It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We need Jesus

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
For all of you who believe the christian bible is the "Most preserved Book"...
Look up what the catholics did during the Great Crusades, How they changed the christian or should i say its ancient name Messianic scriptures. and how they killed millions who still remembered the true scriptures. Then how they burned all the original books. Wonder why theres so many catholics nowadays? After the crusades the catholics tortured and killed hundreds of thousands(Africans, Europeans and even Asians) into submission to believe in their lies.
It's all written down in history and yet nowadays everyone believes of catholic popes and leaders to be saints, I can assure you they are the biggest demons.

Its funny because most christians disagree and even hate catholics and their opinions but they forget that they're bible is exactly the same as catholics due to the crusades. The only thing different in both books are the 14 apocryphal books.

Instead of dismissing this and all the other posts clearly telling you that you believe in a flawed religion perhaps you should research... WHY? Why do they say that? And stop being so damn ignorant. Ignorance ISN'T Bliss its the number 1 enemy.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
In all my 38 years I have never come across anyone who could convince me why I need religion or Jesus. The entire thing is so completely nonsensical that I find it hard to believe, let alone accept on faith.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by backcase

I don't need Jesus, thank you very much.

How can anyone believe that there is room for religion in any full and happy life? Just seems like a bit of a chore having to dedicate part of your life away from the people you love.

We're all entitled to our opinions though, so keep on believing that we all need Jesus, and not just yourself.

Peace

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaMaa
In all my 38 years I have never come across anyone who could convince me why I need religion or Jesus. The entire thing is so completely nonsensical that I find it hard to believe, let alone accept on faith.

That's fine if that is your choice. But someday you just may need to call on Jesus. Maybe someday a loved one will be sick and will a need a miracle to be made well again..perhaps a child of yours or a spouse or sibling or maybe even yourself. I hope something like that never happens to you but if it did wouldn't it be nice to call on someone who will be able to provide that miracle?

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by MaMaa

reply to post by Thundersmurf

I speak in spirit for those who are spiritual people. Spiritual people understand my words no matter what race or religion.

But all people have religion whether you believe it or not. You may have the cult of your daily life, of your strongest passions. I am trying to strip myself of those because it is like having a piece of lettuce on a pb&j. I don't want that.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by CirqueDeTruth

Well I didn't mean to start an argument. I was truly curious as to whether or not I was - being sinful in my propensity to worry. I'd never heard anyone state such a thing before.

I can accept that worry holds back my spiritual growth. Lot's of things hold us back, just one more trait to add to the list of things I'm working on changing about myself.

But, now - I feel bad in continuing to ask about this particular statement. The whole, "Oh woe to me" victim bit. It's been insinuated, that asking such a question, and asking for further clarification - was done in a dubious manner. That offends me. No I'm not Christian - I don't go to church, but I've faith in Christ and Christ's message. So being without the benefit of a priest or preacher, I enjoy learning from Christian's in forum talk and debate. You won't get me into organized religion - I was taught by my grandfather (catholic) and my mother (pagan) it was one of the devil's greatest tricks - tricking man to use God's word to inspire fear, control and separation - which has led to countless, continuous wars and billions of deaths over 2000 years. So I learn of it from the outside looking in, as I was taught. I still have not learned anything - that counters what they told me about organized religion. My grandfather and mother. But I still want to learn about Christ and god from the Christian perspective - without the "your not a believer or subscriber - go away!"

What I'm left with - more times than not - is further confusion and a distinct feeling - I'm not welcome. Simply because I choose to be solitary in my faith, rather than part of a congregation.

Cirque

I should say now that I am glad you brought up worrying because I like what many of the poster said about it.

When it comes to organized religion I think that people do not really like to experience any of it for themselves and would rather make opinions about it based on what the have heard from others.

I have a solitary prayer life and I go to a catholic church. I love communion and my priest is a very kind man. There is a lot of charity going on and I just feel like people do not want to see the beauty of a spiritual community. Makes me sad, because in church we are not in fear, but we are a family.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

human rights violations
United States of America
Obama Administration
DOD scientists/DARPA/Illegal/nonconsenual human experimentation
mikey weinstein
Dr Jun Chen (DOD research grant),Dr Richard Berk(Precrime),Dr Martha Farah(neurology)university of pittsburgh
Dr. Arati Prabhakar(DARPA),Dr. Geoffrey Ling(DOD),Dr Walter J. Koroshetz(Department of Health and Human Services)
Army Col. Charles Engel, M.P.H., M.D.,Demay psychology pentagon,USPHS Capt. Janet Hawkins, MSW, MPA, Navy
Captain Paul S. Hammer (DCoE),
genocide/murder and assault of adults,babies and children
Drones/satellites/elf-vlf towers/cell towers
equipped with MEDUSA and like technologies
Microwave/electromagnetic radiation (neurological manipulation/torture/rape)
voice to skull (V2K) mental torture/rape
---they are also raping children and adults in jewish synagogues and christian sanctuaries
THIS IS PSYCHOLOGICAL WARFARE AGAINST OUR OWN PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
major general jeffrey jacobs commander army reserve psyops-
lt gen william caldwell, major general jeffrey jacobs army reserve psychological operations
is raping rabbis,preachers,priests,christians,jews, and their children with psychotronic warfare-
drones/satellites and other military equipment-
in their synagogues,cathedrals, and churches....IN THE UNITED STATES
they use v2k(voice to skull) to be the voice of god (the Torah says no man may claim deity!)
the obama administration condones this in the united states-
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electromagnetic_weapon
wired.com/dangerroom/2007/12/the-voice-of-go/
Please contact the aclj/aclu/the hague/the u.n./preachers/teachers/evangelists/rabbis
or anyone who can to stop this blasphemy!!!
Where is our constitutionally protected freedom of religion!

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Thank you Backcase.

I'm very solitary in nature - not just because of experience - but because of the way I was raised. We were kept very closed off from the world. Quite literally. We do as we learn I suppose.

I've been contemplating getting out into society - but I feel safe in my cocoon. It is a major step, I often take huge steps backwards from. I've a complicated history, that I don't much feel like getting into again. Not right now.

But I've very much enjoyed participating in your thread, and was glad to come across it.

Blessings,
Cirque

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Arolexion

I admire the confidence you have in your knowledge, but I'm beginning to get worried. You claimed earlier that

hope you know everytime you say jesus you're referring to zeus aka satan. Maybe you should do some research on the bible you read as well as what the messiahs true name is and why it was changed. You'll notice big differences as to what your edited book tells you.
I asked for some evidence that the Zeus myth was anything like Jesus' story, and that the Bible was significantly changed Messiah's name, or anything was changed, for that matter. I'm still waiting for your answer, I'm sure it will be interesting.

Look up what the catholics did during the Great Crusades, How they changed the christian or should i say its ancient name Messianic scriptures. and how they killed millions who still remembered the true scriptures.
Are we thinking of the same Crusades? Scholars say that between 1 and 9 million were killed and at least half were Christians. The wars were primarily about getting Jerusalem back. And what "True Scriptures" are you talking about? The Koran?

After the crusades the catholics tortured and killed hundreds of thousands(Africans, Europeans and even Asians) into submission to believe in their lies.
If you're talking about the Inquisitions, you are not even remotely, slightly, near accurate. A much better guess is 10,000 or less.

Until we have some solid facts to work from, any discussion is simply an exchange of opinions. As you say:

And stop being so damn ignorant. Ignorance ISN'T Bliss its the number 1 enemy.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   

We must discard the first so that we may adopt the second.
I don't know what this means. Are you proposing becoming a spirit? I'm not.

Are we mistakes that someone made, where we have to "fix" it by becoming something other than what we are? We are flesh as far as having flesh and blood bodies, that's who we are.

I think we are supposed to not do evil. We should pray to God for Him to give us a spirit of goodness in us so that we don't do evil things and instead do good things.

Another way of thinking of "flesh" is by considering how we are mortal, meaning that the fleshly body eventually dies. We need God to help us in overcoming that obstacle, death. This helping is a continuation of the other form of helping that I mentioned earlier.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

I mean that we give up the desire for earthly things for a desire of spiritual things.

We forget hopes of earthly riches and exploit any of our earthly riches for the Eternal Treasure of God.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

scholars? 2 words. Independent Study.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Arolexion

Dear Arolexion,

scholars? 2 words. Independent Study.
As much as I admire your brevity, I must admit that I find it more than a bit cryptic. Are you saying that you disagree with one of my statements? If so, tell me which one. I could easily be wrong and would enjoy learning the truth.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Good idea, Keep that attitude. Cherity, love and creation. Think of life. Plant trees, flowers fruits. Plant them everywhere. Fill the world full of wonderful plants tall and great.

And in spring my favorite month and the month of my birth, They will all bloom for a time making the streets smell sweet.

but in order to escape my wrath. You would need to hold all of these morals. But besides all that and me bursting people into flame. There is an alien fleet surrounding our planet. Controlled and operated by the Illuminati. We humans are at spiritual war, because of the war is for our soul. They will to tap into our dna to unlock the hidden potencial of eternal life from within us. Abducting us, Lying to us. Misguieding us and disindorming us about aliens and history.

But there is nothing i can do right now. Short of someone giving me the flow i need to egypt. Which won't happen. I'm sorry guys but your gunna have to wait till around oct or as soon as i can afford a ticket.

And il show people the truth within darkness. From where the eternal light is hidden.
Severing owl heads, Devouring gods. Rippin reptillians.

Hoot. There's no prophecy. Hoot. Sit down and watch tv. Aliens are stupid anyways
take it from me. an alien owl grey reptillian from the pleiades
HAIL PLEIADES m/ long live the bull.

And thats what this really means.

Herp derp i worship 3 feet tall bald aliens

We think were all egyptian so we do a sideways walk. LOL

^ Owl don't give a flying skunk. Chillin with the homie snakes in the white house. See

WOOPS

herp derp. everyone laughs until they are on an alter and sacrifised.

Hoot no one likes me

edit on 5-5-2013 by CrypticSouthpaw because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Only people who need Jesus are the ones who are too dumb to think for themselves and make moral descisions in their lives.

They need someone else to tell them how to live.

Sheep who cannot think for themselves and often try to convert every other person they meet with the "good word".

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by CrypticSouthpaw

what do you do when you get to egypt?

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by backcase
reply to post by MaMaa

reply to post by Thundersmurf

I speak in spirit for those who are spiritual people. Spiritual people understand my words no matter what race or religion.

But all people have religion whether you believe it or not. You may have the cult of your daily life, of your strongest passions. I am trying to strip myself of those because it is like having a piece of lettuce on a pb&j. I don't want that.

I don't have religion, regardless of what you think. I don't know why all you spiritual goddy folk always seem to insist that the rest of us must have it in our lives. We couldn't care less and the idea of god/religion doesn't even cross our minds until yet another puppet comes along and tries to force it down our throats.

The cult of my daily life? Please, pretend to know me some more. You say you're trying to strip yourself of those as if you're teaching me something; I, like many others, chose to embrace the present instead of living in a world of entertainment, distractions, or ego. All of this without spiritual mumbo jumbo or a 'helping hand from Jesus'.

The only people who NEED Jesus are lonely and broken, and lack the ability to embrace life for what it is.

edit on 5-5-2013 by Thundersmurf because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Something along these lines.
I don't really feel comfortable or safe sitting around waiting for this to happen.

ANNND im done with videos.

edit on 5-5-2013 by CrypticSouthpaw because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Ahhhhh! Is there anything more irritating than Jesus freaks!?

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthEmbassador

any religion that knocks on your door and wakes you up early in the morning.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join