It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robo Raven: New 3D-Printed Drone Mimics Nature...Gift or Weapon?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Is it a bird? Is it a plane? Is it peaceful? Is it deadly? Is it going to be used against us?

Judging from everything that's been happening for the last 10 years with the rise of the Police State along with the decline of freedoms through the decimation of what used to be called the Constitution, I know my answers.

This says it all:

As with all technology, there are two sides. 3D printing offers a range of potential benefits and open-source solutions to free humanity from centralized corporate and police state shackles. Naturally, the good elements are being fought tooth-and-nail, while the aberrant forms that mimic nature and offer little but an insult to the senses and a severe danger to core concepts of liberty and self-direction are being promoted as technological progress.

Technology gone too far? Absolutely.

Anyone remember all the warnings when we were younger as to humanity going too far and having our own intelligence used against us? Here it is.

www.activistpost.com...
Here are some surveillance and detection concepts already in operation or under development beyond the newly announced Robobee and the Robo Raven seen above.

A group of smaller surveillance drones called NAV (nano air vehicles) or MAV (micro air vehicles) already have been commissioned: mapleseed drones; sparrow drones by 2015, dragonfly drones to fly in swarms by 2030, and eventually a housefly drone.

And if the reconstruction of nature doesn't pan out, nature itself can be hijacked using electrical impulses to create cyborg surveillance insects being studied at major universities.

Nano sensors for use in agriculture that measure crops and environmental conditions.

Bomb-sniffing plants using rewired DNA to detect explosives and biological agents.

"Smart Dust" motes that wirelessly transmit data on temperature, light, and movement (this can also be used in currency to track cash).

Nano-based RFID barcodes that can be embedded into any material for tracking of all products . . . and people.

Devices to detect molecules, enzymes, proteins and genetic markers -- opening up the door for race-specific bioweapons, as mentioned in the Project For a New American Century's policy paper Rebuilding America's Defenses.

We used to get along quite fine without all this surveillance technology being developed so what has happened in only a generation? Why are we not allowed to have the 3d model to print a weapon to protect us and our families but the same tech can be used as a possible war machine and most likely another tool in the sky "Watching" over us? For our protection of course.

Oh right...If you become the enemy, you create enemies. Sorry I forgot.

Peace

edit on 16-5-2013 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I was more mesmerized over this than scared. Yes, they can be used for the wrong reasons, just as a pencil can be used for the wrong reasons. Honestly, I can't really see this benefiting humanity, but that doesn't mean that it will be used against us.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr10k
I was more mesmerized over this than scared. Yes, they can be used for the wrong reasons, just as a pencil can be used for the wrong reasons. Honestly, I can't really see this benefiting humanity, but that doesn't mean that it will be used against us.

In my experience, anything that SHOULD be used to benefit humanity is ALWAYS used against humanity.

Sad but true.

Peace

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Remember 1963 Alfred Hitchcock - The Birds? They'll have a good reason to do a remake

edit on 5/17/2013 by InFriNiTee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
Technology gone too far? Absolutely.

Says the person anonymously communicating over thousands of miles with complete strangers through the remarkable technology of the all-powerful internet.

Says the person who has presumably travelled in metal birds to get to destinations they would probably never have seen otherwise.

Says the person who is able to have access to millions of amazing things from a pocket-sized phone capable of allowing communication with another on the other side of the planet, to a jacket that cleans itself in rain...

This is a typical Luddite opinion, selectively hating something you are suspicious of while ignoring all the other technology you appreciate and use every day.

There is nothing wrong with this remarkable little gadget, other than the usual problems associated with manufacturing it, such as waste, pollution and recycling.

Oh, BTW, you know your government and various state authorities already have drones, right?
edit on 17-5-2013 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Originally posted by mr10k

In my experience, anything that SHOULD be used to benefit humanity is ALWAYS used against humanity.

Sad but true.

Peace

Penicillin,
Literature,
Curtains,
Shelving,
Carpet,
Windows,
Art,
Music,
Water purification,
Human waste management,
Denim,
Haircuts,
Boots,

I could go on forever.

There are potentially billions of things that have been invented to make life better for us and are not "used against Humanity", you're just an extreme pessimist throwing out clichés to support your pessimism.

Damn those curtains! I wish they'd never been invented for all the horror we've had to endure!

edit on 17-5-2013 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

A farmer in a remote area suffers a traumatic amputation of a limb while using a piece of farm equipment. He is airlifted to a trauma hospital, where a surgeon is able to save his life despite the severity of his injury, the massive blood loss he experienced, and the risk of infection. He receives an artificial limb, training that allows him to adapt to it, and counselling to help with the mental trauma. After some time to recover and acclimate he is back on the farm.

If technology is inherently evil simply because it can potentially be used for evil, or because it is the result of evil, then he should have died in that field because every aspect of his treatment was influenced by advancements made while treating casualties of war.

We used to get along quite fine without all this surveillance technology being developed

We use to get along just fine without medevac helicopters, trauma hospitals, blood transfusions, antibiotics, prosthetics, and trauma counseling. We get along much better, and live longer, now that we have those things.
edit on 5/17/2013 by Slugworth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I understand the fear. But I find it kind of beautiful , its the true flight of birds that divinci dreamed of.

Look at that thing and look at his design.

Hes smiling somewhere I'm sure.
Since its not spying on us yet or dropping missiles I will just appreciate its beauty and complexity for now.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Remember always - it is NEVER tools that are evil. IT is only those men with base instincts that are evil.

Technology and Science will always progress as we learn from our mistakes, correct them to progress.

Only science and tech must NOT over-run our capacity to fully comprehend its uses and misuses, or base men, whom had always been with us since creation, willl only misuse it for their own ends to dominate mankind and turn us all into slaves.

Democracy is the only current way to ensure that does not happen, as within a democracy, everyone and anyone have the right to share, to discuss, to debate and find solutions to overcome ANY problem or issue.

It is only totalitarian and corrupted states that one must be careful, for their leaders are made up of base men. When advance tech falls into their hands, it will only be misused, and thus a need for international rule of law to observed by all nations sharing our world, regardless if totatilitarian or democracy, so that a system for dialogue or war is avaliable as a mechanism for peace in the event if tech and science is being abused and misused.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
OK so when will we be able to strap one of these on our own backs?
I see the beauty of personal flight here in this little device...........

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by InFriNiTee
Remember 1963 Alfred Hitchcock - The Birds? They'll have a good reason to do a remake

edit on 5/17/2013 by InFriNiTee because: (no reason given)

Sadly enough, a remake is already in the works. We should heave learned a lesson from the ill advised and untimely sequel, The Birds 2: Land's End.

top topics

join