It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zeitgeist: Addendum

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Have any of you seen any of the Zeitgeist movies? They are some of my favorite documentaries of all time. I re-watched Zeitgeist: Addendum last night and it dawned on me that it would make a great thread.

The first part of the film is about how money is the most corrosive part of our society and explains the system in our country. It's not opinion, it's taken straight from the Federal Reserve's own book, Modern Money Mechanics. It explains how money created to be exchanged between the government and the Federal Reserve creates a never-ending cycle of interest and inflation, that you cannot have money without debt and that you cannot have debt without money. They are one and the same.

The second part shows an interview with John Perkins, author of Confessions of an Economic Hitman, who was involved in trying to more or less con Latin American economies. He also says he was involved in the United States government's overthrowing of many of Latin American heads-of-state when the said cons did not succeed.

Part three brings to light the idea that we as a country need to move away from the current socioeconomic patterns. Free market enterprise and capitalism do not promote efficiency or human progress. Free market enterprise is simply there to maximize profits, no matter the cost, whether it be to add to the production of pollution, or take part in other means of environmental degradation. Capitalism CREATES the conditions it says that it is taking care of, because if they actually were to solve the problems, how would more money be made?

The last part of the film explains that all major social problems are the results of ignorance concerning emergence and symbiosis. This ignorance is perpetuated by the political, monetary, and religious institutions of this great country. It goes on to further explain a "cosmopolitan attitude". It suggests several ways of how we could make social change, largely by boycotting and educating all of the people of our country so their eyes would be open to what is actually going on. It states in this film that most people simply don't try to learn because they are afraid that they would not understand the concept of economics, so they simply don't try to. This needs to be changed.

The film concludes in a sequence depicting actors as members of the fast-paced modern world suddenly stopping in their everyday activities and letting go of various symbolic items of corporate, religious, and materialistic significance. The final statement of the film is to boycott the most powerful banks in the Federal Reserve System, the major news networks (CNN, ABC, NBC, Fox, etc.), the military, energy corporations, and the so-called "democratic" political system; and to join, support, and proliferate The Zeitgeist Movement.

This film, as well as the other Zeitgeist films, blew my mind and rang so true that I had to share.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I totally agree with you. They were a real eye opener to me.
The explanation about the creation of money especially so.
No doubt you'll get people saying that a thread has already been posted on this
subject, but what the hell.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I went outside on December 18th in the morning and the 3 kings of Orion's belt points to the north star which points directly to the sun. How the hell can't people see that religion is just a mythology based on seasons? I am so glad I believe in the sun as my god. It gives us heat, light, and energy.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Check out the Zeitgeist Movements site if you haven't done so already, and also the activist orientation guide.

The Zeitgeist Movement

The Zeitgeist Movement Defined: Realizing a New Train of Thought

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Themanwithnoname

Oh! My bad, I didn't know there already was one, haha.

reply to post by The_Oracle

No, I haven't checked them out yet but I certainly will. Thank you!

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
here's a fine thread on zeitgeist, towards the the of thread you see where we think we expose expose one of zeitgeist contributors.

Zeitgeist Totally Refuted! (Do not post Zeitgeist BS ever again),

check it out good thread.

and golden knight hasn't been back sense.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

Interesting thread, yes. I can't say that I agree or disagree with the religious aspect because I haven't researched the so called incongruities myself. I am more interested in the other matters that their documentaries address, not so much the religious part.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by hounddoghowlie
here's a fine thread on zeitgeist, towards the the of thread you see where we think we expose expose one of zeitgeist contributors.

Zeitgeist Totally Refuted! (Do not post Zeitgeist BS ever again),

check it out good thread.

and golden knight hasn't been back sense.

Bold title but that's about it. It only cares about protecting religion in general, so totally refuted sounds ludicrous...

A good little quote from the thread itself:

"It's basically calling out bullcrap, while using bullcrap as a debunking method."

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Oracle

That's exactly what I got from it. Lots of interesting opinions on the thread, though. Like I said, I'm not particularly interested in the proving religion wrong aspect of the documentaries. I already don't believe in God so I don't really need anyone giving me more reasons not to than I already have. I definitely find what they have to say about politics, economics, and how religion effects the country and the world very fascinating and quite on point.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Zeitgeist is a mind control tool, created to confuse, distort reality and lead people AWAY from the Truth.

What Zeitgeist does is the most dangerous thing that can be done.

It is a mix of truth and lies.

Zeitgeist films use a lot of truth with a little bit of lies thrown in, that is how rat poison works.

Rat poison looks like corn, it smells like corn—and it even tastes like corn.

"Zeitgeist uses a very masterful piece of brainwashing, faith destroying deceit from the father of all lies! Rat poison for the soul - 99% truth, 1% lies!"

The philosophy behind the Zeitgeist movement comes from the writings of H. P. Blavatsky

Blavatsky worshiped Satan, She said:

“Lucifer represents, life, thought, progress, civilization, liberty and independence. Lucifer is the Logos, the Serpent, the Savior. It is Satan who is the God of our planet and the only God.”

"The Zeitgeist solution is Communism re-packaged to rope in the 21st- century-truth seeker."

"Never give people the right to their own opinion!" - JACQUES FRESCO

" Zeitgeist is the activist arm of the Venus Project". The Venus Project is 94-year old control freak Jacques Fresco, born in the Bronx in 1917. It is associated with the UN and pushes the familiar Communist Illuminati agenda: forever concentrating wealth and power in the hands of the Rothschild Crime Syndicate until they have it all. [Communism is a ruse to disguise this control as "public" or State ownership.]

In the words of Ernst Fischer, the Venus Project's "solution is Communism re-packaged to rope in the 21st century truth seeker." Here is a detailed comparison of the Zeitgeist philosophy and Communism.

Fresco, former member of the Communist party, wrote a book with Ken Keyes a while back. The book speaks not only of how the UN will fix the planet, but how they will install a One World Government "for the earth" Um, no thanks, what about the people? Or does Skynet just see us as more resources in the resource management program?"

New Age Communism: The "Zeitgeist" Agenda

"...the TARGET of the film is Christianity. This is what they are after. To usher in the NWO they have to discredit and get rid of Christianity in order for them to succeed. They are very subtle in the way they work now. They are very slick in mixing truth with fact, as the Father of Lies always has done.

Joe Schimmel's article is one of the best written about Zeitgeist:

"Zeitgeist presents a long debunked theory that claims early Christians created a “Christ myth” that is loosely based on an alleged amalgamation of ideas that were borrowed from various pagan religions. However, serious scholars, long ago, refuted the ideas promulgated in Zeitgeist. To its own detriment, Zeitgeist quotes plenty of biased occult sources and very few, if any, primary sources.

"the worst thing about the movie is that it mixes some truth with much “that is plainly and simply Bogus.” "In watching Zeitgeist, I personally had a hard time believing so many lies could be crammed into one film."

"The most disturbing thing about this film is that Zeitgeist falsely claims that Jesus is mere ‘myth’ and not the Savior of the world. However, these claims clearly go against historical evidence to the contrary. Serious scholars and historians no longer question Jesus’ existence. "

"Overall, Zeitgeist repeatedly relies on the views of Satanists and famous occultists like Madame Helena Blavatsky and Manly P. Hall. Many historians document that Blavatsky’s occult teachings inspired the occult worldview of Adolph Hitler and the Nazi movement. One of the astonishing ironies about the Zeitgeist movement is that it came under the guise of exposing pagan beliefs and globalism only to end up leading people away from the truth of God’s word and into the occult and The New World Order!" Source

Richard Evans also wrote a good story on it here as well.

Another excellent video (10 min.) exposing the true agenda of Zeitgeist:

Automated Opposition: The Technocratic Undercurrent of Zeitgeist: Addendum
timesofthesigns.wordpress.com...

Zeitgeist Addendum - A Communist plant to divide and conquer
www.dailypaul.com...

The LIES of Zeitgeist REVEALED and EXPOSED
www.youtube.com...

Satan's Lie Zeitgeist Exposed and Refuted - YouTube
www.youtube.com...

ZEITGEIST and JESUS - Exposing the Lie
www.youtube.com...

edit on 20-5-2013 by Murgatroid because: Added link

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

So what you're saying is that Peter Joseph is a Satanist who is bent on mind-control of the entire population?

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid
"Zeitgeist uses a very masterful piece of brainwashing, faith destroying deceit from the father of all lies! Rat poison for the soul - 99% truth, 1% lies!"

Not a bad ratio at all!

I say; watch them. Enjoy them. Dissect them. Learn from them. Move on.

Or put simply: Find that 1% and eradicate it.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

Exactly!

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by qualm91
So what you're saying is that Peter Joseph is a Satanist who is bent on mind-control of the entire population?

The real issue is not about Peter Joseph being a Satanist...

The issue is: is he speaking TRUTH?

Are you interested in truth or NOT?

THAT is the question you ought to be asking yourself...

FACT: zeitgeist type mind-control will only lead you AWAY from the truth.

This Zeitgeist Movement is a trick by the trickster from the beginning. It is a distraction from the real, right path. Denying credit to God (who has been sorely misrepresented by those now termed religionists and empires and also secular humanists) is fundamentally wrong. It lies at the heart of everything that is wrong. No amount of human-devised material technology will overcome this basic principle, ever!

ZEITGEIST MOVEMENT, VENUS PROJECT, PETER JOSEPH: LIARS FROM THE BEGINNING

edit on 20-5-2013 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid

From what I see you basically sourced sites and people that are either extremely paranoid over NWO conspiracies and mixing the Zeitgeist films and the Zeitgeist Movement into one juicy lump of ignorance.

Peter Joseph has stated many times that his films has nothing to do with the Zeitgeist Movement, it was his personal social commentary expressed in video.

Not to say NWO conspiracies are not true, but Zeitgeist The Movie actually exposed this, so claiming it's some mind control tool to reinforce this is just plain ridiculous.

Those people seem to have absolutely no idea what the movement is about, because like you they probably didn't even bother to check what they're about.They didn't read the orientation guide, nor the FAQ filled with the likeminded nonsense questions thrown at them from likeminded paranoid people.

If anyone would actually want to know more about the Zeitgeist Movement and what it's actually about go to their site instead of some attention seeking blogger's...

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   

That is one extremely biased quote, which can not even be considered an argument. The whole article you mentioned is too subjective.

I agree that there were many factual mistakes in Zeitgeist I. I remember watching it from the National Television. This was the first conspiracy movie I ever saw. For me, it was extremely fascinating, yet when I dug further, I realised there were many factual mistakes in the movie, yet it raised a good question about the similarities between different religions. Myths have changed over time and details might differ, although there tend to be many similarities in the ancient myths of different cultures all around the world.

Well, probably I never will understand the religion well and for me, no offense to anybody, it seems more of a means of controlling the population, based on the bloodstained history of it. Whatever was the major goal of itl, after the christianity started, during the first 500 years it was simply used to control the people and gain power and profit. My nation has suffered a lot due to religion. From the crusades to the occupation by different nation with different religions. That is probably the reason why this country is the most atheistic country in the world (over 95% of locals being atheistic), as it has brought so much suffering to this small nation.

Overally I liked the movies. Especially the last one. I had learnt the Venus project at school and a bit about the resource-based economy, but I had forgotten a lot and well, the movie was in much more detail. Whether it is utopia or not, it is nice idea, a great ideal to move towards.

PS. Besides the several incorrect/wrongly misinterprated facts, the overall message of the movies was definetly positive and pointed oout many mistakes in our system. For many people, that movie made them think about life and the system generally, which is never a bad thing.
edit on 20-5-2013 by Cabin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
First of all, I would like to point out that in my original post I said absolutely nothing about religion yet the conversation was turned to religion, as most conversations are, as a way of "debunking" the documentaries. I find that, honestly, quite ridiculous.

The documentaries hold more truth than not. They point out things that the "average" person doesn't usually think about and makes them wonder about them, which is why the films were made in the first place. You can't pick out certain things about the films that you don't personally agree with (usually the religious parts) and then say that the films as a whole are completely wrong. That is just ignorant.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I wish zeitgeist didn't exist....invaded the truth movement
Look up the new age religion, which worships lucifer and other deities.
Read about the new age religion for yourself don't take my word for it.
Then read "the lost keys of freemasonrry" by manly p hall
You'll start to notice a pattern

We're being pre programmed to worship demons pretending to be aliens.
They'll come up (not down, think about it) smelling of sulfur telling everyone they created us (nice Scientology there :O) and need to save us from another bad race of aliens, a war will break out.
The "good cops" will say the "bad cops" were messing with us, and we're free now from killing and poverty, and everything else what have you. Many will be...depopulated

I honestly hope everyone can break out of the matrix one day
These masonic esoteric religions invaded the truth movement...with their elitist mindset...its revolting

Originally posted by qualm91
First of all, I would like to point out that in my original post I said absolutely nothing about religion yet the conversation was turned to religion, as most conversations are, as a way of "debunking" the documentaries. I find that, honestly, quite ridiculous.

The documentaries hold more truth than not. They point out things that the "average" person doesn't usually think about and makes them wonder about them, which is why the films were made in the first place. You can't pick out certain things about the films that you don't personally agree with (usually the religious parts) and then say that the films as a whole are completely wrong. That is just ignorant.

Demons told her I was coming lol.
edit on 4-6-2013 by RaflClad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by RaflClad

Religion is what programs minds. Making everything about God, the devil, or gods, and demons, that is what programs minds. Thirst for knowledge is what opens them. That's what these documentaries give us. Questions that make us seek our own answers.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
The Zeitgeist movement is just a neo-Marxist agenda run by anti-American liberals who want to destroy capitalism.

They are opposed to the concept of profit. Some of them want to abolish money altogether. They dream of a high-tech scientific dictatorship.

Delusional people with very dangerous ideas.
edit on 4/6/13 by Sankari because: typo...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join