It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The racist mindset of liberals, black or white

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie

LOL...another libtard
I think your above quote clearly explains just who the Racist is......
Regardless of Your Political Leaning, it is YOU who has the Issues.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

How is slavery liberalism?
Not saying it is. After all, we banned it before you did. Just responding to the title of the thread, which I consider to be trolling.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Thanks to everyone who participated in this thread.

edit on 9-5-2013 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Originally posted by snowspirit
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

How is slavery liberalism?

Not saying it is. After all, we banned it before you did. Just responding to the title of the thread, which I consider to be trolling.

That question should have been in my quote box previously. The op was confusing me.

This was my main reply to you:

I'm thinking Liberal in Canada means something completely different than in the US.

I don't label myself anything, but as far as dictionary meanings, I'm anything but conservative.
Open minded, freedom loving, I think that's a Cdn liberal.
Somehow, in the states, many try to make that into an insult, a bad thing.

Told you I needed more coffee

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
Slavery was an abomination. I truly wish that it had never occurred. However, it did exist.

Slavery did one good thing.

It introduced into the language the concept of becoming a "slave" to something.

We all now understand that slavery is bad.

So, we're now conscious of how bad it is to "be a slave to our own desires", to "be a slave to our lusts", to "be a slave to smoking", etc...

We have become more conscious than we were before slavery existed.

The price of consciousness is suffering. We suffered to arrive at the understanding we now have. We can now fight against all types of slavery.

Hence we can conclude that God introduced slavery in order to raise the consciousness of men.

Now that we're aware, we no longer need slavery. We can focus on getting rid of all the other masters that have enslaved us, like "lusts", "desires", "anger", "hate", etc...all these masters control us, and make us do things, against our will.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Thanks to everyone who participated in this thread.

Yeah right...

What you should do is apologize to all us "Libtards"

Here is a quote by MLK you might take to heart....

Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. Martin Luther King, Jr.

edit on 9-5-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I think race remains a major issue in politics. To me it is a shame how uncomfortable most still are talking about the history, and I sympathize with black Americans having racially driven politics.

Sure, it African leaders may have been partners in the slave trade but that doesn't change the history of African Americans being discriminated and oppressed by whites in America.

I wouldn't apologize personally for America's slave history. But, any who feel that this is ancient history and there are no lingering effects might owe an apology. The younger generations often have the impression that since they didn't participate in slavery there is no need to do anything to help the ancestors of the oppressed. Regardless of the race of a person, if they are in a difficult situation because of a past injustice than we should help them in the name of a supposedly advanced moral society.

Helping a poor person, of course, is all about access to opportunities to gain skills to help themselves and not about transfer payments.

There are serious problems in our economy with regard to poverty perpetuation. Unfortunately many of those with financial difficulties are ancestors of a previously oppressed people- and this applies to poor all over the world regardless of race.

This is the reason I often find myself at odds with the unsympathetic stance that the poor are so because of their own doing and the rich all worked hard. In truth, there are many links between todays poor and yesterday's victims as well as todays rich and yesterdays criminals.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   
It is a hard debate. Simply because liberals tend to be the most close minded, intolerant, ignorant people around. Academia is replete with cowardly authority worshipers(generally always has except for a few rare periods in history). The media is, and has always been, the best way for authoritarians to assume command.
I never fails that the "smart people"(in their own minds) are ALWAYS on the wrong side of history.

The positive is that individuals who have capacity for critical thought know no racial boundaries. As hilarious as it is that self righteous liberals proclaim that no black man may think for himself, many do. Many, many more than their "Uncle Tom" fantasies can allow. Jaime Dupree, aka NewsNinja, and Alphonso Rachel represent cool, hip. young black guys that see through the progressive BS. Colion Noir fits in that description but mostly fights for gun rights. Then you have guys like the head of the Frederick Douglass Foundation who are more conservative in dress. Then you have your more traditional CL Bryants - so awesome and respectable but their religious nature automatically makes them bad acc. to liberal principle(So I guess Harriet Tubman was terrible too....). Beyond that you have respectable academics like Thomas Sowell and Establishment Republicans like David Webb. And then you have (somewhat) successful conservative black pols like Allen West.

But I guess this post means I'm racist......

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I knew this topic sounded familiar.
You had a rant not too long ago how you, a black woman, left the democratic party due to its history of bla bla bla.
But it gets better.

Now, somehow in your head, history has trumped reality, and "the majority" of liberals are actually racists..

Is it even worth debating with someone who says something that ignorant?

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   
The heart of hte matter is the Democrat party USED to be (generally) pro-slavery.

How did Democrats go from being racist to not being racist?

Nobody has answered that.
edit on 10-5-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jefferton
"like most liberals". Oh the irony of this thread.

Utter time wasting trash. But the irony. Oh my.

The reason why liberalism is even mentioned in the thread/ conversation, is because it is that same liberalism that was pro-slavery and perpetuates the sense of black victim hood, which is unhealthy for the entire world.

You are very confused.

The south, is not a liberal place, you silly, silly,silly, silly, silly, silly,silly person. The southern Democrats
were conservative...

Use your brain for an minute and ask yourself, "Do I think that southern culture shifted from
being liberal to conservative?"

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite
The heart of hte matter is the Democrat party USED to be pro-slavery.

How did Democrats go from being racist to not being racist?

Nobody has answered that.

The southern democrats left the party and eventually joined the republicans.
Which is why the south went from being blue, to red.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by cholo

But how is it that MOST democrats were pro-slavery?

This wasn't true for the republicans.

What's your explanation.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite
reply to post by cholo

But how is it that MOST democrats were pro-slavery?

This wasn't true for the republicans.

What's your explanation.

Because most were southerners, steeped in southern culture that saw slavery as a cultural institution.

Yes, the Republicans did not gain racists until 1964 when all the southern Democrats left party
after President Johnson signed the civil rights act.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by cholo

Southern dems were pretty conservative, but they did play a huge role in the New Deal and generally expanding the federal government. Sure, they required a lot of trade offs in things like maintaining segregation but they did unanimously vote on financial regulation, social security, unemployment, expanding military/ federal law agencies, government building projects etc. These are all much more liberal policies than conservative.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   
How I wish I could speak wiht my grandpa now and ask him what he thought about segregation and why he supported the democrat party. All I ever heard him say was that the democrats supported the average working american and that the rich were buying the country when the others were down and that our debt was killing us. But sometimes I wonder if the parties changed. My grandpa was a fairly conservative kind of guy. It always seemed odd to me that he was a democrat.

He was in his 20's during the Great Depression.

I will need to really go back and leanr my history to answer this riddle.
edit on 10-5-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by pierregustavetoutant
It is a hard debate. Simply because liberals tend to be the most close minded, intolerant, ignorant people around. Academia is replete with cowardly authority worshipers(generally always has except for a few rare periods in history).

Where do you even come up with this stuff from?

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Yeah people, Black people can be just as racist if not more compared to everyone else.

I feel no sympathy for their struggle if they act like this.

The jews have had it way worse since the dawn of civilization.

Black people like this just like to complain about everything.

It really makes black people in general look bad.

I am not racist and haven't been brought up to do so.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

Dude your title of this post is the exact opposite of what a majority of americans think. Totally contradictory statement stop with the liberal conservative crap its divisive.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join