It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The most redneck cities in America revealed

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Thanks for the list...

Rednecks are in the smaller towns. Big cities are far too noisy for the true hicks.

west Virginia is a good place to look.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by cody599

The best thing about it was, every girl you meet in these small towns puts out.. I mean every one of them

You got something I can put in my sat-nav

Like I said guys this just for a giggle

Cody

Here ya go

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Berzerked
reply to post by cody599

That list is stupid, Ive lived in both Ft Worth and Arlington and there is nothing redneck about either place.
Ive also lived in a city in East Texas, now THAT place was as redneck as a place can be.

You are right. I've lived in Dallas/FT Worth and there aren't as many rednecks as one might expect.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by DaphneApollo

Outside of Atlanta...maybe....Such as Stone Mountain, they used to have Klan meetings in this beautiful park loooong ago.

With the Black population of Stone Mountain, Ga. being almost 70%, I found that to be the funniest comment in this thread!

See ya,
Milt

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix267
reply to post by cody599

I think I know you're English and to be honest I only know so little about you guys. Take that from someone who loves to learn about different cultures and history. I know many Americans know more about the celebrity of the British royal family and anything relating to pop culture like music, movies, etc. America is a weird country. As George Carlin put it best: "When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." That in my opinion the perfect way to explain America. It's not evil or perfect. The people are all kinds of crazy in away at times. There are good people out here, but you do have a lot of yahoos.

Yes I am English, or to be more precise by birth right Cornish.

I'm not a royalist but appreciate what an important role they play in our culture, as for the music ? Well let's not get into the which of us produced the best music debate obviously us
Just kidding there are some great American artists

To explain Britain ? Probably an old slogan from WW2

And queue and drink tea and talk about the weather

Cody

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   

The best thing about it was, every girl you meet in these small towns puts out.. I mean every one of them

You got something I can put in my sat-nav

Like I said guys this just for a giggle

Cody

Here ya go

Pick a bar

I'll meet you there

Do you think my suave English accent will help ?

Cody

edit on 10/5/13 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

I'm not offended, certainly not by you!!

It's just the rich snot that wrote the list has no idea what makes a person a 'redneck'. Bet she also believes that Larry the Cable Guy really talks with that accent.

I apologize for spouting off in your thread, it's just people like the author of that list is what perpetuates class divide in this country. (it's the WalMart and lawn mower thing that really bothers me)

And because I like you Cody, here's a peek at really ranks as redneckish... youtube.com - Just some good clean fun!

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by CagliostroTheGreat

I have to say it truly surprises me that there isn't even a mention of Florida.

And let me just say, as a Floridian, it probably should have been.

Yep, I call shenanigans! We even have a term for it ourselves....Florida Cracker!

There are 3 hay and feed stores, a Tractor Supply, a WalMart, at least a dozen free-standing produce stands, a Farmers' Market, and Waffle House all within about a 15 minute drive of where I'm at....
Doesn't get much more redneck than that!

Of course, our brand of redneck is a bit different. We do wear cowboy hats and boots, etc., but we're also big into high-tech, have trucks that cost more than a Mercedes, etc.
By the way, you really come to realize that things are a way for a reason. For starters, a cowboy hat provides much better shade than a ball cap. Boots are made for riding a horse, and slipping easily in and out of stirrups (try it with tennis shoes).... Everything on a ranch/farm has a purpose and a reason for being the way it is.
edit on 10-5-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by fictitious

reply to post by cody599

That list is stupid, Ive lived in both Ft Worth and Arlington and there is nothing redneck about either place.
Ive also lived in a city in East Texas, now THAT place was as redneck as a place can be.

I lived a year in Tyler (east texas), and I call that my year of solitary confinement. Those people are (a) devilishly religious and nuts (b) crack meth heads and nuts.

I lived near Mabank, its about halfway between Dallas and Tyler and I went to HS there and yea, that place was full of meth heads..

edit on 10-5-2013 by Berzerked because: (no reason given)

I can totally believe it. Tyler was in a dry county, so instead of kids drinking in the woods, they were doing hard drugs instead. I was college aged when I lived there, but man it was still bad. My only friends I made were from Dallas, and being from Houston, we usually hate Dallas folks haha.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   

reply to post by fictitious

I have no idea of how true this is, I'm sure it's all a bit tongue in cheek but I thought our American cousins might have a laugh at this study.

Like I said it's very tongue in cheek

Just a giggle for you guys to look at
Cody

edit on 10/5/13 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

Yes thanks for posting it. It makes for funny conversation and good memories.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

No apology necessary

If that's being a redneck I'm coming over, damn that looks like fun, not too sure about the square dancing but if the women are that hot I'll start practicing tonight

The wife is looking at me strange, what's up ? I always play Garth Brooks, and Billy Ray Cyrus on my guitar

Cody

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Couldnt hurt... You really dont even need to say anything in that place, just point and gesture, theyll come running

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by fictitious

Thought I'd offended you

Thanks for taking it in the humour it was meant

Cody

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   

reply to post by cody599

Couldnt hurt... You really dont even need to say anything in that place, just point and gesture, theyll come running

I was hoping my suave English ways may just help us share the hotties

Nothing like a bit of British class

I even know how to talk like Hugh Grant, though I couldn't keep it up (the accent) after a few beers.

Cody

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
reply to post by CagliostroTheGreat

I have to say it truly surprises me that there isn't even a mention of Florida.

And let me just say, as a Floridian, it probably should have been.

Yep, I call shenanigans! We even have a term for it ourselves....Florida Cracker!

There are 3 hay and feed stores, a Tractor Supply, a WalMart, at least a dozen free-standing produce stands, a Farmers' Market, and Waffle House all within about a 15 minute drive of where I'm at....
Doesn't get much more redneck than that!

Of course, our brand of redneck is a bit different. We do wear cowboy hats and boots, etc., but we're also big into high-tech, have trucks that cost more than a Mercedes, etc.
By the way, you really come to realize that things are a way for a reason. For starters, a cowboy hat provides much better shade than a ball cap. Boots are made for riding a horse, and slipping easily in and out of stirrups (try it with tennis shoes).... Everything on a ranch/farm has a purpose and a reason for being the way it is.
edit on 10-5-2013 by Gazrok because: (no
reason given)

Thank you for backing me up there Gazrok, I was beginning to think I was the only Floridian on this thread.

While it is true that all the attire worn by 'Cowboys' and 'Florida Crackers' are ultimately utilitarian in origin, By todays standards they have become more fasion statements than anything.

You mentioned free-standing produce stands, sure, they have those around the country but riddle me this: How many of them sell Gator Jerky? Not many I'd wager. (mmmm, Gator Jerky)

Oh, also, when it comes to free standing things don't forget free standing old tires, those are almost as abundant as the mosquitos the are born from them! We Floridians love our skeeters, thats why we leave out old tires for them to live in.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by BenReclused
reply to post by DaphneApollo

Outside of Atlanta...maybe....Such as Stone Mountain, they used to have Klan meetings in this beautiful park loooong ago.

With the Black population of Stone Mountain, Ga. being almost 70%, I found that to be the funniest comment in this thread!

See ya,
Milt

Stone Mountain Park and Ku klux klan meetings in this park long ago, way to convolute a point I made.

I don't know about troll but Herp Derp o_O you've mastered it...

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
That's what a thread in BTS should look like IMO

Full of laughs and smiles

Thanks guys

Here's an American take on it (warning graphic language)

Cody

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Sorry guys

Emergency phone call, best mate needs a guitarist for a gig

I can't let a good friend down

Enjoy the thread

Cody

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Saw that article at Daily Mail... my reply there is the one I will apply here:

We here in the US Southeast would like to thank the elitist snobs in the digital media for continuing to spread such trashy rumors about our region. This kind of reporting has a positive effect by keeping the uncultured masses; the ridiculously gullible and purposely ignorant out of our midst. Please keep up the good work and... have a nice day!
- MFrankln, Pine Tick Holler, United States, 10/5/2013 6:51

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
What's a red neck, is it a place that gets lots of sun?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join