It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Latest Pro-Choice Hypocrisy

page: 16
<< 13  14  15   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by windword
If your neighbor enters your house and starts taking your food and money, without your permission, you have the right to use lethal force to protect your home.

Bad analogy
No one can compare a fetus to a robber with a straight face
that is extreme thinking

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I think the greatest hypocrisy is that this clearly pro-abortion man did NOT give his girlfriend a CHOICE. As for the case, it is murder. It's always murder.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Woah. Suddenly had a bad case of deja vu.
I gotta agree with OP on this one. Murder is a bit extreme in this case if we're going with the 'pro-choice' stance.
edit on 21-5-2013 by Robohamster because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by quietlearner

If your neighbor enters your house and starts taking your food and money, without your permission, you have the right to use lethal force to protect your home.

Bad analogy
that is extreme thinking

Spoken like a man who has never spent weeks hunched over a toilet bowl because of a life growing inside of you. You can't understand the women's mind set who is experiencing and unwanted pregnancy. You can't imagine that she may not love it, or that she may actually hate and resent that life and want it taken out of her.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by quietlearner

Bad analogy
that is extreme thinking

Spoken like a man who has never spent weeks hunched over a toilet bowl because of a life growing inside of you. You can't understand the women's mind set who is experiencing and unwanted pregnancy. You can't imagine that she may not love it, or that she may actually hate and resent that life and want it taken out of her.

Unless she was raped, the woman in your toilet bowl example chose to take the risk of becoming pregnant.

If she was raped, she could take a 'morning after' pill to be sure that she did not become pregnant.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

I'm not talking about or addressing justification and who is elligable or not for abortion by your standards. I'm talking about the mind set of that woman who is in the situation of the unholy alliance of an unwanted pregnancy.

It doesn't matter whether or not you approve of her situation.

edit on 21-5-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   

I'm not talking about or addressing justification and who is elligable or not for abortion by your standards. I'm talking about the mind set of that woman who is in the situation of the unholy alliance of an unwanted pregnancy.

It doesn't matter whether or not you approve of her situation.

edit on 21-5-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

I guess you didn't notice, but I didn't say anything about whether I approved or not.

I stated facts.

Plus, it doesn't matter whether I approve or not. Abortion is legal.
And I won't need to get one anyway.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   

You disapproval comes across in your wording. No woman chooses an unwanted pregnancy, and there are many reasons why they happen.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   

You disapproval comes across in your wording. No woman chooses an unwanted pregnancy, and there are many reasons why they happen.

You are reading something into it that isn't there.

Here is what I actually said:

chose to take the risk of becoming pregnant.

And you said this:

No woman chooses an unwanted pregnancy,

Rock climbers don't choose to fall off of a cliff, but they choose to do the behavior which makes it possible.

You said this:

there are many reasons why they happen.

With the exception of rape, the reason that pregnancies happen is because the woman chose to engage in sexual activity. Actions have consequences.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   

So, you're of the"Do the crime, pay the time" camp.

Whether or not she "choose" to have sex, whether or not she took precautions, she is in an unwanted, but not totally unforeseen predicament. Birth control fails, chances are taken, mistakes happen. Fortunately, there is a relatively safe and legal remedy, abortion.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   

So, you're of the"Do the crime, pay the time" camp.

Whether or not she "choose" to have sex, whether or not she took precautions, she is in an unwanted, but not totally unforeseen predicament. Birth control fails, chances are taken, mistakes happen. Fortunately, there is a relatively safe and legal remedy, abortion.

I believe that I plainly stated that abortion is legal.

I stated facts, you blamed me for casting approval/disapproval, which is not the case. You are arguing about something that isn't there on my end.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Okay then. We are in agreement!

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15   >>

join