It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS is losing it's roots

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
you give a conspiracy theorie
and you get called a fool
and ridiculed.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
This is JUST a post to Ridicule you.
Just what you are talking about.

Originally posted by operation mindcrime

Originally posted by extraterrestrialentity
What happened to ATS members posting threads about conspiracy theories? What happened to ATS actually being a conspiracy site? Everywhere you go on the site, all you have is news, news, and more news. I barely even see any conspiracy topics anymore. It's almost as if conspiracy threads are frowned upon.

This makes sense until you look at your thread history...

- Maryland task force recommends taking away guns from people who pose threats
- NASA to launch world's largest solar sail
- Alexandria cops bust 10-year-old for bringing toy gun to school
- Chicago 12-Year-Old Used Replica Gun To Rob 11-Year-Old Classmate
- Meteor spotted over East Coast, including New York City
- Bomb hits convoy carrying Qataris in Somalia, eight dead
- "Liberator" gun made with 3D printer fires first successful shot
- Florida boy, 3, fatally shoots himself with uncle's gun
- NASA Scientists Observe The Brightest Explosion Ever

Be the change you want to see...right?

Look I'm not commenting on the quality of your threads or the fact that they have nothing to do with conspiracy's. I like ATS for it's diversity, the fact that I usually know things before mainstream news picks up on them.

Peace

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by buddha

What, in your opinion, is not factual about that post?

edit on 10-5-2013 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddha

Where?

Conspiracy theory:

a theory that explains an event or set of circumstances as the result of a secret plot by usually powerful conspirators

The thread title certainly doesn't suggest a conspiracy

ATS is losing it's roots

It seems more like a concern..

Maybe it's the OP?

What happened to ATS members posting threads about conspiracy theories? What happened to ATS actually being a conspiracy site? Everywhere you go on the site, all you have is news, news, and more news. I barely even see any conspiracy topics anymore. It's almost as if conspiracy threads are frowned upon.

ATS used to be a place of many conspiracy theories, now it's a place of news, and non-conspiracy theorists, or "sane, logical people", as they like to call themselves. You open up a conspiracy thread, you get attacked by people who don't share your beliefs. I remember a time when members actually contributed to the threads, instead of attacking the posters. Every UFO video has been debunked to death by crazy, but "Earthly" explanations, and I barely see any speculating any more. It feels as though this is turning into a news site. I'm not attacking ATS, or it's staff, I just want ATS to go back to it's roots.

It seems that ATS is being flooded with new members that try their best to defend the government. There needs to be a balance, or else ATS will just become another news site. Too many non-conspiracy theorists will turn ATS into just another site where you can talk to friends, and too many conspiracy theorists will turn ATS into a crazy place, but just the right amount of two is what kept this site going for so many years.

I hope ATS will be brought back to it's roots. I'm not saying the site is bad, it's still pretty good, but if things continue going like they are, ATS will be lost.

Again, it seems more like the OP is expressing his concern with the way thing are developing here on ATS.

Or is it perhaps this one line?

It seems that ATS is being flooded with new members that try their best to defend the government.

Is this the conspiracy the OP was trying to warn us about? Is that really the core of the OP?

If you interpret it like that then maybe you should reread it again and again and again....

Because to me it seems more like the OP is complaining. Complaining about things he himself is guilty off

Hence my post.

It isn't an attempt to ridicule the OP but merely an attempt to point out the obvious.

But then again, if you misinterpreted the OP it seems logical that you would misinterpret my post as an attempt to ridicule

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

It is true, I am guilty of such threads. However, when I first became a member, my favorite topics were conspiracy theories, but after a while, members just kept attacking my posts in an attempt to discredit everything I said, so I eventually stopped posting conspiracy threads, because I knew the thread would just go to trash.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by extraterrestrialentity

You do realize everybody is now going to check up the first threads you posted here on ATS, right?

It no problem man. Believe me, when I first joined I was really into the RFID thing being made mandatory and came up with everything under sun to prove this conspiracy.

What I found out is that most of the people that I thought were trying to ridicule or attack me were actually very intelligent people with a lot more knowledge on the subject then I thought I had...

If you really have a passion for a certain subject, criticism shouldn't be considered a obstacle but a motivation to dig deeper.

use it, don't fight it.

Peace

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   

ATS is losing it's roots
With 283,298 roots,hard to lose em all.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   

You grow up, you realise how stupid most conspiracy theories are. Given most of your recent posts, perhaps you don't belong here?

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaveStinger
reply to post by DaveStinger

I'll say it again... ATS has no opinion, ATS has no stance on any subject. ATS is a direct reflection of what humanity is thinking about. ATs is nothing more than a portal for our members to share what they see, think, feel, and experience in this interestingly jacked up world. ATS holds no sway over anything and all we ask is that you interact with your fellow human in a decent and civil way. Easy Peasy.

This doesn´t seem to be truthfull. Do you really think people are stupid, do you really believe it is not completely obvious that ATS is not objective at all?

The fact that my previous post was removed as an extreme TandC violation is proof enough of that.

How can anyone,truthfully say that ATS holds no sway over anything? This is simply not true, and is plain to see.

There is a verb for the action of consciously not telling the truth.

I guess the usage of that verb got my post removed.

Wow this guy is banned now.

I'm thinking there may have been something else that happened for the ban and not just his post here, at least I hope.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by lucidclouds
Wow this guy is banned now.

I'm thinking there may have been something else that happened for the ban and not just his post here, at least I hope.

Going by the way he was addressing the staff, I'd says a returning member with probably a couple of bans under his belt with a classical case of "butt-hurt"..

O well, C'est la vie.

Peace

(did I just violate T&C by discussing other members?)

(I think I did)

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by extraterrestrialentity
What happened to ATS members posting threads about conspiracy theories? What happened to ATS actually being a conspiracy site? Everywhere you go on the site, all you have is news, news, and more news. I barely even see any conspiracy topics anymore.

Maybe there's not an unlimited supply of conspiracies?

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   
The Three Stages Of Truth

Originally posted by buddha
and you get called a fool
and ridiculed.

Skepticism is always welcome on ATS. Indeed, all conspiracy theories are themselves arguably statements of skepticism.

However, ridicule and ad hominem attacks are acts of disruption, not skepticism, and run afoul of our terms & conditions.

Please alert us when you see such behavior, allow time for us to respond, and we'll do our best to straighten things out.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by DaveStinger

First of all, regarding the mockery of the acceptance of the T&C...

Some people take thier oaths seriously, no matter how they might be proffered, arranged, or comprised. You believe that all a person ought to do when applying to be a member of this site is just "click agree" and forget about it. I do not. There is enough casual breakage of oath in life these days, and no matter how pathetic it may appear from the outside, it is a matter of personal honour to me to ensure that when I make an oath, it stays whole.

Second, I believe the reason that the cause of bans and staff action is not discussed, can be found within the T&C of the site, under the section dealing with not discussing banned members. Also, regarding individual posts, I can see plenty of ways a posts content and the ban associated with it could present a catch twenty two in terms of how one would go about explaining it. How do you explain that a members post was redacted because it contained reference to subject x, or language y, without using the very terms or data which was considered to be in violation, and still explain to the exacting standards required by those who refuse to accept these things? Not a job I fancy, that I can tell you for sure.

And regarding your opinion on the subject of those T&C that you claim are too broad, well you are welcome to it, but perhaps you should not have joined up if you had a problem with the alleged ambiguity you have identified.
There are some elements of the T&C which I find less than ideal, but because I have agreed to them, I TRY where possible to abide by them. We cannot discuss certain topics that I would like to discuss. We cannot use the full breadth of the dictionary of curse words, as I would among friends, which personally feels like I have to lie to the people here rather than saying what I think. Some times when you mean four letters, anything else feels like disembling. However, as I said, I agreed to the letter of the T&C, so I have to refrain from discussing the sanctioned topics, and using the language to which I am typically accustomed around friends, and those I trust.

If one wishes to remain a member, this is the price one pays. I wont pretend that I havent had a post removed for a violation or two, and I wont pretend that I havent had the odd problem understanding where a mod was coming from on certain actions, and I have also been upset to find members I respected, banned for some reason. However, like I said, I take my oaths seriously, and will seek always to keep them, and that overrides my discomfort, as it bloody well ought to for anyone who merely "clicked agree".

<< 1  2  3   >>

join