It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

The most redneck cities in America revealed

page: 3
7
<< 1  2    4 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by CagliostroTheGreat
 



You mentioned free-standing produce stands, sure, they have those around the country but riddle me this: How many of them sell Gator Jerky? Not many I'd wager


Yep, I have to get Big Al's Gator Jerky at the feed store, actually...
(the funnier part, I'm not even joking. Seriously, that's the brand of Gator Jerky. In fact, he makes it in many different "flavors" of game, even wild boar).




posted on May, 10 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
reply to post by CagliostroTheGreat
 



You mentioned free-standing produce stands, sure, they have those around the country but riddle me this: How many of them sell Gator Jerky? Not many I'd wager


Yep, I have to get Big Al's Gator Jerky at the feed store, actually...
(the funnier part, I'm not even joking. Seriously, that's the brand of Gator Jerky. In fact, he makes it in many different "flavors" of game, even wild boar).


A FELLOW!

Man, gator is literally one of the best meats out there, a little tough but tasty to the nines! People might think it sounds odd but seriously, don't knock it till you've tried it. thought I'm not so certain about the Lion Taco that is being made here in Florida, now that is wierd.



posted on May, 10 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok
 


Mmm...I'm drooling now thinking about jerky. Never had that brand..gator jerky. I love homemade deer jerky from my dads friend!!
Beef jerky is so yumyum!!!
-nat



posted on May, 10 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

What's a red neck, is it a place that gets lots of sun?


You aren't far off....

But this explains it better...

en.wikipedia.org...


Redneck is a derogatory slang term used in reference to poor, uneducated white farmers, especially from the southern United States.[1][2] It is similar in meaning to cracker (especially regarding Georgia and Florida), hillbilly (especially regarding Appalachia and the Ozarks),[3] and white trash (but without the last term's suggestions of immorality)


However, there are decidedly different "flavors" of redneck.....including some that are quite affluent, educated, and/or entrepreneurs. For example, we consider ourselves "rednecks" in that we live on a ranch, both drive Ford trucks, can listen to country music, and have more animals than a classroom has kids. Yet, we (my wife and I) both have MBA degrees, we run our own business, and though not rich, we aren't poor either.

So, the REAL definition is mostly "country folk"...



posted on May, 10 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Ok you wonderful lot i asked my daughter what a red neck was and she said it was someone who ate dead things of the road and who married there cousins and drank moonshine
it sounds like Ballymoney



posted on May, 10 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by natalia
reply to post by Gazrok
 


Mmm...I'm drooling now thinking about jerky. Never had that brand..gator jerky. I love homemade deer jerky from my dads friend!!
Beef jerky is so yumyum!!!
-nat


Gator Jerky: just imagine regular jerky but so good that your head spins like a top and gets lost under the refrigerator, never to be found again until the one day you accidentally drop a pice of bread down the crack between the fridge and the counter top and have to move it and then you're like, oh theres my head/top!



posted on May, 10 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ballymoney50
Ok you wonderful lot i asked my daughter what a red neck was and she said it was someone who ate dead things of the road and who married there cousins and drank moonshine
it sounds like Ballymoney


Oh, man...

That has got to be funnier than anything I have heard described in a while...

Way funnier than Gazroks Wikientry...

but on that note, I guess i never realized 'Redneck' was deerogitory...

at Deerogatory
accidental puns for the win eh crowd?
edit on 10-5-2013 by CagliostroTheGreat because: to add



posted on May, 10 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by natalia
 


I have no fear of food. Sometimes, I'll eat strange things just to get a rise out of others. One of my favorites of these is sold at different theme parks...flavored roasted crickets. Taste no different than seasoned sunflower seeds, but can really freak people out.


Big Al makes jerky in deer, boar, gator, buffalo, and others as I recall. True, I find gator jerky to be bit tough, but it does have a good flavor to it.



posted on May, 10 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by CagliostroTheGreat
 



Ok you wonderful lot i asked my daughter what a red neck was and she said it was someone who ate dead things of the road and who married there cousins and drank moonshine


No, that's a "hillbilly" or "mountain folk"



posted on May, 10 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
reply to post by natalia
 



Big Al makes jerky in deer, boar, gator, buffalo, and others as I recall. True, I find gator jerky to be bit tough, but it does have a good flavor to it.


Buffalo, now there's a mans meat.

Sooooo, expensive but sooooo delicious.



posted on May, 10 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

What's a red neck, is it a place that gets lots of sun?


You aren't far off....

But this explains it better...

en.wikipedia.org...


Redneck is a derogatory slang term used in reference to poor, uneducated white farmers, especially from the southern United States.[1][2] It is similar in meaning to cracker (especially regarding Georgia and Florida), hillbilly (especially regarding Appalachia and the Ozarks),[3] and white trash (but without the last term's suggestions of immorality)


However, there are decidedly different "flavors" of redneck.....including some that are quite affluent, educated, and/or entrepreneurs. For example, we consider ourselves "rednecks" in that we live on a ranch, both drive Ford trucks, can listen to country music, and have more animals than a classroom has kids. Yet, we (my wife and I) both have MBA degrees, we run our own business, and though not rich, we aren't poor either.

So, the REAL definition is mostly "country folk"...


Yep defo a mirror of Ballymoney that's why i'm moving soon


Maybe i should stay until natalia comes to see me so she won't feel homesick



posted on May, 10 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by CagliostroTheGreat
 


Better for you too.



posted on May, 10 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by CagliostroTheGreat
 


Y'all aren't alone!


Born and raised in the "redneck riviera".


Matter of fact, I just recently went home to visit old friends and family... nothing's changed out there, lol ! That's what makes it so great. People are nice out there at least. DFW doesn't know what redneck is


I never knew redneck was derogatory either. I've never taken offense to it.



posted on May, 10 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Oh yeah, one more thing...

ROLL TIDE!!!




posted on May, 10 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by DaphneApollo
 


Stone Mountain Park and Ku klux klan meetings in this park long ago, way to convolute a point I made.

You didn't make a point! You only made the asinine assumption that "rednecks" must be racists or bigots.


I don't know about troll but Herp Derp o_O you've mastered it...

That makes no sense at all. Was it an insult?

See ya,
Milt



posted on May, 10 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by cody599
reply to post by fictitious
 


Thought I'd offended you


Thanks for taking it in the humour it was meant

Cody


Oh no I never get offended! Sorry for coming across that way. I enjoy a little nonsense every now and again. Taking things too seriously can drive people off a cliff. (Most) every thread on here provides knowledge, humor, thought provoking claims, or heart-warming stories. There are just too many trolls out there lurking to ruin everything.



posted on May, 10 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599
 


I haven't heard anyone mention Kentucky....come on y'all. Y'all know that every body in Kentucky is a redneck.
My mother's neighbor has a toilet in her front yard that doubles as a flower pot.



posted on May, 10 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I grew up in the backwoods of north west Georgia, right in the foothills (I think squidbillys may be based on my family) my name is Earl, no joke that's my name, I have two juniors in my name one spelled one abbreviated.

I'm an expert on redneck, against my will , it's just in my genes.

I drive a truck been in every major city, in all 48 continental states, and I got to say rednecks come in all forms, race, north, south, city, country, don't matter. You've been infiltrated no matter where you are, turns out we're the NWO. Sacramento surprised me though. Their to dadgum liberal.

England has some necks too I believe, I watched a show with my paw called "keeping up appearances" now that's a hoot. Not a bad show at all.



posted on May, 10 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Redneck, not white trash hillbilly. There's a difference

Originally posted by Berzerked
reply to post by cody599
 


That list is stupid, Ive lived in both Ft Worth and Arlington and there is nothing redneck about either place.
Ive also lived in a city in East Texas, now THAT place was as redneck as a place can be.



posted on May, 10 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by OperationLovestrike
 


Lmao, insults coming from someone from LA
/spit
edit on 10-5-2013 by Berzerked because: (no reason given)



new topics

top topics



 
7
<< 1  2    4 >>

log in

join