It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Paramedic Arrested For Possession Of 'Destructive Device'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   

BREAKING: West Texas EMS Worker Charged with Possession of Pipe Bomb

www.businessinsider.com

Bryce Reed, an Emergency Medical Services worker in West, Texas, was arrested early Friday on a charge of possession of a destructive device.

Reed was a first responder in last month's fertilizer plant explosion in the small town about 80 miles south of Dallas.

The cause of the fire and resulting blast is still under investigation, and local news station KWTX says there is so far no indication that Reed's arrest is connected to the explosion.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.businessinsider.com
edit on 10-5-2013 by Daedal because: subject

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Well there isn't much information regarding his arrest, although authorities have indicated that he was a volunteer first responder on the scene at the West Texas fertilizer plant explosion.

According to the source, there hasn't been any information obtained so far implicating him in the tragedy. However, a second look by federal and state agencies may take place.

www.businessinsider.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I sure hope they aren't referring to a window punch. It destroys windows. All First Responders/EMS carry those. With the way things are in this world, a simple window punch could be considered a weapon.

From that article:

A "destructive device" commonly refers to a bomb or grenade, but can also refer to other types of devices. ...

Great...lets arrest innocent people for carrying unidentified "destructive devices". Lets target our First Responders now, maybe they won't be Islamic, so we can get away with it.....pure conjecture of course.

A common Spring loaded Window Punch....Very effective:

edit on 5/10/2013 by MadDogtheHunter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
mmmmm more propaganda bullcrap pushed by the media, to scare people into "explosive devices" so they can pass more legislation to violate more of our rights

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

Texas launches criminal probe into fertilizer plant explosion

WACO, Texas -- Texas law enforcement officials on Friday launched a criminal investigation into the massive fertilizer plant explosion that killed 14 people last month Investigators have largely treated the West Fertilizer Co. blast that killed 14 people as an industrial accident, but the Texas Department of Public Safety said in statement that the agency has now instructed the Texas Rangers and the McLennan County Sheriff's Department to conduct a criminal probe

abclocal.go.com.../national_world&id=9097669
edit on 10-5-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

Pfft, he probably made a homemade "cherry bomb" to blow up anthills or something and now theyre gonna call these IED's
Reminds me of that nosy ass cleaning lady that turned that kid in when she found an "IED" in his room, now hes probably going to go to jail.

I really wish I had the means to leave this country.
edit on 10-5-2013 by Berzerked because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Paramedic Terrorists

Seriously though this is interesting I'd like to know more about this device, a pipe bomb?

Maybe, just maybe some kind of resistance/revolution/terrorism is happening in the USA and not just false flags?
Just a thought

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I thought the explosion was caused by poorly trained first responders that did not know how to read an MSDS.
Aerated water caused the fertilizer explosion, where the fire should have been foamed or flooded.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Really?

That is a major # up and is actually not funny at all if true.
Fair enough fires like that do not happen often but first responce teams should know this stuff, I'd crap myself if a firefighter came into my house and started putting a fire out with no knowledge of safety.

Unless ofcourse the first responders to that disaster really were terrorists... sorry couldn't help myself

Got any links about that error?

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Hmm, I dunno.

A few hours after Reed’s arrest, the Texas Rangers and McLennan County Sheriff’s office launched a criminal investigation into the fatal fertilizer plant explosion that killed 15 people, injured 200 others and damaged hundreds of homes.

As of yet, authorities are not saying whether Reed’s arrest is related to the April 17 explosion at West Fertilizer Co.

Dallas News reports, “Reed was being held by U.S. marshals on Friday after he was booked into the McLennan County Jail. As Reed was due in federal court in Waco on Friday, divergent portraits of the man emerged.”

The State Fire Marshal’s office has not determined nor have they ruled out whether the fire was a criminal act or accidental. The cause of the fire proceeding the explosion is also not determined but it was believed to have been fueled largely by ammonium nitrate kept at the plant.

Bryce Reed’s last Facebook message reads:

I just wanted to tell everyone thank you for all the prayers and support. I’m going to take a break from Facebook to reflect. I assure you that I’m ok. God bless you all, and please if you heed nothing else I have said, love one another. God bless. Bryce.

Request from FON: Let’s not speculate on this. The two incidents may very well be unrelated.

Freak Out Nation

Reading his FB page it seems like he came under attack for appearing in the media after the tragedy, I think his last post is just as it reads, he needed to shut down. But did he crack from it? I think the way people act towards people who have been involved in major incidents is just sick these days, we seem to never outgrow torches and pitchforks. I can see how it could make someone snap.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
He seemed especially grieved...

www.dallasnews.com...

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

Interesting! I've heard of fireman who start fires. Maybe this is an EMT who likes to cause trauma.

I look forward to following this to see what the Texas Rangers uncover.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Here's a good story and it has a lot of info including that he attended training for responding to these types of incidents,so maybe he is like the fireman creating a fire.

Texas plant explosion a bombing?

The Fort Worth Star-Telegram reports Reed’s LinkedIn profile lists spending time at the U.S. Biological and Chemical Weapon Depot in Ft McClellan, Ala. Reed also lists one year from 2010-2011 as a technician/regional safety officer for Allied International Emergency LLC., where he said response teams dealt with “Weapons of Mass Destruction Response, Nuclear Event Management, Chemical or Biological Weapons Containment, Large Scale Environmental Loss Mitigation, to DOT/EPA small scale spill cleanup.” Read more at www.wnd.com...

top topics

join