It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Awesome E/A-18 Growler video

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on May, 20 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
This is a great video of Growler low level flights in Washington State, from VAQ-132. Amazing video from the cockpit, but you might want to take some Dramamine first.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

That was great to watch. I like when they were starting takeoff and the lead pilot tilts his head back almost in a "oh wow this is awesome" way.

CJ

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Pretty damn interesting.

How fast do you suppose they are going?

It looks like they are moving pretty slow. Maybe that is an illusion due to the massive view.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
That was fun..thanks. I used to spend the weekends on the plateau watching the A-10's shoot the canyon. It just never gets old

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadellacZumbrum

They were at 420 and 520 knots, and 500 feet.
edit on 5/20/2013 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Slipped the surly bonds of earth much?
Awesome flight....

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Awesome.

Must of been new pilots! Could not seem to keep the aircraft in level fight.

P

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

Oh this was high.
It used to be, with the F-111 some of them would flip inverted as they crested a hill, and yank back on the stick as they came over the top of the hill (at about 50 feet or so), so they'd dive down the back side of it, and never go higher than 100 feet or so at the top of the hill.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
AWESOME video!! Thanks for sharing it.

Lets see how the French do it!!!!

edit on 20-5-2013 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Awesome video!! This must over my way in Washington. Where were these guys out of? Whidbey ?

Was that the Columbia river in the beginning of the vid? I'm not sure if it is or not. I haven't seen any leg of it that was that empty of development. Also, that would be a fair distance from Whidbey Is.LOL

Anyway, thanks for the post.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by nwtrucker

It's VAQ-132, known as the Scorpions out of Whidbey. They were the first operational squadron to transfer to the Growler, starting in 2009. They hold several firsts with the Growler.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Not attempting to high jack your thread but this is from my backyard. Like how it shows what our boys go through when dog fighting. Lucky for me my family has a pretty good military back ground and I have been able to see this up close and personal from the ground and air. I'm not in the military or ever have been so it's pretty rare to have the kind of exposure I have had to our Air Force as a civilian.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Bleerrrgh, this made me feel incredibly ill

Incredible video though, do they always have cameras in the cockpit or do they only use them for certain flights?

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Florasaurus

No, they pretty much do these just to release on YouTube anymore. They use a GoPro camera or something similar, and film a flight and it goes straight to YouTube.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   

That reminds me, did you ever see Operation Red Flag Zaph?

I saw it at the IMAX and it was really awesome. Would be cool to see some similar aircraft related films released.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by GuidedKill

holy pair of huge balls on those mirage 2k pilots batman!

Was I the only one to think about water skiing?

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Aw maaan.... Not available to watch on mobile. I did save to a playlist so I can watch later. I live in WA so it will definitely be interesting! Thanks for sharing

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I've got an hour long cruise dvd that VFA-211 did while we were on deployment. The guy was saying go pros are not meant for flight lol. But they had shots of going negative g's and theyd be flipping nalgene bottles around the cockpit in midair. Couple shots of them dropping jdams and such. It's a really cool video.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Nice, the amount of years experience it takes to fly these developed modern Air craft. Thanks Zaphod58 1 enjoyed the visual presentation.

NAMASTE*******

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by truttseeker

Many years ago, we had a bird downchecked because a pilot had some electronic device in the cockpit, and while on autopilot, dropped a battery as he was changing it. Needless to say, the battery did as batteries do, and went right under the ejection seat. They almost had to pull the seat to get it out. Thank god one of the egress guys was skinny, and a contortionist.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join