It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO pic from ISS

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Waratah

Last night I copied the livestream address from your pic. I enjoyed watching it, but this morning I'm getting nothing but a blue screen. Do you know if nasa only streams at certain times?

Just found a nasa chat. I'm not the only one with blue screen this morning. My suspicious mind is doing somersaults.

edit on 5/5/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   
You could also give it a spin thru Fotoforensics

fotoforensics.com...

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by kloejen

No real need, its blatantly obvious it was not in the original feed just by the pixel difference, its impossible, it cannot happen. A camera runs at a certain amount of pixels, its consistent throughout the entire image/video. If there is a difference, its been added later on.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
it's shopped.

video stream has to be compressed, and because of the way video compression works, you get rather constant amount of details in every single frame. that means that when you see overall blockiness (caused by compression artifacts) of the image, and rather large contrast differences between pixels (proving that video compression was set to provide maximum detail, not maximum smoothness), and one small area, just happening to be supposed ufo, is incredibly smooth and filled with fine gradients, you can be sure it's a fake.

besides, just enlarge the picture and look at the left end of that 'ufo' - you'll notice a square area (as tall as that 'ufo'), defined by a sudden change in brightness and in the amount of detail - the right and bottom edges of that square are the most visible. someone was bluring that part of the image and failed miserably.

epic fail.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by jedi_hamster

I suspect given the amount of time the OP has been away, he is either trying to make something in after effects or he realizes he has been busted and has stepped away from the thread.

Or maybe he is actually looking for the footage lol...either he has been duped by his son, or he was trying to pull a fast one. Either way, this should really be in the HOAX bin by now.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by AmberLeaf

probably.

just a sidenote, when you compare pixel sizes - while i agree that the video in that screenshot was obviously of lower resolution than the 'ufo' pasted on it, you can see in different areas of that image that there are as small pixels/details as possible - just like on that 'ufo'. it's how video compression works, and how video playback works - during compression you can get blockiness/larger pixels when there's not enough bandwidth to accurately represent clearly visible edges, while in case of smoother areas you can get more subtle details - also because of the fact that the video usually gets postprocessed during playback and in result you can get 1-pixel-sized color transitions where original video has 2 or even 3-pixel ones. because of that i wouldn't rely on pixel sizes, but rather on the way details are represented in different areas.

here, because of what compression with limited bandwidth does to a video, it's easy to spot a hoax.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Thanks all for the advice on digital photo analysis -- I'm looking at some images right now of another subject, that needed these tools. Once again. ATS group mind is awesome.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join