It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get READY...Insurers predict 100% to 400% Obamacare rate explosion !!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on May, 14 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Get ready to get ready as they say.

We told Ya so !!

The insurance companies will get super richer off this deal.

Insurers predict 100% to 400% Obamacare rate explosion

Internal cost estimates from 17 of the nation's largest insurance companies indicate that health insurance premiums will grow an average of 100 percent under Obamacare, and that some will soar more than 400 percent, crushing the administration's goal of affordability.

New regulations, policies, taxes, fees and mandates are the reason for the unexpected "rate shock," according to the House Energy and Commerce Committee, which released a report Monday based on internal documents provided by the insurance companies. The 17 companies include Aetna, Blue Cross Blue Shield and Kaiser Foundation.

Don't cry when you get the fat inflated "Premium" bill, or when YOUR employer says "sorry, your raise will be ZERO this time"

Oh...and have fun applying for one of those "Exchange" rates !!

You may not "Qualify" if you have a job.

Johnny needs a new pair of shoes

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Well people tried to spread the word that the Obamacare system was a mess and would be much more expensive.

Now they will understand what was being said and realise "they f**ked up".

+17 more 
posted on May, 14 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Anyone who didn't see this coming had to have their head in the sand. The same thing happened when they started making auto insurance mandatory. The government assured us that it would create more competition in the market and the prices would lower but it had the complete opposite effect. Same thing with deregulating the telephone and electric companies- at first the companies competed by providing lower rates but very quickly they all started raising the rates to unprecedented amounts, and they did it simultaneously which showed they were in cahoots with it. Why should health insurance be any different especially when the law now requires you to purchase it? Nobody wins but the insurance companies!

+17 more 
posted on May, 14 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Don't think they had any intention of making healthcare affordable.

They had every intention of screwing it up more so they can offer a 'solution' once again.

Which is what government does create a problem,complicate the hell out of it, blame someone else for it, and do it all over again.

The current administration owns Obama care, hence the name O-B-A-M-A care.
edit on 14-5-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Well considering we had to 'pass the bill to see what's in it', Obamacare was virtually guaranteed to be a destructive, divisive and costly piece of crap. We got what we deserved when our elected leaders decided to pass a bill without reading it and certainly not understanding how it was going to work.

+31 more 
posted on May, 14 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   

3 . . 2. . . 1 . .

Blame Bush, Congress, The Tea Party, Sequestration, The Muslim Video, Fringe websites, Returning vets, Gun-owners, etc for this.

Because there is NO WAY IN HADES, that Obama will take the heat for it!

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

3 . . 2. . . 1 . .

Blame Bush, Congress, The Tea Party, Sequestration, The Muslim Video, Fringe websites, Returning vets, Gun-owners, etc for this.

Because there is NO WAY IN HADES, that Obama will take the heat for it!

He won't all of the above with the vilification of those evil corporations once again.

Too right won't be the admin's fault always someone else's.

+1 more 
posted on May, 14 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   

By DESIGN, folks! We said he was going to intentionally drive private insurance out of business so his was the only game in town!

Suckers!

By the way...THANKS!

Here’s how it will play out – 300% increase in premiums, 65% drop in insured (let’s face it…who can afford it at a 300% increase), insurances companies go under, everyone has to go to a new single-payer government system or pay uninsured fines that will continue to increase year after year.

That's what you voted for! You've gotta read the fine print, people!

edit on 14-5-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on May, 14 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   

It's like a thread full of conservatives! Imagine that!

I can't understand why there are no Obama voters ready to jump into this fire and put it out. It was SO RIGHT in 2012 leading up to the election. What happened??

edit on 14-5-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I can't understand why there are no Obama voters ready to jump into this fire and put it out. It was SO RIGHT in 2012 leading up to the election. What happened??

What happened is there was an election so all this stuff was pushed back so they could have '4 more years'.

By all rights Obama should not even be Potus right now.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

LIES, BS and more LIES - We knew the truth would come out at our expense.

Did you catch the slight of hand?? He's like a bad magician!

+1 more 
posted on May, 14 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Making insurance mandatory CAN DO NOTHING BUT increase rates.
I don't mean to be rude, but if anyone is taken by surprise by this, they are an imbecile.

When car insurance became mandatory, rates increased by 67% across the board. This will be no different, except it will increase even MORE. Why? Because people who are "uninsurable" are likely to have bills that cost more than the price of a new car. In some cases, every year of their lives. Who absorbs the cost? Everyone else. It is how insurance works.

People irritate me.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
No worries folks the IRS was put in charge of managing Obama care. We can trust them. Right?

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I actually see this becoming an ENORMOUS issue when the changes take place.

People are going to crap bricks over this.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR

People will be throwing bricks over this.

(fixed it for ya)

+2 more 
posted on May, 14 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR

I hope they don't crap bricks!

I'm sure the Government Medical Boards that decide who deserves treatment won't approve coverage for that rear end damage resulting from ignorantly consuming lies. I wouldn't cover it!

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Cloward and Piven people!

The Cloward–Piven strategy is a political strategy outlined in 1966 by American sociologists and political activists Richard Cloward (1926–2001) and Frances Fox Piven (b. 1932) that called for overloading the U.S. public welfare system in order to precipitate a crisis that would lead to a replacement of the welfare system with a national system of "a guaranteed annual income and thus an end to poverty". Cloward and Piven were a married couple who were both professors at the Columbia University School of Social Work. The strategy was formulated in a May 1966 article in liberal[1] magazine The Nation titled "The Weight of the Poor: A Strategy to End Poverty"

en.wikipedia.org...

Insurance will be come so expensive the only alternative the majority has will be government 'run' healthcare.

All by design.

edit on 14-5-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   

This isn't new news.

Talk radio hosts have been saying this for more than three years.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
The part that gets me scratching my head is all the cheerleaders saying this is going to save the day.

People need health insurance right? Let's let the government solve the problem. What could go wrong? And if you disagree, you hate the poor and want the uninsured to die. How insane is that? How can grown adults who are allowed to vote and breed accept this as gospel?

If this does not open ones eyes to the fact moneyed interests are writing these awesome "laws" for their benefit at the further expense of the American citizen, than nothing will.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join