It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We need Jesus

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Well I feel like those quotes advise against worrying. Anxiousness to me is to worry about the future or the past.

But as far as I know it does not say that worrying is a sin, rather, it is implied. But this is a stupid argument. you know exactly what I am trying to say, but you just have to prove your point.

This is why St. Paul says not to have petty and unprofitable arguments over the law.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by kijne
People are going to worry....even if you are a christian and it is NOT a sin. It's part of human nature. It's what you do with it that makes a difference.

I Peter 5:7 says..."Cast all your cares upon Him (Jesus) for He cares for you."

Jesus wants you to come to Him with all your problems, worries, concerns and anything else that upsets you. He's there to help you with anything that concerns you. For people to say that worrying is a sin is a false statement.

This statement is good. Thank you for this, it is stupid to argue about such a thing when I should have just included it in my OP.

It would have been been better if I stated "worrying is a sin" in a different way, but I did not put much thought into it. I should have explained. I thank you for patching the hole in the garment.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Excuse me but what did I shoot down?

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by backcase

Well I feel like those quotes advise against worrying. Anxiousness to me is to worry about the future or the past.

But as far as I know it does not say that worrying is a sin, rather, it is implied.

Well im afraid its not even implied...

But this is a stupid argument. you know exactly what I am trying to say, but you just have to prove your point.

I do know... you're saying something that isn't true... Worrying is a part of life... its unavoidable...

and yes, I have to prove my point... that is the point of this silly argument....no?

This is why St. Paul says not to have petty and unprofitable arguments over the law.

Interesting that Jesus always had these petty arguments about "the law"...

Shows what paul is good for eh...

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Repent!

Satan and the pink teddy bear love you more than Jesus!!

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   

If I may say, with love, anyone can accept Jesus as their Savior. It doesn't matter who you are or what you have done. All you have to do is believe that Jesus died for your sins and repent. Repent simply means to "turn away". Even after having this heart to heart moment with Jesus people will still sin. Sin is natural, we are human. We have already been forgiven of ALL sins, past, present, future. The difference is that when we really see who Jesus is and what He did for us then we don't want to sin knowingly anymore. However it is a given that we will. God loves us more than we can ever comprehend. And so my dear OP I just worry that when you say to think carefully about whether one is ready to do this - I don't see this as an intimidating or scary decision. Because no matter what God loves us. Jesus died for every one of us and so when God looks at us He sees Jesus in all His perfection.

I am a big worrier. It is human nature. However when I realize that I don't have control over something I hand those problems over to God. If I am able to make a differencein what I am worrying about then I will do so. Our relationship with Jesus is a personal relationship and we will never be perfect while here in our earthly body. So relax and just enjoy your time with Jesus - He is our best friend. And yes He has an incredible sense of humor. I laughed at the Footsteps cartoon. I understand your respect and love for Jesus dear OP but I think you are being too hard on yourself. We have to learn to love ourselves, we are not such evil things to God, we are just imperfect humans and God already fixed that all by providing Jesus as our Saviour.

I hope your personal issues get sorted out. I get the feeling from what I have read that you are under turmoil of some sort. Can you change it? If so go for it. If not, then let God. If it involves your family and you know they will never change then just love them for who they are. They may be more broken than you or I and sometimes they just need love.

Hugs!

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

You know Akragon, I am not a perfect man, and my words are not faultless but there is one thing that I do know. I know that God is Love and God is the God of All.

That is all that matters to me and I hope to lift spirits in there search for God. All you seem to do is argue. I do not like to argue because I do not have the authority like Jesus does to do so.

I speak for believers and those with open hearts. I speak of the Spirit and in every thread I have I end up falling away from it because people are more concerned with the letter of the law.

Truly, it is not my intention to argue and it always end up unprofitable.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Anything and everything that questions your faith. What part of your faith do you struggle with exactly? If you struggle with your faith, that means it must not be very strong.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ccseagull

Thank you for replying.

In my life my worries were always about the end of the world, getting kidnapped, alien abduction and things like that. I agree with what you said and I spoke out of impulse in saying that worrying is a sin. I did not mean it in that way, I meant that worrying can lead to degeneration.

thank you for your concerns, peace to you.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Well a lot of questions towards faith are more ironical than anything. They are more judgmental than understanding. And when I see a question asked which is selective I find it hard to answer, because why answer someone when they will not understand the answer.

There are many people who may ask a question and then they are not satisfied with an answer. Then the ask it again and the get the same answer and call me closed minded.

As for struggling in faith we must all go through trials. Sometimes we choose to be indifferent to God or even to blame Him, but to do what is good is to cling to Him.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by backcase
reply to post by ccseagull

Thank you for replying.

In my life my worries were always about the end of the world, getting kidnapped, alien abduction and things like that. I agree with what you said and I spoke out of impulse in saying that worrying is a sin. I did not mean it in that way, I meant that worrying can lead to degeneration.

thank you for your concerns, peace to you.

Ok I completely understand. When I was a kid my Dad (who I love with all my heart) liked to ram it down our throats that all people are sinful and disgusting and evil and I hated myself, the world, people, and yes Dad loved to tell us that the earth was going to be destroyed and come to an end. I lived with utmost terror that I'd never graduate, never find love, never have a life. Kept waiting and waiting and the horror never occured. He was always preaching that God is a God of anger and a jealous God. One day I realized that because God sent Jesus for our sake because he loves us so much - and I had always adored Jesus - I realized that Jesus comes from God and if Jesus loves us so much then how can God be any different when it was God that gave us Jesus?

Yes I see what you mean about how worry can lead to degeneration. I hope I didn't come across as scolding or that I know any better. Truly each individual's walk is a personal walk and everyone is at different stages. I know you are reaching out to people and trying to open their eyes. One thing I have come to realize is that no one can make anyone see any clearer. Each person comes to God in their own time. But how we live (as an example of Christ) and the words that come out of our mouth are seeds. What you say to someone today might lurk beneath the surface of that person for years and then suddenly may blossom. That's all we can do - live by example. And again, we will stumble and some days outright fail but we just pick ourselves up and dust ourselves off and carry on.

On ATS - ha, ha. I've come to read many posts with disbelief and much sorrow. Those who answer these posts with anger and trying to stir the pot, or those who are hateful - we were all that way at some point in our lives and so if it really bothers us then we can pray for them, as we should be doing anyway. Pray that they find the real Jesus instead of the one they think He is.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

You know Akragon, I am not a perfect man, and my words are not faultless but there is one thing that I do know. I know that God is Love and God is the God of All.

That is all that matters to me and I hope to lift spirits in there search for God. All you seem to do is argue. I do not like to argue because I do not have the authority like Jesus does to do so.

I speak for believers and those with open hearts. I speak of the Spirit and in every thread I have I end up falling away from it because people are more concerned with the letter of the law.

Truly, it is not my intention to argue and it always end up unprofitable.

That's fair... and honest. I like that...

I happen to be good at tackling things that rub me the wrong way about Jesus... im sorry if I come off as argumentative, but someone has to straighten you Christians out

in the end of this discussion the truth came out... that being "worry is NOT a sin"... I call that profitable spiritually... IF you don't agree that's fine too.

No one is perfect... but we try... that's all that matters.

Good chattin with ya my friend...

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
How can people put any type of faith into a supposed 2000 year old son of an eternal being?

Honestly still doesn't make any sense.

What makes the Viking, Greek or Indian gods any different then Jesus?
In terms of validity they have about the same to me.

It still doesn't make any sense to me why people who do not understand Christianity feel an obligation to comment what they think about it and make it seem truth. You judge what you do not know, it is unnecessary.

"make it seem like truth"

You mean like Christianity itself?

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Your going to be just fine OP. Stop worrying so much. Remember the saying, "have faith, will travel".

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I don't need Jesus at all.

Jesus makes everybody I know who is into him a busybody who love to bother other people concerning many aspects of their personal lives and I just would never want to put myself or anybody else through that. Its bad enough that 99% of my family is that way already.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
What makes the Viking, Greek or Indian gods any different then Jesus?
In terms of validity they have about the same to me.

You'll have the answer to that question on the day your life ends.

That much I can promise you.

FYI, Odin, Zeus and Indra will NOT be the ones giving you that answer.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Worrying is an unavoidable thought process/emotion. If you think something is wrong with it then you hate the human race and yourself.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

You'd be hard pressed to convince those that believe in Odin, Zeus, or Indra that they won't.

Sound familiar?
edit on 4-5-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by SinMaker

Your going to be just fine OP. Stop worrying so much. Remember the saying, "have faith, will travel".

I am not really worrying, but my mind is sort of lagging from over exertion.

I do not understand what that quote means

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I think it's much healthier to live your life without delusion and make decisions based on your own morals and ability to think. I feel sorry for people that think they need Jesus.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join