It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO pic from ISS

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
This is a frame from a recording taken from the ISS my son was making for
a school project. Not sure what to make of it.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

i.imgur.com...
edit on 4-5-2013 by Waratah because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Interesting :-)

You wouldn't happen to have a link so we can look it up ourselves other than a screenshot?

Thank you for posting.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
it is certainly going to be interesting to read the post response on this one. I'm pretty sure we can rule out ice particles though.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

....or swamp gas

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
seagull mid flight.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
ISS live stream,

Bullet FX tab....deviant art tab...im guessing the school project is to do with image manipulation or something right???

Your image

I can see a couple of problems with this being a real image from the livestream, one being the clarity of the alleged UFO and the other being that the stream has a massive image artifact in it...the real one i mean lol

Thats the live stream now....not only is the iss visible, but there is an artifact to the right, a wiggly line....neither are visible in the image you provided.
edit on 4-5-2013 by AmberLeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
This image wasnt taken recently.Its from last year in November approx.
My son reformatted his pc and said i think you may want to hang on to this pic.

I actually thought it may be a satellite perhaps.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by FrankLY
reply to post by onehuman

....or swamp gas

The really good thing is that is all of the years I've been interested in UFO cases and extra terrestrial beings, I've never heard a single person claim swamp gas as an answer to anything, yet somehow it inevitably pops up in some guffaw interspersed between posts in a thread online. Every. Single. Time. Oh who would be the poor fool who saw sparking methane gas leaving a swamp on a dim twilight summers eve and said "That's not from outer space you hill billies, that's swamp gas."

I laugh so hard I almost give birth. Or is it the chilli pizza. Either way, it's a great one. Those stupid skeeptics.. Swamps gas.. Ahhaha.

Ahem..

I also find it ironic that almost every disc shaped ufo seems to orient itself parallel to the camera man.

Of all the directions to float in indirectionless space, they always get it right - along side the camera man. Some funky technology there, this is certain.

Having said and ranted that, I'll be interested in seeing the original footage, because out of context (was it spinning, twirling, loop de looping, was it coasting along side the cabin, was it coming in fast, zooming out slow, you know, that sort of stuff) it is impossible to tell what it may or may not be.

Don't forget that there is an awful lot of metal up there in all sorts of shapes and sizes. If you're interested in knowing what it might be, as opposed to believing what you want it to be.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by readytorevolt
seagull mid flight.

Oh.. this one I've seen lots of

ahha...

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Waratah
This image wasnt taken recently.Its from last year in November approx.
My son reformatted his pc and said i think you may want to hang on to this pic.

I actually thought it may be a satellite perhaps.

Are you going to make me prove you are making that up? The ufo is added, its got some major flaws when looking at it in photoshop. The pixel sizes are off for starters....the lighting is wrong, its too clear...if he or you are going to try and push hoaxes, at least learn how to remove these inconsistencies!

Fake!

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Go ahead prove it, id like to know what you think it is , as i stated.

Could the fine pixels be due to it fast spinning /moving etc and the large pixels
as you call them be because of the distance and difference in motion the clouds have.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Go ahead prove it, id like to know what you think it is , as i stated.

Could the fine pixels be due to it fast spinning /moving etc and the large pixels
as you call them be because of the distance and difference in motion the clouds have.

No...its added. There are other issues, like the lighting on it, the cut marks, fake blur...frame rate of the iss camera etc etc etc.

If it was fast moving it wouldnt be as clear as it is, there is no way an object passing the camera (set to infinity) would be clearer than the earth behind it. It would be streaked, and you wouldnt see the obviously fake saucer.

Id say good try, but its not lol

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
A silver craft from a galaxy far away with intelligent life forms in it but who are too scared to reveal themselves to humans so need to travel back unfulfilled and will live out the rest of their lives with regret at having gone so far yet couldn't bring themselves to introduce themselves to us!

There... nailed it!

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by AmberLeaf

I will track down the video and you can then make
up your own mind.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Waratah

Yea go for it....though i think you will be looking for a long time.

Maybe talk to your "son" and ask him if he edited it. Chances are you will never find the video...the ISS films 24/7 365 days a year, November has 30 days in it..720 hours of footage, thats if its november, if it turns out to be another month you will have a similar amount of hours to look through. As you said it was fast moving (lol) you will have to watch it in real time......

Quick get after effects out and see what you can do with that...shame the ISS isnt in view, would have made it a lot easier to motion track if that is what you plan on doing. But the major flaw in this is....if you can find it from the NASA archive and you did fake it...you will need to provide a link to the NASA page where you found the video...if you had the video already...why show us the pic???

Id quit whilst you were ahead to be honest. But i look forward to seeing where this will go lol

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
The fact my "son" saved this from something he recorded, shouldnt
make it to hard to track down now should it. No archives to search
through at NASA as you suggest. Ill supply some tissues for that egg
all over your face.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Waratah

i think your "son" is pulling your leg

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   

all over your face.

Why is there no screen recording software running then? If he took the still at the same time as he was allegedly recording there would be something in the task bar showing recording software.......

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 05:42 AM
link   

all over your face.

Don't get the wrong impression, I'm a believer, but you are being defensive and know quite well that you will need the original ISS footage to take the heat off your son and the image he obtained from "somewhere." Finding the footage from a non-NASA source will prove nothing except that he didn't personally do the alteration. It may satisfy you that it was not his doing, but nothing more.

As suggested by some one, quit while you are ahead.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Looks like a UFO from one of those cell phone picture apps.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join