It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS is losing it's roots

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

I am now.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by extraterrestrialentity

I can see where you're coming form. I originally came here to feed that part of me that wants to believe in things like bigfoot, ufos, secret societies. But now most of the threads end up being political. I just now closed a thread because it was turning into the typical Obama hate thread. I'm not a fan of any president but it just gets so old to read the same crap over and over. Obama memes started getting posted. Maybe I am mistaken but in my memory ATS was less political back when I joined.

That's my two cents.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   

link   

I like a good shaggy dog story as much as the next guy, but the Internet is more sophisticated now than ever before, and what was taken as "hard evidence" in 1999 is now seen as hearsay, an appeal to authority or any other of a number of common logical fallacies.

Ultimately - this is a good thing, as it works both ways.

link   

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
no she is not...

I am not gonna follow all of you to the edge either...

Just saying she was aloud to ask why...

ban me if you wish... I AM READY TO CLOSE MY MIND..

and keep it a secret....

and I will you better know that.
edit on 9-5-2013 by Bicent76 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by extraterrestrialentity
What happened to ATS members posting threads about conspiracy theories? What happened to ATS actually being a conspiracy site? Everywhere you go on the site, all you have is news, news, and more news. I barely even see any conspiracy topics anymore. It's almost as if conspiracy threads are frowned upon.

This makes sense until you look at your thread history...

- Maryland task force recommends taking away guns from people who pose threats
- NASA to launch world's largest solar sail
- Alexandria cops bust 10-year-old for bringing toy gun to school
- Chicago 12-Year-Old Used Replica Gun To Rob 11-Year-Old Classmate
- Meteor spotted over East Coast, including New York City
- Bomb hits convoy carrying Qataris in Somalia, eight dead
- "Liberator" gun made with 3D printer fires first successful shot
- Florida boy, 3, fatally shoots himself with uncle's gun
- NASA Scientists Observe The Brightest Explosion Ever

Be the change you want to see...right?

Look I'm not commenting on the quality of your threads or the fact that they have nothing to do with conspiracy's. I like ATS for it's diversity, the fact that I usually know things before mainstream news picks up on them.

Peace

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
the obvious conclusion is that once people see that there is no contrbution to the thread they leave.

The numbers dwindle. And that thats left are critics and speculators.

In other words, The useful people leave in bunches. The what ever is left over. New members join. They stay for a bit. Leave. Then when the next big thing hits. All those conspiracy theoriest that shun all the dummies come back with old accounts that only posted a couple times because they see the redicule and fear posting.

There are places elsewhere, where people are not so much attacked and they end up jumping back and forth between posting sites to post and see how ATS is doing.
h to feed the trolls.
The outcome isnt that the conspiracy theoriests *grow up* and stop posting. Its that they seek a more friendlier enviroment. And such what ever campaign is going on ATS has many disinfo agents and what not.

It will have its ups and downs. But as for the posting. Can't say i expect to much till around june when kiddies get out of school.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
No one comes here to normalize people and the world.

Maybe all those people should join a counciling program or something so they can power trip over teens and parents.

Speak about the news with them and tell them about how their view point is insain.

How everything is insain. What is not isain anymore? TV and movies warp our very meaning of words and images.

Do not forget that.
edit on 9-5-2013 by CrypticSouthpaw because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   
The only luster lost for me is from the loss of good members due to banning or choosing to leave out of frustration.

edit on 5/9/2013 by howmuch4another because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by howmuch4another

I have thought about this. Most regular posters I usually see have registered from 2010 and on. I wonder who was posting back when I registered. I need to use that "show ats history" thing and look back to 2008.
edit on 9-5-2013 by lucidclouds because: (no reason given)

Wow just used the "show ats history" and went back to 2008. I opened 7 threads that looked interesting and 4 of the 7 authors were now banned.
Seems you were right.
edit on 9-5-2013 by lucidclouds because: update

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   

I have said this before if you want to discuss politics and other things there are about a billion forums devoted to that.Why come here if conspiracies and other so-called fringe topics upset you? I Never understood that.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 01:39 AM
link   
As one of the three guys who helped create the roots I usually avoid these threads but it's been a while...

Topics like this (Identical to this) have been popping up since 2002 (search it), that's right 11 years ago.

ATS is a User Generated Content Site. Whatever YOU, the Members are thinking about is going to be the content of the day.

I remember back in 2004 we had a string of threads decrying the loss in "quality of ATS threads/content"...

Looking back to there from now with a non-biased eye you have no choice but to agree it's much more diverse and much better TODAY.

It happens, you join up and think you've found your personal nirvana, then, usually after a year or two (shorter for some) some hootenanny actually has the temerity to disagree with you and prove his/her point!
That pretty much ends the honeymoon and thus begins one of two mind sets, "I better get my stuff straight or these guys and gals will eat my lunch" or, sadly, the more common, "ATS is going down the tubes".

The choice is yours to make as to which camp you want to reside in but I've learned over the last 10+ years that ATS has nothing to do with it, it's 100% our minds and belief systems coexisting and collaborating or clashing that causes it. I would add that clashing is not a bad thing when done civilly.

I'll say it again...

ATS has no opinion, ATS has no stance on any subject. ATS is a direct reflection of what humanity is thinking about. ATs is nothing more than a portal for our members to share what they see, think, feel, and experience in this interestingly jacked up world. ATS holds no sway over anything and all we ask is that you interact with your fellow human in a decent and civil way. Easy Peasy.

Keeps it real when you look at it through that prism.

Springer...
edit on 5-10-2013 by Springer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Springer

ATS has no opinion, ATS has no stance on any subject. ATS is a direct reflection of what humanity is thinking about.

That's just your opinion.

I mean, me and ATS, we were just talking the other day, and ATS said to me...

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join