It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IDF unit shoots at Syrian post in retaliation for gunfire

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 03:52 AM
link   

www.ynetnews.com

IDF Spokesperson's Unit reported Tuesday that gunfire from Syria hit an IDF unit in the Golan Heights, as had occurred on the two previous nights. No injuries were reported, but a patrol jeep was damaged.

The IDF retaliated by firing a Tamuz missile that destroyed the post from which the shots were fired.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 03:52 AM
link   
So now we have Israel and Syria exchanging gunfire for the third consecutive day. While Israel has reported no deaths or injuries, I wonder what the stats are for the Syrian side, considering the article stated that Israel fired a missile at the post, thus destroying it.

Hopefully this exchange does not lead to further problems. But to tell you all the truth, it doesn't look good.

www.ynetnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Israel is always looking for an excuse to attack Syria just because the terrorists aren't doing well.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Ok so Syria and Israel are at a defacto state of war now it seems?

This is very low intensity and rather than large engagements, what we are seeing here are minor skirmishes and isolated limited bombing.

Hmmm. It's gonna pick up now right?
Now that everyone will start figuring out a new war just developed?

I really don't know though because all of this could die down if no one takes any more shots. But for some reason I sense that getting paybacks will be important here, and so I would place my bets that more violence will ensue in pretty short order. Maybe within a week or less? Just a hunch.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 04:49 AM
link   
I just heard that Syria destoyed a israel unit that entered into golan heights

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by aarys

where? care to add something with substance to that claim?

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by aarys

Wow!
Can you give us a link ?
Or are you echoing the op ?
edit on 21-5-2013 by Timely because: add question

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

www.haaretz.com... The headline is on the breaking news banner.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 05:10 AM
link   
A jeep was destroyed ...

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 05:17 AM
link   
So the "uprising" fails and starts to lose ground, time to call the big guns? Well it's not like anyone didn't see that coming.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

lesson learnt - do not shoot at the isrealis - they shoot back

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Yeah, the "grassroots revolution" has ended up a HUGE fail!
Now israeli terrorists are having to make up a reason to start the genocide of Syria, just like the made up lie that keeps the illusion that they are "protecting" themselves from the mighty Palestinian peoples.
We in the US could stop all of this if we'd just stop funding the israeli terrorists with our bombs and cash.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   

The headline is a little misleading.
The gunfire from Syria itself was retaliation for Israeli meddling on Syrian soil.

Israel doesn't seem to understand the concept of tit for tat.

edit on 21-5-2013 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by aarys

Syrian army destroys Israeli military vehicle in Golan Heights

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
Ok so Syria and Israel are at a defacto state of war now it seems?

This is very low intensity and rather than large engagements, what we are seeing here are minor skirmishes and isolated limited bombing.

Hmmm. It's gonna pick up now right?
Now that everyone will start figuring out a new war just developed?

I really don't know though because all of this could die down if no one takes any more shots. But for some reason I sense that getting paybacks will be important here, and so I would place my bets that more violence will ensue in pretty short order. Maybe within a week or less? Just a hunch.

Yeah payback will be one the minds of everyone and Israel would love reasons to flex it's muscles, It will pick up I reckon but I doubt any war will be formally announced.

Israel doesn't do war formally though does it? or anything much for that matter

It's getting crazy in and around Syria at the moment, naturally Israel will be manning the border with a lot more purpose so instictively I think this kind of exchange will happen more even with the rebels. Must be crazy fighting when their is so many different sides but only a few definitive ones... too many chillies makes for one spicy dish

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
reply to post by aarys

Syrian army destroys Israeli military vehicle in Golan Heights

So,destroyed Israeli vehicle is on Syrian territory - which is frankly a big deal,Israeli military vehicle on Syrian soil, don't you think.
But strangely enough there are no photos of it.
PressTV must be right though, as usual.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

Sorry sir.

Yes sir... press tv is wrong. They are Iranians.... they can never be right, sir.
Im sorry sir... I didn't mean to offend you sir... please forgive me sir.
Sir... I forgot that lowly goyim like me exist to serve the chosen people / master race, sir.

Please forgive me Sir.I will not express my opinions against you chosen ones anymore. Sir.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

Sorry sir.

Yes sir... press tv is wrong. They are Iranians.... they can never be right, sir.
Im sorry sir... I didn't mean to offend you sir... please forgive me sir.
Sir... I forgot that lowly goyim like me exist to serve the chosen people / master race, sir.

Please forgive me Sir.I will not express my opinions against you chosen ones anymore. Sir.

Good thing you posted something on topic and not a bunch of racist garbage. Keep denying ignorance.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Well, since the Israeli jet strike predates all of this anyway, wouldn't Syria be justified in taking the odd shot at IDF troops?

It was an invasion of the airspace of a sovereign nation followed by an airstrike which caused casualties without deceleration of war, or a UN remit - hence illegal and a defacto declaration of war in and of itself.
(scratch that, they've technically been at war since 1948!)

Ironically Israel jumping the gun and air striking only lead to Russia gifting Syria with anti-air defences - NATO is now too scared to get involved because they might actually lose a jet or too, so they've ruined everyones plans - an excellent example of why nations taking unilateral action is never a good idea.

Would be nice if they even attempted to disguise the fact that we only want to get involved to strip Russia of another ally in the region and deny them some coastline, seems like ever since Bush Jr they've decided the masses are too stupid to even need a cover story...
edit on 21-5-2013 by MaxSteiner because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-5-2013 by MaxSteiner because: adding a factoid

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join