It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Falling apart...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Yes, I know I said I wouldn't post another "rant" thread any time soon, but this day has been emotionally ravaging, and I have no one to talk to, and no possible way of venting, because I'm babysitting.

My best friend gave my other best friend hell for cooking a meal for my fiance (my two best friends are room mates, or... they were this morning. not anymore). He blew up out of nowhere, saying "We're not a ***damn charity. He has a job, he can get his own damn food."

My friend got fed up, and a long time coming. He moved out.

My fiance has a job, but literally ALL his money is going towards a place to live, and getting our car. He has none to spare, and he's in a very tight spot.

My friend was being a pompus, selfish prick.

He's got a history of blowing up on people for no reason, and I've been VERY patient and loyal to him. I've never even retaliated when he's treated my friend and fiance like #, because I understand his anger issues, and I can empathize. But this particular instance was too much.

Then, before I can confront him, he messages me and says "Hey, we're not gonna hang out for a while, if ever again. Just so you know."

He's my best friend. And he's willing to "cut me out" because he has a problem with my fiance, which was NOT my fiance's fault at all.

So, I calmly explained to him that it wasn't their fault that he was being childish. He says to me, "They're assholes, and you're turning out to be no different."

Then, he deleted his facebook account so he didn't have to face my response.

So, I texted him and said "Oh, is that right? (My fiance)'s money is ALL going towards a place to live, and he's in a really tight spot. Your aunt was more than willing to send them off with food, too. Oh, but I'M the asshole. Get rid of my number. Bye."

"Don't flatter yourself, I ALREADY got rid of your number. Don't contact me again." He says.

Flatter, LOL. I've got a million more loved ones more worthwhile than he is. He won't be hard to forget. He's nothing. So, I texted back and said "Likewise." Unfriended, number deleted. Hope he rots in hell.

I considered him a brother. I was the only one who never gave up on him through his little episodes. But you know what? There's a line between emotionally disturbed and human trash.

Good riddance.

But that's not the worst part of this day.. only a small contributing factor.

My little sister came into my room a few hours ago, saying "Something's wrong with Papaw!"

I went into the living room, and my Papaw was lying on the couch, his eyes and mouth open, releasing a loud moaning sound. He wasn't blinking, and after a moment, the moaning stopped, and he wasn't breathing, and he had no pulse. My Mamaw and I couldn't wake him up, so I called 911. They came, preformed CPR, and took him away when he didn't respond.

He was dead for a little while, then at the hospital, they were able to bring him back and preform a quick open heart surgery. He had a massive heart attack.

I will never get that image out of my head... he died, right in front of me.

And even after telling my (ex) friend this, he calls me an asshole for defending my fiance and my other friend, who were very CLEARLY not in the wrong. That conversation I posted--that took place AFTER he knew what had happened to my Papaw.

Good fried, huh.

Now, I'm the only one at my Mamaws while everyone else is at the hospital, waiting for Papaw's verdict. I'm babysitting my little sister and my five year old cousin, who both witnessed the whole thing.

It was intense, like a vivid dream.

I'm so jittery, and I feel completely sick... I couldn't eat right now if I tried.

It scared the hell outta me... I haven't seen someone die since I was in fourth grade, when my cousin's fiance overdosed in our house.

But at least they were able to stabilize him, I hope he makes it.

Oh yes... and another childish friend of mine blew up at my fiance because he "made a wrong turn" off the interstate when he was taking her to go pick up her meds. She went ballistic on him.

Another drama queen unfriended, number deleted.

I am so sick of people.

I can not wait to move out of this God-forsaken place, away from these worthless sub-human beings.

I can honestly say my stepmother was a better friend than these people--and this is a woman who had two false restraining orders put on me, just to try to have me arrested because she knew I couldn't afford to pay for court costs. I know this because she blackmailed my dad, saying "If you don't want your daughter going to jail, you better come see me and we'll talk."

Translation; she wants to get back together with him.

I hate that woman more than Satan himself.

But she was more loyal to me than these "friends" are.

So, here it is. I've finally given in, and I've finally given up on them. I have a few friends who ARE worthwhile, and a wonderfully perfect fiance, not to mention a huge family, which is experiencing a lot of chaos right now. I have more important things to worry about than these worthless people.

Good riddance, I hope I never have the misfortune of laying eyes on them again.

Sorry to rant so much this week, ATS. I've been going through hell.

Thanks to those who have been patient with me here, you're all better friends than some of my inner circle. That is pathetic, isn't it?

edit on 18-5-2013 by XxNightAngelusxX because: typo

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

He just blew up out of nowhere? I get the feeling there may be more to your story than one side. If he's your best friend, there's got to be some deeper, underlying reason for him to arbitrarily cut himself off from you.

Edit: And I'm really sorry to hear about your grandfather. I hope he's doing okay now. I know how worried sick I was over my own grandpa with all of his ailments (alcoholism, then a massive heart attack, then diabetes).
edit on 18-5-2013 by FollowTheWhiteRabbit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by FollowTheWhiteRabbit

He just blew up out of nowhere? I get the feeling there may be more to your story than one side. If he's your best friend, there's got to be some deeper, underlying reason for him to arbitrarily cut himself off from you.

Edit: And I'm really sorry to hear about your grandfather. I hope he's doing okay now. I know how worried sick I was over my own grandpa with all of his ailments (alcoholism, then a massive heart attack, then diabetes).
edit on 18-5-2013 by FollowTheWhiteRabbit because: (no reason given)

It was entirely out of nowhere.

He has some extreme bi-polar, and he's been taking meds on and off all his life. He's also been in countless fights through school and such. When he is in a bad mood, he tends not to tell anyone or talk to anyone about it--then if any minor annoyance occurs, he explodes on whoever is close to him.

I think, if there's anything missing from the story, its just that he wanted the groceries his aunt bought to himself, rather than having to share. He's extremely selfish.

He's had a pretty privileged life, and he tends to throw a hissy fit when things don't go his way.

And, thanks... I know he doesn't have much time left, but it would royally suck if he were to die right now. Thank you for your concern.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   

As far as your male friend goes, sounds like I detect some jealousy there, I may be wrong....

Sorry to hear about your Grandfather, hope all turns out okay.

Losing a loved one is hard.
Unfortunately I've lost many through my years.
It can be tough.....

Good luck and be strong

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Well.

If it makes you feel any better, my crappy week doesn't look so bad anymore.
Perspective is a hell of a thing.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by snarky412

As far as your male friend goes, sounds like I detect some jealousy there, I may be wrong....

Sorry to hear about your Grandfather, hope all turns out okay.

Losing a loved one is hard.
Unfortunately I've lost many through my years.
It can be tough.....

Good luck and be strong

Nah, he doesn't harbor any feelings that would require him to open up to another person. He clings to his senseless childish anger, and he's going to die alone wallowing in a pit of false self rightiousness and an eternal amount of shame.

I'm sorry, I understand the pain of loss... God bless

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn

Well.

If it makes you feel any better, my crappy week doesn't look so bad anymore.
Perspective is a hell of a thing.

Y'know what's weird? That kinda does make me feel better.

No clue why.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
i hope your pa's ok.
make the most of the time you have together.

i didn't post here for no reason. here's some advice for next time - GO FOR A WALK IN NATURE instead of getting dragged into an argument
you always want to be able to talk things out and it can't be done when emotions are rising.. a 10 minute walk is almost like a 10 month holiday, try it next time. (and if things get heated on return, just go for another walk)

you don't want to cause an event to happen that you'll end up regretting..

even though your story is told from your perspective.. the friend you had an argument with seems decent if they are telling you something like "we might not see eachother for a while" (that's almost as good as going for a walk) ..that's probably why you were friends in the first place?

time heals all wounds.

thanks for the jerry springer flashback and i hope it all works out.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by UNIT76
i hope your pa's ok.
make the most of the time you have together.

i didn't post here for no reason. here's some advice for next time - GO FOR A WALK IN NATURE instead of getting dragged into an argument
you always want to be able to talk things out and it can't be done when emotions are rising.. a 10 minute walk is almost like a 10 month holiday, try it next time. (and if things get heated on return, just go for another walk)

you don't want to cause an event to happen that you'll end up regretting..

even though your story is told from your perspective.. the friend you had an argument with seems decent if they are telling you something like "we might not see eachother for a while" (that's almost as good as going for a walk) ..that's probably why you were friends in the first place?

time heals all wounds.

thanks for the jerry springer flashback and i hope it all works out.

Yeah, I walk to escape things. But this wasn't something I could walk away from. It needed to be confronted.

The problem is, no one tells him how it is, no one ever lays it out flat before him. Everyone coddles him and waits for his episodes to be over. He does all this on PURPOSE. That little detail implies that his argument is invalid bias, and nothing short of a seek for petty attention.

I'm sick of people talking down to my fiance--people who have claimed to be my best friends--then calling me an asshole for defending him.

Seriously. If a friend of yours was out of a place to live and was struggling badly, would YOU think twice before making him lunch when he stopped by for a visit on the way to work?

That was way over the line, and I'm done with it. As many times as I've talked BOTH of these people down from self mutilation and suicide, my God... you know what? I won't be there to stop them next time. Let them kill themselves.

edit on 18-5-2013 by XxNightAngelusxX because: typo

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
The one key sentence in your OP is this:

"He deleted his facebook so he didn't have to face my reply."

I don't know, but when did facebook become a defacto reality. I mean to the point that 'best friends' break up over it.

I think there is far more going on in this microcosm than just people not getting along. It's a complete disconnect from real life.

I saw my dad die in front of me. He never came back and I still remember the last words he spoke, before people started milling around asking stupid questions like "is he alright?" as he dropped in the middle of the central train station after I had been bashed by a large group of nyungars. Who then felt the immediate desire to laugh hysterically.

Not sure I really ever did get over it.

I think I must have missed a part of your post.

I don't think I'll ever comprehend how facebook has become what family and friends used to be. Person to person.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

I don't think I'll ever comprehend how facebook has become what family and friends used to be. Person to person.

You can't beat that one on one contact with people.
To be able to see their face and their expressions while having a conversation.

Nope, I never have nor will I ever belong to FB/Twitter....

"Oh, I have 500 friends on FB"......yeah right.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend
The one key sentence in your OP is this:

"He deleted his facebook so he didn't have to face my reply."

I don't know, but when did facebook become a defacto reality. I mean to the point that 'best friends' break up over it.

I think there is far more going on in this microcosm than just people not getting along. It's a complete disconnect from real life.

I saw my dad die in front of me. He never came back and I still remember the last words he spoke, before people started milling around asking stupid questions like "is he alright?" as he dropped in the middle of the central train station after I had been bashed by a large group of nyungars. Who then felt the immediate desire to laugh hysterically.

Not sure I really ever did get over it.

I think I must have missed a part of your post.

I completely hear you, and I'm sorry you experienced something like that...

My grandmother died a few months ago, and she's friends with me on facebook. That along with the fact that my tracphone rarely has many minutes and facebook is the only concrete contact I have with friends and family, are the only reasons I haven't deleted my facebook account.

Believe me, I've wanted to millions of times. But I don't visit facebook too often, I only use it to message my mother and fiance.

I feel the detachment you feel.

This ex friend of mine falls very far under that category.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   

reply to post by winofiend

You can't beat that one on one contact with people.
To be able to see their face and their expressions while having a conversation.

Nope, I never have nor will I ever belong to FB/Twitter....

"Oh, I have 500 friends on FB"......yeah right.

If I had this argument face to face with him, he probably would have tried to kill me. He's attacked a lot of my friends out of rage before, and over very trivial things. I wouldn't put it past him to hurt anyone around him.

He crushed one of my old friends' foot in a door, smacked her, tried to deck her in the face...

He beat the hell out of my other friend's brother, too.

He likes to hurt people.

edit on 18-5-2013 by XxNightAngelusxX because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   

If I had this argument face to face with him, he probably would have tried to kill me. He's attacked a lot of my friends out of rage before, and over very trivial things. I wouldn't put it past him to hurt anyone around him. He crushed one of my old friends' foot in a door, smacked her, tried to deck her in the face... He beat the hell out of my other friend's brother, too. He likes to hurt people.

Well hell, that's not good......

I was merely talking about having friends that are physically there for you instead of internet "friends" that are just 'out there' some where.

Any how, hope your friend gets some help....

Be careful and stay safe

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   

If I had this argument face to face with him, he probably would have tried to kill me. He's attacked a lot of my friends out of rage before, and over very trivial things. I wouldn't put it past him to hurt anyone around him. He crushed one of my old friends' foot in a door, smacked her, tried to deck her in the face... He beat the hell out of my other friend's brother, too. He likes to hurt people.

Well hell, that's not good......

I was merely talking about having friends that are physically there for you instead of internet "friends" that are just 'out there' some where.

Any how, hope your friend gets some help....

Be careful and stay safe

Thanks

I don't care if he gets help at this point. All his friends are praying for him and telling him they hope he gets better, and he bitches about it, saying they're all assholes who "don't act like real friends..."

Like he'd know anything about that.

God help him. He's going to be alone forever.

new topics

top topics

join