It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pregnant Mom Of 4 Sentenced To Prison For Refusing To Serve In Iraq

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by demongoat
from the article she seems to have went AWOL over the death of children in iraq, well she could have gone over and i dunno.. saved them?
that is better than depriving her own kids of a mother and she would have done something meaningful.

if this is really how it is, she is a rather thoughtless person who doesn't give a crap about anyone but herself.

Exactly my thought.
She could have taken her pain and used it to inspire her to help the people who were being victimized, and make a stand.... rather than run away from it.

edit on 13-5-2013 by EllaMarina because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Save them? By what, shooting at her own military who are killing them? I doubt these kids died by friendly fire...

So a woman trying to feed her family decides to join the military then realizes that her "team" is causing innocent children to die and can't stomach it. The only way to not partake in innocent deaths is to run. What a monster! She better get back over there and keep watching those kids die! If she sees her own army shooting among civilians she better shoot her own people and save those kids!!! She should have thought of not wanting to be around innocent deaths when she signed up! She knows how it goes, only a dummy would believe we were over there doing ONLY GOOD things!

On a side note, sipping my coffee at my computer and criticizing peoples lives who have been through things I haven't is FUN!!!

edit on 13-5-2013 by Trueminatti because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arnie123
Wow, are you that dense? Regardless of what job it was, she had a "Contractual" agreement, meaning she had an obligation to serve until said contract end date.
Re-read you own post, review again an again before you post. The answer is right in your face.

It is not a matter of contract. This has little if anything to do with contract. A contract that requires a person to commit illegal acts is unenforceable. Breach of contract does not result in imprisonment.

Her story should be broadcast far and wide on the early, midday, and late news so that the impressionable young people who buy the line to "be all you can be" know what they're getting into before they enlist.
edit on 5/13/2013 by dubiousone because: Corrected attribution.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trueminatti
Save them? By what, shooting at her own military who are killing them? I doubt these kids died by friendly fire...

So a woman trying to feed her family decides to join the military then realizes that her "team" is causing innocent children to die and can't stomach it. The only way to not partake in innocent deaths is to run. What a monster! She better get back over there and keep watching those kids die! If she sees her own army shooting among civilians she better shoot her own people and save those kids!!! She should have thought of not wanting to be around innocent deaths when she signed up! She knows how it goes, only a dummy would believe we were over there doing ONLY GOOD things!

On a side note, sipping my coffee at my computer and criticizing peoples lives who have been through things I haven't is FUN!!!

edit on 13-5-2013 by Trueminatti because: (no reason given)

Your post makes no sense and is contradicting in every corner. You say don't shoot, then say shoot....
And I believe you are being sadistic, sitting at a computer, sipping coffee an laughing at individuals pain is really sadistic.
So you condone the shooting of american soldiers? Obviously you rather fight violence with even more violence? What kind of sane human are you? Thats called fratricide. AND IT IS NOT TOLERATED IN ANY BRANCH OF THE ARMED FORCES.
Continue sipping on your coffee, I hope it goes sour.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by dubiousone

Originally posted by gosseyn
Wow, are you that dense? Regardless of what job it was, she had a "Contractual" agreement, meaning she had an obligation to serve until said contract end date.
Re-read you own post, review again an again before you post. The answer is right in your face.

It is not a matter of contract. This has little if anything to do with contract. A contract that requires a person to commit illegal acts is unenforceable. Breach of contract does not result in imprisonment.

Her story should be broadcast far and wide on the early, midday, and late news so that the impressionable young people who buy the line to "be all you can be" know what they're getting into before they enlist.

it is a matter of contract, she breached it plain and simple, AND ITS THE BIGGEST ISSUE HERE.
Depending on the contract enforce by the US military, is grounds for death under certain circumstances.
Do some research before you jump blindly into the fire, ignorance is no excuse.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
People on this board don't seem to understand the concept of contracts, they aren't given to you by someone else so you can make your own rules, they're drawn up and signed by you, so you are following someone else's rules...

Have you agreed to sign a contract? Maybe a phone company? Is there not a penalty for not sticking with your contract? Sure the conditions of your contract are pretty shoddy but your really really want that new smart phone!

Then you expect someone who signs a contract, drawn up by the government (who makes and breaks laws) not to be accountable for their actions?, no matter how immoral they are? Did you think you were joining the military to be a chef? Did you think you were never going to be asked to risk your life? or do anything questionable? Well guess what..... It's all there in black and white in the contract, that YOU signed by your own will... SIMPLE.... SUCK IT UP.... OR DON'T JOIN!

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Women are too precious and needed to sustain our civilization. They should NEVER have been allowed into the military in the first place. Fighting and bleeding to protect the country is the job of the men. But since we have caved to the pressure of semi females to do military service and have made this the policy then they have to leave their womanhood at the entrance to basic training and perform exactly like the men. It should be a court martial offense to get pregnant during military service.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz

the ONLY thing our soldiers are protecting overseas are the monetary interests of a few. they're guarding poppy fields and killing women and children.

her non-compliance is very justified. following illegal/immoral orders is paramount to being an accessory.

would you say the same if she was ordered to fire on U.S. citizens? i doubt it.

What IS obvious by this post is the fact you have never served.

You do not abandon your fellow soldiers. You have taken an oath, you are part of a unit. The military is volunteer only. In addition she is not required to serve in combat as many MEN are as a part of their service.

If she exercises her ability to desert and flee to Canada, she cannot complain about action taken against her, nor, in my opinion, should anyone else. She has alternatives which do not involve desertion. Anyone who joins a military organization and then deserts is not someone trustworthy.

Did she have children when she first signed up? Everyone who signs up is told they will have to serve overseas...this was a given even before Iraq.

The fact that this is still being discussed is ludicrous.
edit on 13-5-2013 by bbracken677 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Wo Parents should educate their daughters not join to the military. Daughters shouldn't be upset if they get pregnant and chose to join the military

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

edit on 13-5-2013 by LastStarfighter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Looks like a clear case of stupid bitch.. I feel sorry for the children though.. It sucks that they have a mother who makes bad decisions.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by erwalker

Originally posted by FoosM
I thought you said it was a volunteer army?
So she voluntarily left. What's the problem?
How can it be AWOL?

And did AWOL not exist during the conscription days?

Nobody forced her to join the US Army. She voluntarily signed a contract to serve for a specific length of time. In return she received a paycheque, training as a vehicle driver, healthcare for her and her dependents, etc.

By running away to Canada, she was in breach of her contract. Anytime you break a contract, military or civilian, there are penalties.

She wasn't some little girl fresh out of high school. She was a 25 year-old married mother of two when she joined.
edit on 13/5/13 by erwalker because: (no reason given)

So what?
You dont have the right to quit a job you dont agree with ?

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by votan
Looks like a clear case of stupid bitch.. I feel sorry for the children though.. It sucks that they have a mother who makes bad decisions.

Stupid for risking her life for people who think like you?
Yes, I would agree.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by jheated5
reply to post by ThreeBears

I can't debate facts with someone with such a distorted view of reality.... You're a feminazi, your posts screams it! There was no indication of rape anywhere in this story, or has nothing to do with atrocities of war, deflection of the facts are all you people have....

What about all your BROTHERS that died for you? Oh wait they're all DEMONS!!!! How sick and twisted are you? This is why I advise you to seek professional help, I feel you have some DEMONS of your own in your past you need to take care of with some help....

You want the facts as they pertain to the story, not any other atrocities committed, which this topic was never about..... She signed a contract and breached it.... Plain and simple, there is no conspiracy here... If you sign that contract without foreknowledge of what you're doing, then you are ignorant at the very least!

The DIFFERENCE is and Let this SEAR into your Head,

These Brothers who DIED in WAR were NOT KILLED

BY THEIR SISTERS IN THE SAME ARMED FORCES.

Now WHAT PART of THAT

Do YOU NOT UNDERSTAND?

THEY were KILLED by ENEMY FIRE

OUR WOMEN WHO ARE LOYAL ARE BEING RAPED BY OUR VERY OWN

Now GO AHEAD

JUSTIFY IT!

Because THAT BROTHER

Is what AMERICA IS.

PROVE ME WRONG....

On TOP of That F.A.C.T.

These Women SOLDIERS who lay down their LIVES for THIS country BETRAYED by THIS COUNTRY

Are AGAIN Betrayed by BOTH right, left, center, men and women...and these women are left to waste away

And here we have Many screaming about ONE woman, who doesn't return,

ONE woman, when an ENTIRE NATION has BETRAYED THOUSANDS OF LOYAL WOMEN

Who yes, CAN DIE for YOUR And MY ASS

Now WHO'S the REAL TRAITOR slash DESERTER???
edit on 13-5-2013 by ThreeBears because: Correct spelling

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ooYODAoo
all the united states military is doing is OCCUPYING another country ILLEGALLY based on some made up fears of simple tribal men living in caves..just because "uncle sam" said a rag headed man living in a cave was responsible for 9/11

take off the blinders...USA was responsbile for 9/11 and every other major "instigator" attack to ever happen on this god forsaken country...including pearl harbor...

i bet all those empty headed goons were foaming at the mouth and thumping their chests to get some "action" so these fools with the IQ of a sea sponge go ahead and invade another country and patrol their streets and bomb their homes...

all in the name of protecting us?....from what?...look at sandy hook look at aurora..look at boston...

LOL who are you protecting us from? lmao! carry on soldier...the world is better off without you anyway

Everyone needs to take off their blinders, including you (and, me) - everything you said above is, of course, true, but what does that matter? The reason why we live so well, is because so many live so poorly.

We bitch and whine about how we (the U.S.) are the real terrorists - yup - but we when you break it down, we really ARE protecting our way of life. Instigating conflict in order to get what we want... the control of resources, people and information.

Accept it. The saddest truth of all. We complain about it, but none of us is willing to give up the fruits that have been given on the backs an blood of others. If you even have the ability to read my words you are probably living better than 95% of the world on average.

If we weren't the 800 pound bully on the playground, someone else would be - we have the baddest ass military in the world, and we will continue to play the bully card until we no longer can.

We call ourselves a civilization, but we are far from civil. Consider yourself lucky that you even have the time of day to dicsuss topics like this with other 'civil' people, and have the resources and time to do so. You are in the minority.

NOW... having said all that. Whether you agree with them or not, we do still try to live by rules / laws. She broke them. It is unfortunate that her childeren will have to suffer, but they will do so because of their mother's decisions & mistakes - no one else'.
edit on 5/13/2013 by SquirrelNutz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   

There is a problem with your rant.

The woman in this case has never once claimed that she was in any danger of being raped or otherwise mistreated by her fellow soldiers. Before you try to claim that she didn't for fear for her life, she spent the last 7 years in Canada where she gave birth to two of her four children. Not the action of a woman worried about any possible retaliation.

So all this rather disjointed tirade is completely irrelevant to her case.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by tmeister182

You do know that there are More Women than Men on the planet don't you?

Besides men are just as precious. After all, women are Not able to reproduce through Asexual Reproduction so Men are REQUIRED.

Also, the girl should have her n*ts cut because if she is that Irresponsible she has No Business bringing any more kids into the world.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by erwalker

There is a problem with your rant.

The woman in this case has never once claimed that she was in any danger of being raped or otherwise mistreated by her fellow soldiers. Before you try to claim that she didn't for fear for her life, she spent the last 7 years in Canada where she gave birth to two of her four children. Not the action of a woman worried about any possible retaliation.

So all this rather disjointed tirade is completely irrelevant to her case.

OK one, it's not a Rant, it's Indignation at the HYPOCRISY that is Rampant IN our Society,

Never said She, this woman was raped or refused to go because of rape or anything of the sort...what I Said was

That it's HYPOCRISY for Do goodie two shoe SNOB Americanos to sit there and call ONE woman a Deserter and using Morale judgements that she's betrayed some Moral sense of Loyalty to this Grand ole Moral nation of ours,

When in FACT, our OWN MILITARY COMPLEX and it's NOT just hear say, it's ALL over the news, political journals, Pentagon, etc etc etc...IS ALL the TIME

BETRAYING OUR VERY OWN AND

Not just BETRAYING THEM, but Doing so with IMPUNITY and EVEN being REWARDED FOR IT

And most Americans, PRIVILEGED IMPERIALISTS, oh yes, are ALL fine and dandy about that BECAUSE when push comes to shove and you peel away the BS layers of PHARASEEISM,

This woman is doing nothing different than our ENTIRE culture AND MILITARY does, every day, breaking OATHS.

And the MILITARY COMPLEX THAT HYPOCRITES SUPPORT LIKE THE GOOD NAZIS THEY ARE!

Being VIPERS. (clarify, it's ONE thing to fight and support a JUST War, Quite another to support Imperialism, Enslavement of others for Minerals, aiding DESPOTS and Thugs and then having the Odacity to support your own RAPING YOUR OWN and then being all pissy because siding calls them in their EVIL, this isn't the Same society it was back in 40s, Not Even, just to Clarify)

AND THAT was my point,

THIS NATION NO LONGER AS ANY MORAL RIGHT WHATSOEVER CLAIMING ANY "MORAL REASON" for ANYTHING

They have Forfeited that right, NOT just in how they treat others, but THEIR VERY OWN CHILDREN.

One said on another post that the strongest survive blah blah blah, ok Hail Satan

Have your Strength, but you DO NOT HAVE the MORAL SUPREMACY Whatsoever,

To label ANY ONE

A deserter, traitor, or anything else for that matter.

Esoecially, not only Betraying your OWN MOTHERS DAUGHTERS SISTERS

Of THIS NATION

But making Bedroom deals with DESPOTS for $$$$$ around the world.

That isn't MORAL. That's

BABYLON, with the WHORE JEZEBEL.

So, was this woman wrong for breaking contract she Voluntarily signed, yes, for that, yes

But was she Morally wrong, who's MORAL IN MILITARY TO JUDGE? IN THIS NATION?

NO ONE

That was the point. Only thing we, WE as nation can lay Claim to, is our PLACE among Hitler, Stalin and other Despot Empires, Nero, etc.,

Want to slam this woman for breaking some satanic contract with the Satan lord of Satans army, go right ahead,

But NOT in some LYING angelic Godly Morale way...this nation and it's Hypcrite Vipers # all over that long, long, long time ago. Now they GOT their God and Materialism and Marduk temple

They can bask in it now. As most already are as well as SACRIFICING their Children for their LUSTS. Not MORALS, LUSTS

Big difference there.

(to clarify, not Every American worships the beast nor is a traitor, but they'll be soon murdered for NOT bowing, either we see that, or we dont)
edit on 13-5-2013 by ThreeBears because: Correct spelling and clarifying points made

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Mixed emmotions but you can say she was pre warned of the implications of joining the military, Per AR601-280 Army Recruiting Manul (not much different than the other branches) it states that if you have children you have to show a Family plan while deployed (Hence the Husband) prior to her signing up.

When she became pregnet she would of been counsoled by the Military Doctors like everyone else that gets pregnet.

Becomeing a conciensous(sp) objector would invole seeing the chapline, to make an evaluation on her and the family advocace would as well.

Matters of this are considerd grounds for Discharge under "Other than Honarble" all this takes some time to complet but while this is going on she should of been put on a No-Deployment Status, first for the pregnace and for the Conciencsous Objector.

Don't crusfice the chaplin, he is what I would called drafted, he don't know the Military Regulations, he went through a two-three week course on how to Salute and put on a uniforom. The people that need to be looked at are the womens emidiate chain of command, her company commander and company first Sergeant. The process for all the above starts with them.

There may be more to the story, but agree, don't go AWOL, but she did have a chance to turn herself in and be discharge. (As a recrutier I had 2 Awol soilders turn themselfs in and we got them to the nearest base and three weeks later they were discharged)

Need more information than what is stated.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join