It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zeitgeist: Addendum

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   
lol at all the wacko comments trying to derail this discussion...

OP - Zeitgeist has definitely been discussed here before on ATS - there was a time when this website was actually much more tuned to the critical thinking type of conspiracy - rather than all the partisan politics and tinfoil paranoia you see today (well ok, the tinfoil's always been around).

But here are the main threads on the last 2 films:

Zeitgeist Addendum Released

Zeitgeist: Moving Forward - Officially Released Online

Although the first movie probably got the most attention because of the religion controversy, it's definitely the last 2 that have taken everything to another level, mainly for the reasons that you've already stated.

What I love about Zeitgeist is how well they simplify many of the complex issues within the films, to the point that they become quite self-evident and obvious. Like someone out there might not initially understand how fiat currency, fractional reserve banking, or planned obsolescence work - and how these principles are used to manufacture an entirely fake, Ponzi scheme economy plutocracy.

But when you point out how ridiculous it is that someone would actually go out and spend $2000 on a handbag because it has a designer logo on it, when the thing cost 35 cents to make in a sweatshop in China - people really start to think harder about the actual math behind the stuff they might already be somewhat cynical about, but otherwise take completely for granted.

Zeitgeist Addendum and Moving Forward are great films for the way they get everyone talking, thinking, and looking at the world in ways that have been there right in front of them all along - but they've always just managed to passively accept rather than truly stop and question.

I have recommended both films to many people I know, most of whom aren't even remotely conspiracy-minded. But virtually every one of them comes back to me wanting to have a 3 hour in-depth discussion about it after

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by qualm91
reply to post by RaflClad

Religion is what programs minds. Making everything about God, the devil, or gods, and demons, that is what programs minds. Thirst for knowledge is what opens them. That's what these documentaries give us. Questions that make us seek our own answers.

You are drone to follow the documentary of a human being that made Zeitgeist. the movie is bunk and a lot of folks your age take the religion part as true because the rest of it makes sense. Call back when you leave the teenage years.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by LastStarfighter

I just now read this. It's been a while since I've got on here because, honestly, I got tired of hearing things from people like you. You apologized on my last thread yet you continue to be utterly condescending. An open discussion is one thing, I do not begrudge someone their opinion, and I am certainly interested in hearing those opinions. Otherwise, I never would have made an account on this website. But the way you word things is utterly offensive. You act as if you have all the answers and that anyone else's is absolutely wrong. And not just wrong, but completely ignorant. Last time I checked, none of us had all the answers, all we can do is assume and believe in what we assume. There is absolutely no need to put others down and say that they are an ignorant child just because what they believe in contradicts what you do. It seems to me that you are just afraid of anything that could make you think differently because you are so set in your ways that it has made you ignorant to the possibility of appreciating what someone else has to say. I've met plenty of people like you, and I have not liked a single one of them. So you can go ahead and get off my threads. Thank you very much.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by LastStarfighter

And I will AGAIN point out (as I find myself doing multiple times in all of my threads) that my original post had NOTHING to do with the religious aspect of the documentary. I think that you just cling to that aspect because you think that you are so incredibly above everyone who thinks of religion differently. And saying 'people my age'? Really? I've probably been through more in my 22 years that you could imagine. Age is just a number. It's how you life your life that gives you wisdom, and you don't seem to have much of that.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Have seen the first Zeitgeist, haven't seen the second.

I'm a huge fan of minimalistic living. While I have a nice place, My wife and I actually live quite minimal lives. We're growing fruit and veggies ourselves (would raise chickens etc if we could) and believe that as much as possible self sustainability is the way to go.

We don't have cell phones and function quite well without them. We do have computers but mostly for information and easy communication, not for entertainment.

I've taken my ham radio license too.

The best defense you have against a decline is to live off the grid as much as possible.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Religion is toxic to the freedom and peace of mankind .

Zeitgeist does present a new and better way of living ...

it may not be perfect but it is far better than the cesspit we find ourselves in .

Ignore the paranoid fools who cant see past their own fears .

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by R0CR13

Thanks, darlin'. Very good points.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 04:40 AM
link   
I saw the most recent of these movies the other day, and frankly it was hard to stomach the cherry picking, propaganda, sweeping assumptions and misinterpretation that it was built upon.
It was pretty much like watching the worst of the news channels on offer, just compiled by a conspiracy obsessed individual who should get out more and read more widely. It is as much propaganda as Fox News or a Party Political Broadcast.
Yar, i'm still annoyed by the amount of bunk it presented. I kinda enjoyed the first movie when i saw it a few years back, simply as it presented something different and provided "noobs" with an intro and starting/jumping off point. That is entirely different from it being true, rational or factual though - it should be picked apart and analysed as much as all other media that seeks to tell us what to think.... heck, it should probs be rejected and subject to disdain for that alone.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Mankind seems to have a religious nature; we seem to want to have all our answers in one place, whether it be from an ancient book or a contemporary and 'alternative' documentary. Sometimes you may have to walk a path in order to find out that it leads nowhere.

Personally, I didn't walk very far down the 'Zeitgeist' path.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join