It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The most redneck cities in America revealed

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

I'm amazed that someone made a top 10 redneck list and my town isn't on it!
Rednecks don't live in big cities though, and just as many listen to heavy metal as listen to country music. Whoever wrote the article isn't very redneck savvy!

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
HELL YEAH I've lived in 4 of the top ten...including the one I was born in.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by cody599

Originally posted by Berzerked
reply to post by cody599

I even know how to talk like Hugh Grant, though I couldn't keep it up (the accent) after a few beers.

Cody

I have heard Cody after a few beers... his Hugh Grant accent turns into an 8 Ace accent... now THAT is a redneck for you

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Wow, never thought I'd feel left out of a Redneck list...
but as a born and raised Floridian, not one mention of Florida. Instead Ohio and California cities-which I have been to both and am not sure what they are talking about-are on the list. After all the scoffing I went through when they figured out I was from my former location while going to a Western US college perhaps I am not... I mean... ain't a or am not a Redneck? Soda or pop? Finger or fanger?

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by natalia

With Mrs C being South African we eat a lot of biltong

Biltong is a kind of cured meat that originated in South Africa. Many different types of meat are used to produce it, ranging from beef through game meats to fillets of ostrich from commercial farms. It is typically made from raw fillets of meat cut into strips following the grain of the muscle, or flat pieces sliced across the grain. It is similar to beef jerky in that they are both spiced, dried meats, but differ in their typical ingredients, taste and production processes; in particular the main difference from jerky is that biltong is usually thicker (from cuts up to 1" (25 mm) thick), while jerky is rarely more than 1/8" (3 mm) thick and biltong does not have a sweet taste.

For me Kudu and Impala are the best, except for a sweet chilli beef version we've discovered that is sold near my mum's place droooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

And a dried sausage called cabanossi

Cabanossi (pron.: /ˌkæbəˈnɒsi/) is a type of dry sausage, similar to a mild salami. It is made from pork and beef, lightly seasoned and then smoked. It traditionally comes in the form of a long, thin sausage, about 30 centimetres (12 in) long, and 2 centimetres (0.79 in) in diameter. Variations include chicken & duck cabanossi

Damn I gotta go shopping now

Cody

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Coming for a ride Rod ?

edit on 11/5/13 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

Ok then this thread has been a real education for me, thank you for all your contributions.

Is this more or less correct as to how a redneck see's America

Cody

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by littled16
reply to post by cody599

I'm amazed that someone made a top 10 redneck list and my town isn't on it!
Rednecks don't live in big cities though, and just as many listen to heavy metal as listen to country music. Whoever wrote the article isn't very redneck savvy!

I'm starting to think I know more than the original author Littled.

It's great to have friends like you online.

ATS come for the conspiracy stay for the friendship.

Cody

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by cody599

Coming for a ride Rod ?

edit on 11/5/13 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

YEEEEEEEEEHAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW...

*Flings a couple of six packs and a tube of Alka Seltzers into his backpack and runs for the door*

Morris Minor Fan club here i come...

Kindest respects

Rod

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join