It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The racist mindset of liberals, black or white

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by danneu89
reply to post by metalholic

Or sarcasm breeds more sarcasm.

Since you know me, what makes me a racist?

That's what opposer's of the op is saying!

Welcome to the crowd!

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

Originally posted by ButterCookie
The party's never changed.

I didn't say they did.
Read my post again.

You know what? Never mind.
Those nasty racist liberals! Blah, blah, blah.

This:

reply to post by Jefferton

Originally posted by Jefferton
Utter time wasting trash. But the irony. Oh my.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Well that's definitely a more productive method than explaining why the OP is incorrect.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

What is it you're sorry for exactly? For being liberal, for being white?

99% of the time I'm with you on topics Heretic, but your confusing me. Are you saying you had a hand in it somehow? Amazing as that would make you what? 150 yrs old?

and just so I don't confuse anyone, white, 50yr old libertarian here, and I refuse to apologize for something that my ancestors might or might not have had a hand in. And if they did support slavery and racism I hope that what ever is on the other side of the veil we all must cross in due time, is punishing the hell out of them.

Slavery is wrong, Racism is wrong, but I refuse to be painted with the same brush as the people who actually perpetuated that horror.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
This thread is asserting that MOST liberals(not all) tend to have racial ideologies because it is simply true. They are a part of the racist part who held slaves captive because of their-RACE; which deems them racist.

Liberals perpetuate black victim hood and not self responsibilty; they feel that whites should forever be apologetic about slavery and should forever compensate blacks for slavery; even though not one person that is alive today was alive during that time.

It is the liberal policy's that convince poor blacks that whites owe them, and therefore vote to tax the white earners to death to receive their 'fair share'.

I never stated that all liberals felt this way; however a large MAJORITY do.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by deadbang

I am more libertarian than conservative, and I agree with you whole-heartedly!!!

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Funny thing, though. As a card-carrying Liberal, I can read your thread title and determine it to be spurious because I am not a racist. Punkt.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   

This thread is asserting that MOST liberals(not all) tend to have racial ideologies because it is simply true. They are a part of the racist part who held slaves captive because of their-RACE; which deems them racist.

Liberals perpetuate black victim hood and not self responsibilty; they feel that whites should forever be apologetic about slavery and should forever compensate blacks for slavery; even though not one person that is alive today was alive during that time.

It is the liberal policy's that convince poor blacks that whites owe them, and therefore vote to tax the white earners to death to receive their 'fair share'.

I never stated that all liberals felt this way; however a large MAJORITY do.

You have "Liberals" and "Conservatives" flip flopped sounds to me like the people around you who like to think of themselves as conservatives are actually liberals and are just ignorant to it.

Most just go with the household beliefs and never look into anything critically so when they get out in the world. Intelligent people will try to avoid political conversation with them because they clearly don't know what they're talking about.

It's like in American Dad when Stan gets invited to them higher up parties and Francene is so ignorant about what she is talking about Stan has to shover in the pool.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
The current paradigm aside, NONE OF US HAVE EVER OWNED SLAVES and NONE OF US HAVE EVER BEEN SLAVES. I will never accept responsibility or apologize for something that I, personally, HAVE NOT DONE. I will not teach my children to feel guilt for the actions of their ancestors. I will not apologize for the color of skin I happen to have been born with.

We are all just different "shades" of human.

You think I owe an entire race (or several) an apology for atrocities that occurred before I was even born? Really? You're a special kind of stupid, aren't you

--J

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   

I am more libertarian than conservative, and I agree with you whole-heartedly!!!

You don't sound like a Libertarian to me! You sound like a GOP, Rush Limbaugh parroting Republican.
Accusing most liberals of being racists isn't in the least Libertarian.

I'm a Libertarian and we have more of a "live and let live" agenda/platform than you have exhibited with this trolling, mean-spirited, accusatory thread.

edit on 9-5-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

How is slavery liberalism?

Slavery is in institution that goes against the pursuit of liberty- which is a liberal interpretation of the constitution.

^^from the bottom of page 1.

Maybe I need more coffee....

I'm thinking Liberal in Canada means something completely different than in the US.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I was wondering if anyone else noticed this:

Republicans(Conservatives) - Foreign Policies

Democrats(Liberals) - Domestic Policies

Wouldn't democrats be considered conservatives?

But they're not!

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
There's no racism. It's all economics and profiteering.

If you and I are equal, it's hard for me to profit from your labor. After all, why should you pay me less, than I pay you?

To profit from our relationship, I need to convince you that my worth is more than your worth.

I have to make you struggle harder to achieve the same things that I make easy for me.

So. I need to introduce a law, set the policy, convince our neighbors, etc.. to change the relative valuation of you verses me.

This is quite easy to do if we look different.

Once the neighbors can never confuse the two of us, thinking one might be the other, I can use that to set the policy, establish the valuation scheme, so that your labor is valued more but priced less, and my labor is priced more buy valued less.

This is all that racism is.

If slaves were not priced below their value, the Europeans would never have spent the cost to move them from Africa to the Americas.

The whole policy of racism, was simply an economic strategy, to get valuable labor for cheap.

What it tells us, is that a Black person was worth more than his price, and a White person was priced more than his worth. And this was the force that moved blacks from Africa to the Americas.

Why pay a white person his required high price, when I can get a black person to do the same work for less?

The black slaves replaced the white laborers who had overpriced their services.

Today, things have changed, and the Mexicans are replacing the Blacks, because the Mexicans are the new cheap labor.

It's not racism. It's profit.

edit on 9-5-2013 by SQUEALER because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Easily.

Slavery is in institution that goes against the pursuit of liberty- which is a liberal interpretation of the constitution.

Liberalism (from the Latin liberalis)[1] is a political philosophy or worldview founded on ideas of liberty and equality.[2][3] Liberals espouse a wide array of views depending on their understanding of these principles, but generally they support ideas such as free and fair elections, civil rights, freedom of the press, freedom of religion, free trade, and private property.

Any political party that supports slavery can not be classified as liberal, it goes against the very nature of the political definition.
edit on 9-5-2013 by Openeye because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadbang
What is it you're sorry for exactly? For being liberal, for being white?

No. I'm sorry that so many people were treated like property. That they were thought of and treated like pure crap! That they had their freedom and dignity taken away and were beaten, raped and killed. That they were forced to work for nothing. That they had to sit in the back of the bus and were prohibited from enjoying life. That their children were called horrible names and had to grow up in a country where they were thought of as less than a whole person. That the little girls thought it was ugly to have dark skin. That light-skinned black people would rather "pass" for being white than proudly proclaim who they are. That they are today, discriminated against for the color of their skin.

I could go on for the entire 5000 characters, but you get the idea.

Did I do these things? No. But I'm VERY sorry that anyone had to endure what this race has had to endure over the past 200 years. It makes me feel ashamed of people.

As far as I know, my ancestors never owned slaves (and I've researched it), but that still would not make me responsible. But I'm still a compassionate person and when I think of how terrible it has been in the past growing up black in this country, I am SO sorry! Not because I did anything wrong, but because I feel saddened and sorry about it.

Sorry

feeling regret, compunction, sympathy, pity, etc.: to be sorry to leave one's friends; to be sorry for a remark; to be sorry for someone in trouble.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Well thanks for calling me and all other liberals racist.

Not even worth having further discussion with you if that is your thinking. I wonder what would happen if someone made a thread calling all Conservatives racist???

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by SQUEALER

Very well put.

Racism started with colonialism, in order to gain support from the people for the exploitation of third world nations.

People in the 17-1800's, for example, were conditioned to believe that dark skin was unhealthy, and the more white you were the more healthy you were. That is why everyone wore hats, and women carried parasols, because it was considered unhealthy to even have a tan. White untanned skin was also considered a sign of wealth and position, as lower class people generally worked outside farming etc.

It wasn't until the later 1800's that people started going to the beach for recreation.

BTW OP the people who colonised third world countries could be considered liberal. But Americans don't seem to realise liberal and conservative are not political opposites anywhere but in America's twisted politics.
In reality a democrat can be liberal or conservative, and so can a republican.

So just because the democrats do something it doesn't mean it is liberal. Slavery is not liberal from the slaves point of view, but from the slave masters it is, simply because they were free to take slaves.

Liberalism and conservationism are not bad things, it all depends on the context. Using the terms liberal and conservative as apposing political labels is ridiculous. It's just another way the state divides the population, and keeps you all fighting amongst yourselves, as you are conditioned to focus on differences instead of common interests.

edit on 5/9/2013 by ANOK because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Yeah liberals race bait..
while the conservatives are just straight out racist...
Not all of course but some or a lot.

Another Racist Republican Politician Caught On Tape

They may try to Jew me down on the price. Fine!

Rep. Don Young Is Sorry You Didn't Say 'Wetback' as Much as He Did Back in the Day

Jennifer Olsen, Montana GOP Official, Takes Heat For Alleged Racist Facebook Post

the following picture of a cardboard box with a watermelon underneath it, alongside a caption calling it a "plot to kidnap" President Barack Obama

GOP Meltdown 2012: Mapping Racist Tweets from the Presidential Election

Gordon Warren Epperly, Alaska Man, Says Obama Is Ineligible To Be President Because Of His Race

Many more...but damn them liberals and race bating..

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Slavery was an abomination. I truly wish that it had never occurred. However, it did exist.

My family did not get to the US until the early 1900s. I don't think that I own anyone an apology.

I try to treat people as individuals not members of some group. I think that it's sad that your friend thinks that all white people are racist. Her view of the world has been shaped by her life and experiences.

I don't think that you can judge another without having walked a long way in their shoes.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   

While I certainly do not agree with your friend, if you hate someone based on skin color, culture, class, religion or history than you're a moron. But as for you... I think you need to reread your history books, the democrats of today were the republicans of yesteryear... most republicans don't deny it either. A few racist bastards put it out there to try and win the black vote. Congratulations. Maybe next time you have to wait 18 hours in line to vote you can research the white people of the civil rights movement (they were largely NOT republican and most identified as liberals) along with your Party history.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join