It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greetings and Salutations from California

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I just wanted to post a quick introduction while I have time. I have browsed ATS for number of years but have finally concluded that it was time to become an actual member. My interests are pretty varied but I try to avoid the political leaning ones only because I tend to dislike and distrust all politicians equally.

I tend to be most interested in topics related to the military (I served as an 11M from 1989-2000), ancient civilizations (I have a bachelors degree in anthropology), education (yes, I taught high school science for 2 years), cryptozoology and the paranormal.

I am looking forward to some interesting discourse in the future.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Welcome, we are lucky to have someone with such varied experience and knowledge here. Look forward to seeing your input =)
edit on 5/11/2013 by crystalLibra because: fixed autocorrect mistake

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by crystalLibra

Thank you for the welcome, Crystalibra. May I ask what part of Oregon you are from? I grew up in Portland and went to the UofO. My parents still live in central Oregon.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by loki66

Welcome to ATS! I too am very interested to see how your background will help you to weigh in on posting. Glad that you have decided to join!

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by loki66

Welcome Loki

Glad you joined, always nice when this place expands. Hope to read about your military experiences one of these days, i'm sure you have some stories to tell!

Roos

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Martin75

Matin75,I love your cat picture. I am a long time animal lover (in fact, spent some time in Idaho studying wildlife biology) with a house of 5 cats and 2 dogs. They are just as loving (and mischievous) as children.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
hello mate

welcome to ATS....

now through me and you...california and london are that much closer

peace and god bless the internet
edit on 11-5-2013 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Here's a hand up from an ATSer in the Bay Area. Welcome, and we're glad to have you, here. Your knowledge of anthropology will apply to many, many ATS threads and forums.

If you haven't checked it out yet, visit Signal's Post a Funny Pic thread. It's one of ATS's finest, IMHO, and a good way to lighten up after browsing all the serious and sometimes disturbing threads.

Welcome!

-Grace

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Welcome to the site. Hope you don't choose a cat avatar.....There are too many cats on here already.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Hello and welcome!

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by loki66

Hi there Loki and Welcome to ATS !

Enjoy !!!

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Welcome Loki and enjoy your stay! Looking forward to your thoughts in the threads.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Hey there! Welcome to ATS

We should get along just fine with your interests.

If you are interested in Ancient Civs you might like these members threads:
Slayer69
Skyfloating
Kantzveldt

They have some really good threads in this forum. I wish I could make such indept threads on such topics like these three! Slayer has some really awesome ones, but be prepared to read and spend some time on them. I don't know how he does it!

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   
You can spend months in the ancient civ.forum.We probably have the best one on the web.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by loki66

I look forward to your first thread. See you around the forums!

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   
welcome aboard hope you enjoy
and do not feed the trolls

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
what is an 11m?
welcome, i was born in portland, went to reed and degreed from u of o..stats methos and sociology.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by darkstar57

Darkstar57, it's always good to run into someone else from Portland (and a fellow Duck to boot). An 11M is army MOS of mechanized infantry. It has now been done away with and all infantry (except for mortars) are 11B. I actually only did infantry "stuff" for 3 years with the remainder being on staff doing plans and operations at the division and battalion level.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Welcome and California uber alles!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join