It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who will "Save our Sorry Asses?"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
The world situation seems to have an urgency about it that cannot be denied these days....
Tensions rarely relax to previous levels once raised.
When water is boiled, the molecules are speeded up, and tend to bump into each other more often.....This in turn begets even more collisions, till the surface of the water is roiling with excess energies......and steam is rising with vigour from it.
I visualise humanity as perched in such a kettle , being slowly heated, and squeezed into the stage where "collisions" begin to spawn bigger ones until.........well you get the picture.....
With the technological runaway,(things like Fukishima, Chernobyl, etc). the possibilities of self anihalation become far from remote.
The creation of genetically enhanced or modified viruses or germs,plants or even people and animals,
poses some very important inner reflections which must be made before things get totally out of control.....
Other problems abound that have nothing to do with technology.....dire ones indeed.....
Throughout our history here on earth, there seems to have been, from age to age,some few people who have stood out from the teeming masses, with an ability to set life into terms which the rest of us have assimilated into our paradimes.
Ghandi,perhaps....or even Hitler, people who have captured the essence of some chord which could be struck deep within the heart and soul of humanity, that once struck, echoes throughout the soul of a people.
Some may argue that Hitler has no place being even mentioned yet, one must look at the sufferring of the German people out of which he was bourne.....
Thus mistakenly or righteously, the essence of the people may be harnessed(or set free) to
that which they can most identify with.

Using this as basic premise, i ask you, who is in the wings?
What are the possibilities of some major chord being struck that would resound through most of humanity (those within communication....)
And most important of all
WHO, is out there?
WHO could be capable of making this happen?
What possible single all pervasive nerve must be touched?
The chaos is building to unbearable crescendo.....and history tells us that these pressures will result in inevitable conclusions.....
The world awaits such an one ..........but,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,who?..
Is he a spiritual leader?A technocrat?Some unknown man with an idea we havent yet heard?
Or is there even anyone who may fill the bill partially?
Any ideas?
respectfully ....s
edit on 18-5-2013 by stirling because: (i spell bad)

edit on 18-5-2013 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

In this day and age, its impossible for any one man to get the support of the worlds population. Not even the support of a whole nation. Everybody has faults that are scrutinised, media can make or break an individuals career at the drop of the hat. People are divided on the most unimportant issues. It may take an extraterrestrial threat to unite us all.

If someone came forward saying he wanted to bring the world together, he would immediately be viewed with suspicion.

So unless good Aliens come and save us, we are on our own.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Check the firehose and the thread I just started. Your answer comes by looking at the heel of the loaf of bread. You and I are the slices, but the heel is what crushes the head of the powers that corrupt the Earth. Look at my posts backwards and you can read this story. Link to the thread: Error of the Money Changers is a lesson for us all.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I came in here fully expecting to reply with something along the lines of, "And I suppose you have a game plan for us, oh expert strategist?"

So we're talking about a single person. Well, my best guess is someone who uses the world's hidden knowledge to solve all of humanity's problems. It would only be done make everyone think he's a holy person, and therefore be worshiped as the ultimate world leader. Nothing is done on a global scale outside of the pursuit of power, in my opinion.

But first, that knowledge would have to be willingly given up. I'm not sure how. I think all of it would come from the Vatican.

edit on 18-5-2013 by EllaMarina because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   

It seems that in the past rulers were mystified, even deified by their populace. We don't know if thats actually true from where we sit in the modern world. Did people actually believe that Caesar or Emperor Hirohito was a God? What about Manson or Karesh? They claimed to be messengers or "from" God, if you will. Jim Jones? Even today, most of "Churchdom" believes that Jesus was God in the flesh.

Alas, all of our Idols are dashed on the rocks of history. Right? We are smarter than that today. Because of the culmination of Knowledge on the internet, everyone who takes notice sees that all the crap about men being Gods is well... crap.

Who's going to believe in a "Superman"? Like you said, Hitler used that propaganda I think just to further his own selfish goals. It wasn't about "Idealism" for him, just more power, control and wealth. We see the illusion, looking back.

If a man comes forward today and declares himself God, he will be laughed and debunked off of the world stage (right here first, probably). We wouldn't fall for it.

I think the word controllers know this and so won't be trying to convince us of having a "new man", Genetic super being, or a Sentient "A.I.".

In fact their highest, noblest forms of propaganda today serve to extend their influence and control over everyone and everything by using notions that aren't really tangible in the common sense of most peoples minds.

Concepts presented to us in the form of terms like Globalism, War on Terror and Democracy. They are vague and not really definable. These ideas keep us arguing amongst ourselves as to their true meaning.

Which allows the assholes at the top to keep right on ruling over us.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
There is no silver bullet, no one cure. The reason for this is that although all mankinds current issues have the same root, that root is a distributed, centreless mass. One cannot band enough people of like mind together, to FORCE a change on people who neither understand it well enough to embrace it, or would accept help from the particular quater from which it originates.

All that one can do is look to ones own actions, ones own morality, and ensure that they comport themselves with the due care and attention which they see lacking in the actions of others. That is the only way to combat a distributed enemy, by taking a stand and inspiring others to do the same, on thier own time, and in thier own way. No group, how so ever formed, could achieve the same results, or better them.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Who will "Save our Sorry Asses?

Only ever Us.

We are alone. There is no help here. No one, I mean no one gives a rat's ass about whether we dig ourselves out or not.

That's the problem; folks think that there is some person or entity/ies or some hidden aspect of Man that lies in wait to ride in and save the day.

It aint ever gonna happen.

We are stuck in a loop. Hungarian historian Mircea Eliade suggested that mankind has the tendency to escape in to its cyclical mythologies in order to escape from the terror of linear history.

I agree with him; we just cannot seem to face ourselves so that we can break the cycle.

No One is Coming To Save Us

We just have to get that off the table. may as well turn and introduce yourselves to your neighbors; we are all stuck in this and no one here get's out alive.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Yourself when you rise up and evolve to the next stage. There is an hidden invasion going on and humans cannot do anything to stop it since the invaders are born here and are just a bit more aware than the ones that need to become more aware. Some people will hate to have to change some of their more destructive egoistic ways. But until they do the kettle will continue to heat up.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Bybyots

That's the cold reality of it. I think humanity has the potential to improve itself, but after the next ELE when we have to start all over, I fear this cycle of corruption will just happen again.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I thank you for the replies...well thought out too....
(it gives rise to hope)
m surprised to get such poignant input......
I gather that you mostly beieve its up to us....that nobody , no person existing has any where near the potential to bring us to a world of justice and freedom,of fairness and peace.
The upshot so far is that WE have to do this ourselves?
is that about it?
How about the chance that there will be a man who is so cunning of speech, so guilful of circumspection, so immaculate of person that nobody can touch him/her?
Somebody who will have the patience, and wisdom to see the blind avenues which we are willy nilly persuing,
and halt the headlong rush we are making into an uncertain future?
Of all humanity, there must be one or two who may be capable of such a feat.......in every generation....
Are we sure nobody may be waiting in the wings of the not too distant future ?

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   

The upshot so far is that WE have to do this ourselves?
is that about it?

You mean try not to be part of the problem?

How about the chance that there will be a man who is so cunning of speech, so guilful of circumspection, so immaculate of person that nobody can touch his/her?

I ain't falling for anymore cults or cult leaders. But I do think the media is about the closest agency culpable for influencing peoples minds on a mass scale. They have learned to ply their trade and employ all the mind meld tricks of their trade. Hundreds of millions of people in this country alone are completely gullible and enraptured by their "truths".

Thats not any one person per se, but legions of writers, editors, and censors all in unison with one agenda. Maybe thats the smooth tongue devil you are looking for? The MSM?

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Take the present POTUS fer instance.....
How much of him s real?
How much is a construct of the party or owners who sponsor him?
Suppose those very MSM agreed upon a person?
Then they set about constructing that person?
Think they could pull it off?
The person we hope for is none of those things.....:wouldnt that be the first clue?@@:

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
Take the present POTUS fer instance.....
How much of him s real?
How much is a construct of the party or owners who sponsor him?
Suppose those very MSM agreed upon a person?
Then they set about constructing that person?
Think they could pull it off?
The person we hope for is none of those things.....:wouldnt that be the first clue?@@:

About Obama... remember how he rode the wave of "change we can believe in" to the White House? Now, here we are, and there was no change from the wars, Guantonimo, Drones, invasion and overthrow of other countries. We bought it back then, just like we were supposed too. Listen to him in here from a scene in Michael Moore's movie.

We got duped by the very powers that be, just like we are being duped by them to this very day. In this case politicians like Obama have become nothing more than front men for the ones behind the curtain pulling the levers and turning the knobs. Just like an attorney for the mob is a spokesman for them in court. You don't hear from the mob just the attorneys, the spokesman. And he or they say just exactly what they are supposed too.

It is written for them ahead of time and presented to us hidden from sight and in plain view.

From this:

Telep rompter

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Is this then what we have to look forward to?
Only more of the same phoney and trumped up "leaders" whose words are written beforehand and whose loyalties dont lie with the people they swear to serve?
RP perhaps. could have been a consumate peoples president...but was marginalized by the MSM into obscurity...
But not before exposing the whole system for what it truely is....a corrupt and decadent rule of the rich.
Now we have a very empty chair in the house of government, and far too few candidates to fill those same shoes.
Who speaks for you in the halls of the mighty now?
From what ranks can we expect the next real honest leader?
It apears to me that we are getting fewer and fewer choices of lesser and lesser men.

new topics

top topics

join