It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The racist mindset of liberals, black or white

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I am having a conversation/debate with a good friend about why racism still 'exist'. We are both black women; I am more conservative, she is definitely a liberal. I stated that because I had this same conversation with a good friend of mine that was white.

It started with a brief discussion of the history of the political parties; I gave her the brief history of the racist, pro-slavery party the Democrats. This true history seemed to disturb her, and o the conversation switched over to racism itself. It all began with her disgusting blanketed statement, "I don't believe there are non-racist white people".

I told her that like most liberals, everything that comes out of their mouth is race-baited. She made statements such as:

Whites are the only race of people that went around the globe doing evil to everyone

Whites came to Africa and brought us back her to build their country

ALL Whites are brought up to be racist to blacks

Whites feel that we should be said about the 6 million jews that died in the holocaust, but forget that. What about the blacks that died in slavery

Blacks are gonna burn this ***** down unless whites apologize for slavery

There is nothing wrong with the black welfare queens because they are just getting their share for their ancestors

Whites need to apologize. There will be no peace until they do.

Ok.......I had to hold my breath during her ignorant delusional rage over the phone...in fact, I am typing this thread while she is talking because she is making NO SENSE.

I asked:

Which white person owes the global apology?

How much money do whites owe?

At what point will people (racist liberals) understand that no one that is living today had anything to do with slavery, and therefore no apology is required?

I also reminded her of REAL history, not skewed democratic history, and said that it was BLACK african kings who SOLD blacks into slavery...I reminded her that it was white republicans who created a party based on anti-slavery ideology...I reminded her that it was Democrats who created Ku Klux Klan...and that it is the same party that perpetuates the same racism she is spewing today.

Of course, she was not able to answer intelligently, so I began making this thread.

Comments

edit on 9-5-2013 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
White, liberal, and could not care less about race. Having said that, I do recognize it when I see it and it does still exist - from all points of view. I live in the Atlanta, Georgia area and, sometimes here one can take a step or two and find themselves in an environment that feels much more like 1933 than 2013.

The sooner we all learn to accept and celebrate our differences AND our similarities? The sooner we can take the next step as a civilization.
edit on 5/9/13 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

You probably brought it on yourself which is what I pick up from your op. Especially since I'm very aware that republicans(conservatives) are most generally racist.

Because the republican party represents the farmer/middle class man (Mainly white) and highly christian religious families.

Religious families are not what they project. Most are racist judgmental and dysfunctional while maintaining that they ar e perfect in public view.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
"like most liberals". Oh the irony of this thread.

Utter time wasting trash. But the irony. Oh my.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by metalholic

You probably brought it on yourself which is what I pick up from your op. Especially since I'm very aware that republicans(conservatives) are most generally racist.

Because the republican party represents the farmer/middle class man (Mainly white) and highly christian religious families.

Religious families are not what they project. Most are racist judgmental and dysfunctional while maintaining that they ar e perfect in public view.

I'm not even religious...let me add that.

Racism exist, I am aware of that. My main argument was that liberals tend to perpetuate racism in general.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by metalholic

Way to go! I really like the way you turned that around there and were able to so confidently place blame, and also labeling an entire group of people to be racist...

I mean labeling an entire group of people based preconceived notions and towing the party line is exactly how we're going to fix this country! And it totally the opposite of racism.

When I grow up, I hope my pedestal is as big as yours....

edit on 9-5-2013 by ZombieJesus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   

I told her that like most liberals, everything that comes out of their mouth is race-baited.

What is wrong with you?

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jefferton
"like most liberals". Oh the irony of this thread.

Utter time wasting trash. But the irony. Oh my.

The reason why liberalism is even mentioned in the thread/ conversation, is because it is that same liberalism that was pro-slavery and perpetuates the sense of black victim hood, which is unhealthy for the entire world.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZombieJesus

Way to go! I really like the way you turned that around there and were able to so confidently place blame, and also labeling an entire group of people to be racist is just what this country needs....

Treat people how you want to be treated by the dribble in the op I'd say that's what he wanted. Where if those people he's talking about were on here. They'd have done the same.

But they couldn't tell their side of the story could they?

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
You'll be a true friend if you both get out at the end of that with smiles on your faces. I'm across the pond, so don't really have a knowledge of the history. I got educated on the important parts that affected the world as a whole. And being Scottish, I'm so white, I'm pretty much blue. Studying in Cambridge, a multi-cultural city, I acquired many friends from all over the globe. And most of them had the opinion of your friend, especially my black and Asian friends. At first meeting them in my very first semester, without any of them knowing me, because I'm Scottish I was instantly labelled racist. I've never had a racist bone in my body. And that's growing up in an area of Scotland where I was more or less taught to hate Roman Catholics because I'm Protestant.

Thank God I grew up with a proper head on my shoulders, and I hold no resentment to any religion, race or sex. Never will and never have. To this day I keep in touch with many of my University friends, most of which are black and Muslim. It wasn't till they got to know me that they realised, and said so themselves, they're just reflecting on what they were taught and led to believe.

I've asked the same question as you OP several times when a very similar discussion came up, very uncomfortable discussions, what one person can there be to apologise? And forgive my ignorance to say, there must be non-racist whites in the States, having voted in a black president. That's my initial opinion of today. I've experienced racism from the other side of the fence, and ended up being friends with most of the instigators.

Apologies if my reply has come off topic, I just felt I had to say my little piece that relates to your story.
Thank you for sharing.

link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie

Originally posted by metalholic

I'm not even religious...let me add that.

Racism exist, I am aware of that. My main argument was that liberals tend to perpetuate racism in general.

Yeah I agree racism exists. But not like it used to. It's more confined and controlled now. When you compare to the past.

Look where most republicans live. Racist countys. Sorry but your having trouble looking inward from the inside.

Your stereotyping and sadly proof that most liberals are not racist is Obama.

I guarantee republicans voted for clinton and didn't obama because obama was black. After all no one wanted another term for bush ie mccain so there you go.
edit on 9-5-2013 by metalholic because: (no reason given)

link   

The reason why liberalism is even mentioned in the thread/ conversation, is because it is that same liberalism that was pro-slavery and perpetuates the sense of black victim hood, which is unhealthy for the entire world.

How is slavery liberalism?
Please try to understand what you are talking about.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   

I'm a white republican. You better let my black friends know I'm a racist. I don't think they're aware. In fact, I wasn't even aware I was a racist until your statements.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by danneu89

Ignorance breeds Ignorance doesn't it?

Or is that being denied?

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   

I think I've had some discussions here with your friend before.
(Some old time members will probably know what I'm talking about).

The Democrats and Republicans of the past are in NO WAY representative of the Democrats and Republicans of today, so bringing up that whole thing is just stupid. The Republicans who freed the slaves went on to become the Democrats of today. Look into your history a little more before you go down that road.
All your labels and assumptions make me kind of sick.

I'm white and liberal. Please tell your friend that I'm sorry.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
A lot of the slaves were sold to the slavers by their own people so it was blacks selling blacks for profit such as guns and drink as before when various groups went to war they sold each others captives back to each other and the whiteman turned up and offered a better price

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Or sarcasm breeds more sarcasm.

Since you know me, what makes me a racist?

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

I think I've had some discussions here with your friend before.
(Some old time members will probably know what I'm talking about).

The Democrats and Republicans of the past are in NO WAY representative of the Democrats and Republicans of today, so bringing up that whole thing is just stupid. The Republicans who freed the slaves went on to become the Democrats of today. Look into your history a little more before you go down that road.
All your labels and assumptions make me kind of sick.

I'm white and liberal. Please tell your friend that I'm sorry.

That whole deal about the party's "switching' is more democratic excuses to justify their racist history. The parties never switched; the people did, and not all of them. When LBJ created the War on Poverty to continue the long history of blacks dependency on whites (such as in slavery), it duped black people into voting for the Democratic Party. Traditionally blacks were Republican.

Then...

as blacks blindly migrated over into the Democratic party, racists DixieCrats would not be of the same party as blacks, and flocked to the Republican party. So the Republican Party today now includes the racist-minded former Democrats.

The party's never changed.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

People who judge based on race or any physical trait must have to constantly deal with being wrong. How one could live with that I'm unsure. I'm glad you called her on her racism.

Obviously racism isn't limited to any one race, political party, age or demographic, it is the sign of the culture one has grown into and continues to perpetuate, as your friend has proven.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nevertheless

How is slavery liberalism?
Please try to understand what you are talking about.

Easily.

Slavery is in institution that goes against the pursuit of liberty- which is a liberal interpretation of the constitution.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join