It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas teen points to heavens, gets banned from state championships

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by airbulas
As for the athlete pointing to god, maybe, but I have a strong feeling he was actually referencing their team being number 1, just my opinion. I have seen the number 1 reference regularly.

And I was about to say the same thing, maybe he was just pointing he was number 1...

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by airbulas
I participated and coached in T&F for the past 25 years. Yes, there is no celebration permitted after crossing the finish line. I have seen many teams disqualified for doing so. Is it fair, IMO yes. To make it fair you would have to regulate the amount of celebration. I have seen teams demean others by their victory festivity. I myself put my hands up after winning a race and a meeting was held by coaches to determine if I should have been disqualified.

As for the athlete pointing to god, maybe, but I have a strong feeling he was actually referencing their team being number 1, just my opinion. I have seen the number 1 reference regularly.

What kind of stupid idea is that where you cant celebrate a win?

"I have seen teams demean others by their victory festivity"

What? We're all winners now? NO... face it! I lost sometimes... yea it sucks. But then I won! Take that! in. yo. face. Then I lost... there... in.my.face... Whats wrong? Thats the point of "competing" to be better than others. To win while others lose. To be better than others. I never got scarred for life because of losing or because I got slightly humiliated (
to put it mildly) by another player or team that had just beaten me... it did turn me into a very aggressive competitor...

And you support this?

Bunch of oversensitive butterflies... now you cant celebrate a win? Stupid kids we're raising today... the first time they'll face an "L" will be "F-OFF YER FIRED"... then comes depression and pills... and suicides, yea... nice education you guys are providing them.

Still not being able to celebrate a win so you dont hurt the losers feelings is one of the most stupid and absurd things I've ever heard. To the winners: the spoils. To the losers: did your best, not enough, next time, train harder. See those other guys? See clark kent there? No? Then... They're the proof you can do better.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

It's a stupid rule, I agree. I think kids should be able to celebrate a win. But it IS the rule and everyone knows about it.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by DPrice
reply to post by cass1dy09

Good. Religion has no place in the modern world. Glad to see America finally starting to cotton on.

Have you forgot what it says on the currency in your pocket? Or what the President ends his speech's with?

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by cass1dy09

This shouldn't have anything to do with religion. The rule is "No EXCESSIVE celebration". I don't care if the kid used his full arm to point to the sky

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
So believing in a God and giving him whatever props you feel warranted is excessive celebration? So the guy that grabs his own junk (definitely penis worship) after a touchdown is okay? How the heck does either hurt anyone? Even as an atheist, they did what? Salute "Nothing"....... PC out of control.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Lesott

Derrick Hayes Releases Statement, Admitting it wasn't a Religious Gesture

Derrick Hayes released his own statement, saying:

“Although I am very thankful for all God has given me and blessed me with, on Saturday, April 27, 2013 at the Regional Track Meet in Kingsville, TX, my actions upon winning the 4x100 relay were strictly the thrill of victory. With this being said, I do not feel my religious rights or freedoms were violated.”

His father also took back his original claim.

Originally posted by Lesott
So believing in a God and giving him whatever props you feel warranted is excessive celebration?

"Giving God props" WAS the father's story. There is no rule against religious expression. There is no indication that the decision was made because of any religious expression. Putting one's finger beside the ear and pointing up is far more likely to mean, "We're number one".

And THAT is considered excessive celebration by the rules. We didn't see it, but the officials did.

Giving God props looks more like this:

Or this:

So the guy that grabs his own junk (definitely penis worship) after a touchdown is okay?

No, it's not.
edit on 5/7/2013 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
Unless he was middle fingering, pointing up doesnt disrupt anything. By the way many refer to ET when they point up!

edit on 6-5-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

Yeah...he must have given someone the finger, or made the Nazi Salute. Those are the only two things I could think of that would disqualify the guy.

Pointing to the heavens? What's that all about? Never heard of it, except in the two references I just mentioned.

So, somebody is not telling us everything here.

Pointing to God is no grounds for disqualification. That's misdirection. The real truth is being suppressed.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by cass1dy09

"Officials at Columbus determined that Hayes had violated the excessive celebration rules,"
“He put his hand by his ear and pointed to the heavens,” Hayes’ father, KC Hayes, told KHOU. “It was a reaction. You’re brought up your whole life that God gives you good things, you’re blessed.”

I thought the use of Christianity would still be high in Texas of all places. Quite an outrage imo.

Yahoo Sports
edit on 6-5-2013 by cass1dy09 because: (no reason given)

This event solidifies why Christians should not associate with or engage with non Christians and why the secular, atheist controlled educational system needs to be abolished.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 04:46 AM
link   
The more USA beurocrasy attacks God the more America will go down hill. Religion is no ones business to dictate how people believe or pray or gesture. Academics ,schools,politically correct etc are now tools of the illuminatti. The new world order is happening now. The 4th reich is appearing from the USA.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 05:06 AM
link   
When will children wake up? "Point to heaven" how bout somebody point me towards the pot of gold at the end of the nearest rainbow? According to religious logic i should be rich as long as i believe.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by SQUEALER

The kid has admitted he wasn't "pointing to heaven". It wasn't religious expression.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

reply to post by abbey7777

reply to post by korathin

Originally posted by korathin
This event solidifies why Christians should not associate with or engage with non Christians and why the secular, atheist controlled educational system needs to be abolished.

See above. The kid admitted he wasn't pointing to heaven.

I'm all for Christians keeping their religion to themselves and the fact that so many think the way you do is why. You're so intolerant of those who believe differently, you want them "abolished"... Real Christian-like.

edit on 5/8/2013 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   
WTF people? I am not religious and actually I am anti-religion. However, the issue of celebrating to "ones" God after being successful is FREE SPEECH .nothing more... nothing less ..

this is about controlling public behavior and the nannyisms spreading throughout the US in a planned pattern of control by people who do not embrace freedom but embrace a ideology of control

We are the boiling frog ......

on a side note why doesn't ATS live get a Sibel Edmonds interview?

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

wow, thanks BH, I did not read down the thread very far before I put my foot in my mouth ... I do stand by the fact that banning this and other types of celebratory gestures is nothing more than a creeping plague which will spread to other things .....

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Thanks for the update to the story. Amazing how this turned into a "now you will be forced to be a Muslim" thread.

CJ

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join