It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get READY...Insurers predict 100% to 400% Obamacare rate explosion !!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Obama hit the nail on the head in this old speech about healthcare

listen at the 50 second mark.....and watch his arrogance !!!

"Obama: Premiums Will Decrease 3000% So You Should Get A Raise When H'care Is Passed "

Even Aunt Kathy is admitting it recently.....
"Secretary Sebelius refers to double digit increase in insurance rates a "pretty good news" (March 21, 2013)"

Who's sorry now?

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Wait a second...
These folks at the Whitehouse aren't dumb.

If I weren't mistaken, I would think that was a BOLD FACED LIE from Obama.
I mean surely SOMEONE on his staff knew better than that.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
reply to post by neo96

I am gonna stick around in this thread and make meaningless posts, if I must (to keep it bumped), in hopes of seeing some Obamatrons come in and support this.

Think it'll happen?

So you've also noticed that NOT ONE PERSON has come to defend?

Maybe they're intimidated?? NAH...there just isn't a reasonable defense!

I have to laugh so I don't do other things....

**Edit to add** DontTreadOnMe, I just saw your post after this post. 10-4!

edit on 14-5-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Hmmm 'Fox garden the hence house approach' wonder if he knows that fits what government does to a tee.

Government is the fox, the hen house is us, and far too many people are just fine letting that fox in without a second thought.

Everyone should have problems with government mandating people buy corporate products which is what healthcare is.

Deregulation would make healthcare cheaper, right along with tort reform people would be shocked at how much malpractice insurance, and asinine legislation adds to the cost of healthcare.

Back to deregulation when there are only a handful of companies providing a service the cost raises because there are too few companies providing that service.

The more people competing to bring goods or services for sale the cheaper, and better quality the people will have to choose from.

In fact everything government does stiffles that competition to where there is only 1 business around:

Government.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Wait a second...

Maybe he was unaware until the media first broke the story?

The law was probably written by a low-level staffer ya know.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Neo...

This was NEVER about lowering costs.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Three pages of Obama bashing uninterrupted.

Don't worry, I'm sure the wheels are spinning at the Capitol.
Someone, hereto unknown to ATS, will pop in in a second and give us the "official response."
Just wait and see.

And then the Obamites will pick up on it as quick as it were a two dollar bill on the sidewalk and echo it for a month.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Wait a second...

You aint kidd'n ..... here's more

"Obama Promises To Lower Health Insurance Premiums by $2,500 Per Year"

President Obama repeatedly promised that his signature health law, the Affordable Care Act, a.k.a. Obamacare, would reduce insurance premiums by $2,500 for the typical family. Instead, premiums have increased by a comparable amount. Video compilation by Naked Emperor News of TheBlaze.com. For more on how Obama came up with this faulty projection, read this account in the New York Times: www.nytimes.com...
(the NYT article has apparently been chopped off !! ..... no surprise
)

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Almost 3 full pages worth of discussion only involving members who already knew that elections have consequences... It would sure be swell if the same percentage of America's voters also recognized that fact years ago. At the very least we could dispense with the feigned surprise at the fact that the ACA was a horrible idea for every American not already independently wealthy or not employed by the insurance industry. This was absolutely a bailout for the health insurance companies and may represent the most regressive policy of "trickle up" wealth redistribution ever enacted within this country's borders.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

Excellent post. But I don't see it as a bailout for health insurance companies.
I see it as a death blow.
Trickle up is right. From health insurance to Gov coffers.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   

This was absolutely a bailout for the health insurance companies and may represent the most regressive policy of "trickle up" wealth redistribution ever enacted within this country's borders.

I think this was the kiss of death for the insurance companies. Who in the hell will be able to afford premiums after these policies take full effect?

It IS “trickle up wealth redistribution” but you’ve fingered the wrong perp!

The NEW single-payer government plan will be the BIG DOG taking all of our money. They’re the only ones who can do it because they have the power to garnish our wages in the form of taxes.

*Edit to add* Well said, JayinAR. You beat me to it!

edit on 14-5-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   
If anything its a win for Government, and the IRS because the tax penalities is cheaper than providing healthcare.

Government gets more money to blow.

ETA:

Obama care was never about the 'people' because if it was it would have never been a tax penalty, and thousands of IRS agent's would not have 'new jobs'.

edit on 14-5-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
The insurance companies might very well be in on the scam.

The high premiums may end up being partially paid by govt assistance.

I bet there's new "programs" already on the drawing boards.

The govt is already using private contracting techniques for Medicare, etc.

Watch out for any future Congresses with full (both Senate and House) Democrat controlled committees.

The 2014 elections are very crucial.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
If anything its a win for Government, and the IRS because the tax penalities is cheaper than providing healthcare.

Government gets more money to blow.

Right!

The government collects the money and the private market (doctors and hospitals) get screwed and have to do the work (because they have to provide treatment regardless of payment or face government penalty and lawsuits).

These shartbags had it ALL PLANNED OUT!

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Excellent point, man.
This is something I have been pondering lately. The IRS is taking a front role in enforcing these policies.
We see it with news like the IRS targeting conservative groups during election cycle and me for personal reasons.

Tying the IRS to this thing was just "brilliant".

Get ready, America, the tax man's hand is about to get very heavy.
Hell, it already is.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Nah

IRS adding agents has been in the news as long as the debate it's self.

Just stating facts there.

www.politifact.com...

The only real question is how many IRS agents will be added.

People healthcare costs will increase so will their taxes to cover those who can't pay for the healthcare which is pretty much how it already works.
edit on 14-5-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

How do you fund wreckless spending and unpopular conquest?

Straight from the pockets of the idiots who would dare disagree with you in the first place via taxation.

The trick is you wrap it in a neat little bow and sell it as beneficial social programs.
Don't worry, there will be more programs coming. Promise.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   

I starred your post, not necessarily in agreement regarding the topic, but because this thread has been a five way circlejerk (is that a bad word?) for three pages.

More on topic though:
Obamacare Is Already Forcing Private Insurers To Lower Their Premiums

So, if you live in the echo chamber you can be certain that rates will increase. Or decrease. If you don't live in the echo chamber, then you can be uncertain until either one or the other happens.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

How do you fund wreckless spending and unpopular conquest?

The way they do it now tax credits, and to make up the short fall by going around saying 'someone is not paying their fair share'.

Even with the added tax burden is not enough to make up for the deficit spending so they will continue to spend more, and borrow more, and say 'they need more laws'.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by links234

Dude, you literally have a three way contradiction in your post, with a pro Obama plug. Is that by design?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join