It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We need Jesus

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid

Originally posted by yourmaker
What makes the Viking, Greek or Indian gods any different then Jesus?
In terms of validity they have about the same to me.

You'll have the answer to that question on the day your life ends.

That much I can promise you.

FYI, Odin, Zeus and Indra will NOT be the ones giving you that answer.

How can you not realise that you're completely BSing yourself and others? You can promise nothing, I think you know that.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by backcase

Originally posted by SinMaker
reply to post by backcase

Your going to be just fine OP. Stop worrying so much. Remember the saying, "have faith, will travel".

I am not really worrying, but my mind is sort of lagging from over exertion.

I do not understand what that quote means

I must be old. You never heard that quote before? Have faith, your on the right course, you will end up where your belief put you. Square in the arms of the Lord.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frith
I don't need Jesus at all.

Hell is full of people who USED to agree with you.

If you ever decide to change your mind, watch this:

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by backcase
reply to post by Akragon

You know Akragon, I am not a perfect man, and my words are not faultless but there is one thing that I do know. I know that God is Love and God is the God of All.

That is all that matters to me and I hope to lift spirits in there search for God. All you seem to do is argue. I do not like to argue because I do not have the authority like Jesus does to do so.

I speak for believers and those with open hearts. I speak of the Spirit and in every thread I have I end up falling away from it because people are more concerned with the letter of the law.

Truly, it is not my intention to argue and it always end up unprofitable.

Well I didn't mean to start an argument. I was truly curious as to whether or not I was - being sinful in my propensity to worry. I'd never heard anyone state such a thing before.

I can accept that worry holds back my spiritual growth. Lot's of things hold us back, just one more trait to add to the list of things I'm working on changing about myself.

But, now - I feel bad in continuing to ask about this particular statement. The whole, "Oh woe to me" victim bit. It's been insinuated, that asking such a question, and asking for further clarification - was done in a dubious manner. That offends me. No I'm not Christian - I don't go to church, but I've faith in Christ and Christ's message. So being without the benefit of a priest or preacher, I enjoy learning from Christian's in forum talk and debate. You won't get me into organized religion - I was taught by my grandfather (catholic) and my mother (pagan) it was one of the devil's greatest tricks - tricking man to use God's word to inspire fear, control and separation - which has led to countless, continuous wars and billions of deaths over 2000 years. So I learn of it from the outside looking in, as I was taught. I still have not learned anything - that counters what they told me about organized religion. My grandfather and mother. But I still want to learn about Christ and god from the Christian perspective - without the "your not a believer or subscriber - go away!"

What I'm left with - more times than not - is further confusion and a distinct feeling - I'm not welcome. Simply because I choose to be solitary in my faith, rather than part of a congregation.

Cirque

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint
How can you not realise that you're completely BSing yourself and others? You can promise nothing, I think you know that.

Nah bro...

I wouldn't be so bold.

I do KNOW what I'm talking about.

I speak from EXPERIENCE.

Makes a world of difference.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frith
I don't need Jesus at all.

Hell is full of people who USED to agree with you.

If you ever decide to change your mind, watch this:

How does that help your case in any way? Go to a psychiatric hospital and you'll see people that used to be sane.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Nah bro...

I wouldn't be so bold.

I do KNOW what I'm talking about.

I speak from EXPERIENCE.

Makes a world of difference.

So if I say I KNOW that there is no god and I speak from experience it means I'm right? Cool, case closed. You can't claim to know something that has only existed inside your mind and expect others to believe you without providing any evidence or proof. "I wouldn't be so bold" is a very ironic statement.

I know religion discourages it, but use your brain please.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

Awesome posts Cirque...

I have really enjoyed your posts.

If you can, watch the video I just posted above.

I believe it will answer a lot of your questions.

I just watched it a couple days ago and I was floored by the amount of truth in it.

You appear to be very sincere and one who loves truth.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   

I'm replying to you as a Catholic, and in seriousness. There's more than enough goofiness in this thread already. (Although I did get a chuckle over CirqueDuTruth telling Akragon "You're so funny. You're such a doll." I would have given a nickel to see his reaction.
)

I found a few comments fron average posters on other sites addressing this issue. I hope they help.

Life is full of grey areas and uncertainties. Instead of worrying, simply resolve to seek the advice of a priest as soon as you can.

You can't MORTALLY sin without full knowledge and full consent, which suggest that a sin you're uncertain about is highly unlikely to be mortal, so your mind can be at ease to that extent.

I don't think so much it's a sin to worry as it's fruitless and shows a lack of trust that whatever situation we're in can be used for good. And perhaps a lack of perspective as to the things that really

Try considering it from a different angle. Rather than asking if worrying is a sin, try thinking about what the effect of such worrying has upon oneself or others. Is the worry a loving thing to do? Does the result of it make you a better person or does it prevent you from being a good person? Does it adversely or positively affect other people?

I think that worrying in and of itself is neutral. It's the outcome that matters.

Jesus sweat blood in the garden before He died and He asked His Father if this cup could pass from Him. I'm sure that Jesus had anxiety about His suffering and death. Remember, Jesus was like us in all ways except sin..............

We all worry because of uncertainty, because of sudden changes in our lives and for other reasons. This is normal and not sinful. However, we should put our cares in the hands of God and pray for strength and guidance. We should do this daily, worried or not.

edit on 4-5-2013 by charles1952 because: Bracket problem

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   

im so tired of this idiotic jesus threads, not saying i dont believe however i dont believe in a guy whos name is resembled alot to the name zeus, hope you know everytime you say jesus you're referring to zeus aka satan. Maybe you should do some research on the bible you read as well as what the messiahs true name is and why it was changed. You'll notice big differences as to what your edited book tells you.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Awesome posts Cirque...

I have really enjoyed your posts.

If you can, watch the video I just posted above.

I believe it will answer a lot of your questions.

I just watched it a couple days ago and I was floored by the amount of truth in it.

You appear to be very sincere and one who loves truth.

I have a friend coming over to fix my sound tomorrow. I'll definitely come back and watch it. I've a few things waiting on my subscription list to watch, that I've missed out on.

Thanks,
Cirque

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   

True Christianity is not a religion. It's not about going to church every Sunday and it's not about being a "good" person. True Christianity is having a personal relationship with Jesus. You communicate to Jesus through prayer and He communicates to you through you reading the bible. That's what it's all about. Ask Jesus to make himself real to you and read a few chapters a day in the bible (Read the New Testament to start out with). Let me know if I can be of any help to you.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Arolexion

im so tired of this idiotic jesus threads,
Just to prepare you, there are going to be several people wondering "What are you doing here, then?"

not saying i dont believe however i dont believe in a guy whos name is resembled alot to the name zeus, hope you know everytime you say jesus you're referring to zeus aka satan.
Look at the Zeus myths. Can you find similarities between those and the story of Jesus? I can't find them.

You'll notice big differences as to what your edited book tells you.
Edited? Do you mean changed? The New Testament is the most accurately preserved piece of ancient literature in the world. Or do you mean something else?

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

The Bible has been edited and changed a hell of a lot.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   

What has been edited and changed? Can you give me some examples?

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by kijne

What has been edited and changed? Can you give me some examples?

The history of the Bible is well documented. The Bible as it's known now might not have changed much, but you need to look further in to it's creation.
edit on 4-5-2013 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint

Dear SpearMint,

You might be right, but allow me to explain why I think otherwise.

The fact is that for practically all ancient writings, we no longer have the original manuscripts. We don't have them for the writings of Homer, for Virgil, or for Plato, either. So should we just give up on all ancient writings, say "we don't know what they originally said, so they're of no value to us"? Of course not. While there is no way to determine with 100% certainty what an ancient writing originally said, there are ways to determine how reliable a copy can be considered to be.

The result of studying these factors for the Biblical texts, and comparing them to these factors for other works like those of Homer, Virgil and Plato, tell us something very interesting. There is far, far greater manuscript support for the Biblical texts than there is for any other ancient writing. There isn't even a close second.

As for comparing the different copies, if we do so for the New Testament writings, we find them to be 99.5% similar, with the only differences being primarily in wording (like saying "Christ Jesus" instead of "Jesus Christ"), and not any differences in actual meaning.

kingdavid8.com...

I'd be pleased to know why you think as you do.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   

You're only referring to a small part of it's history though, just the interpretation.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

You do realize fearmongering is not the way to earn new membership into your club, right?

I am beyond religion. It serves no purpose in the modern world other than to prop-up old patriarchal methods of social control with fear and bigotry.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

So you have experienced dying and being judged before being thrown in either heaven or hell? Unless you have, you don't KNOW anything.

edit on 4-5-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join