It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sex Superbug Could Be 'Worse Than AIDS'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
One of the issues I see is inadequate sex education with young people. Parents don't do their jobs and when teens start having sex (which, whether anyone will admit to or not happens around 14-15 naturally), they are catching and spreading STDs. Thankfully the internet had just started catching on when I became sexually active and so I was able to fully verse myself in the proper practices to reduce risk, not all teens do that however. My parents didn't tell me anything about sex, although my brother told me later our father had a talk with him about it. For some reason it is acceptable to leave women in the dark about sex and I've never understood the reasoning. I would argue that in many cases women are much more likely to have sex at a younger age for the simple reason that the options are more easily available. Do teenage boys have hordes of women that want to be with them at the drop of the hat? Probably not. Do teenage girls have hordes of men that want to have sex with them at the drop of a hat? Yes. Why parents would choose to not educate them properly on safe practices is beyond understanding.

Anyone who says that STDs are a great punishment for the promiscuous people have issues.Either way STDs are a horrible punishment for a natural act (sex), the people punished aren't always the ones who had sex it can be the partner (spouse) and offspring. All around this is scary news and it proves that regardless of whether you are married and think you know your spouse, go for regular checkups and use condoms (male or female condoms) unless you are trying to have children.

edit on 7-5-2013 by LadyofGlass because: typo

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I think I would rather die of gonorrhea than listen to anymore idiots try to tell me life is better with abstinence.

Especially since these same people tell us that god is everything except that which makes you horny...oh right god gives us free choice but decided to create the most powerful form of entrapment we can think of just to send most of us to hell for fun.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Unprotected sex is a great way to transmit disease.

If this does get loose, then people will have to make decisions about their sex life. It's pretty simple really.

Once the word is out, I think that you'll see a lot of people doing a lot more thinking before they jump in the sack with someone they hardly know.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Bzzt. Thanks for playing: news.msn.com...

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
This is sensationalism. The pathogenenicty of this bacteria can be easily overcome with newer antibiotics at high dose. Comparing this bacteria to HIV is not correct. HIV is a virus and mutates and can't be cleared from the body.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by LastStarfighter

You know what higher dose and high degree Antibiotics do right?

Blurry Vision to Blindness, Lows of hearing to Deafness, Multiple digestive issues, and the best one.. another Antibiotic for the bacteria to become immune to.

Pencillin use to be the cure all Antiobiotic, it was abused, then we had to result to one of its branch, like Ampicilin and Erthromycins etc...

Then we have higher degree ones like Methyicillin, and the fmous MRSA, this one already have bunch of severe negative effects, and Vancomycin the next level is even deadlier... and there is already a Vancomycin resistant enteroccus.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
The side effects you relate are not true. I'm just saying they will develop another antibiotic or combine them or give in higher dose for this.

Vancomycin reisistance has been around for a while.

Dont' worry about this too much unless you frequent the prostitutes, seriously. I guarantee this thing isn't a major problem and nothing like HIV.

The problem is that a lot of people with HIV are the same at risk for this gonorrhea, thats the real meat of the story

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by circuitsports

I bet many will argue difference between promiscuous one night stands and the healthier sex life with a trusted partner. You know with people that you know for a while and possibly like/love?

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by LastStarfighter

The repeated use of those will definitely take a toll on the body. Manly due to its misdirected way of eradicating all living things inside your body.

However, my main point was addressing that they can easily make another antibiotic, the strongest one we have is Vancomycin, the next level if they do discover, would have major side effects and higher toll on the body.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Do not sleep around, if you do just be aware of the consequences. I am kinda happy I hung up my promiscuous ways. ease up on the fornication and things will be fine or get married. I wouldnt' worry to much about this unless you are sleeping around.

fornicators.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
You don't take them chronically to treat a gonorrhea infection. Any new antibiotic may have some side effects but they are not life threatening over a short course.

I'm sorry this bug isn't as sensational as you'd like. You should post some stuff about prion disease if you want to get real meaty, its much more hideous with nothing to treat it with.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I hope it doesn't eats through condoms... And that it doesn't spread further if true?

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by LastStarfighter
This is sensationalism. The pathogenenicty of this bacteria can be easily overcome with newer antibiotics at high dose. Comparing this bacteria to HIV is not correct. HIV is a virus and mutates and can't be cleared from the body.

I thought the same thing when i read it.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Yeah, everything's blown out of proportion and sensationalized until you catch it.

We know that bacteria is becoming resistant to the usual meds, so how come people are quick to scoff about this, but take flesh eating bacteria seriously?
Get yourself some herbs and oils now that are antibacterial/antifungal/antiviral. They're out there. I take two types now and haven't gotten ill at all with even a cold for over a year now.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Fruits and vegetables from a grocery store may be contaminated with bacteria. Never eat them, especially when raw. Its not worth the risk!

Meat and fish can contain parasitic worms. Never eat either. Its not worth the risk!

Pets can transmit diseases to humans. Do not keep pets. Its not worth the risk!

Pregnancy complications can be fatal. Do not reproduce, its not worth the risk!

Exposure to sunlight can cause skin disease. Stay indoors at all times. Its not worth the risk!

Automobiles cause thousands of deaths every year. Do not drive. Its not worth the risk!

Accidental electrocutions cause injury and death. Do not use electricity. Its not worth the risk!

Mouth to mouth contact can transmit disease. Never kiss anyone. Its not worth the risk!

Sex can transmit disease. Never have sex. Its not worth the risk!

If you follow these rules you will live forever.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
whoa another engineered genocide disease from our government. What ever they're planning is not going to depopulate the world. Next...

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Slugworth

So, you're trying to tell us in a round about way that putting on a condom is just as important as washing your fruits and vegetables before you eat them and strapping on your seat belt?
You would think it would be that easy for some people, then there are those who think that nothing bad is ever going to happen to them or they just don't have enough self-respect to take the simple, necessary precautions.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

I wasn't actually thinking about it that way. I was trying to mock the pursuit of safety that is a priority for so many.

I used to sell bicycles, and novice cyclists often wanted me to reassure them that mountain or urban cycling are "safe" activities. I wouldn't do it, because they are not safe. Nothing worth doing is safe. I would point out to them that, statistically speaking, they put themselves at a much greater risk of death while driving to the store than they would ever face while cycling.

The risk of injury while cycling is real, but in my opinion it is outweighed by the value of the experience. The whole idea of discouraging a glorious activity with a high probability of mental and physical health benefits because there is also a relatively low probability of injury or death is crazy to me.

You can apply this to nearly anything. Imagine a person who loved a potentially dangerous activity (skiing, rock climbing, aviation, boating, etc) lying there in the hospital, dying of old age. As they reflect on their life are they thinking "gee, I wish I hadn't taken all of those risks. I could have been killed!". Of course not. If anything, they wish they could go out and do it just one more time before they expire.

Sex is no different: A potentially risky activity with mental and physical benefits.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by penninja

Loving? What does sex have to with loving?

Be safe. Masturbate.
Less kids.
Less STD's.
Less drama all the way around, which is good for everybody!
Self love.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ItCameFromOuterSpace

You forgot one:

Less fun.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join