It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Neighbor Nightmare

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   
A couple of years ago we got new neighbors. There is a couple with one child.You never see the husband without a can of beer in his hands. One day he was on crutches with a broken leg. It seems he got into a bar fight and was told never to return there again. Now this guy had re-vamped some remote controlled car thing and plays with it all the time. It's wicked loud and drives everyone crazy.

A month ago, we get more new neighbors, right on the side of us. The woman has 3 children from 3 different fathers, is on welfare, but has money for big parties etc. They have one of those big blow up things where kids go in and jump around in, a big screened in tentlike thingy to sit outside etc. She just bought a load of flowers for the yard. I don't mind anyone on welfare who needs it, but where is she getting money for all these things?

Her kids are screamers and whiners. I used to love to sit outside and do my jewelry work or read a book and relax, now it is impossible. They are out there day and night and now...

Another woman moved into the same house on the first floor. Another loudmouth partier. One day I tried sitting out, it was a gorgeous day and all I could hear was these ladies and their friends talk about their other friends in prison or halfway houses and swearing in front of the kids. Good Lord!

Some other neighbors believe they are drug dealers.

Why can't people be respectul? Why must they be loud and obnoxious? Last year we had neighbors ask the guy with the loud remote car thing to please be quiet as they had a child sleeping. He stopped for a while then wham right back to it.

And kids will be kids, but when they continue screaming at the top of their lungs.....come on!

This isn't helping my stress and anxiety one bit! We used to have quiet, respectful neighbors.

I used to be able to sit in the sunshine and listen to the song birds, now all I hear is swearing and yelling and screaming and whining and...

Anyone else have to put up with crappy neighbors???

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Are you me? No, I know how it feels to live with or around loud mouths. I'm not saying you live with those people. But I have similar experiences. A lot of my family, neighbors, etc. Have real bad addiction to the likes of drugs, alcohol, and similar things. Which results in them living sad lives they could never get out of and only drag others with them. They're loud, bad at managing money; the list can go on for hours. It's sad a lot of people are truly messed up because of their bad habits. I wish we can change all that. But we would need to be miracle workers. Because everything my family has done has little to no help. I guess the best way is lead by example and allow them to realize there is better out there than drugs and alcohol.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Maybe the problem is not with everyone else but is a little closer to home.

It reminds me of a great story maybe you have heard it before it is about the neighbor next door who is always wondering when are you going to cut your grass......as the grass in his yard has gone to seed it is so long.

But I am sure you will find ton of sympathy in this progressive everybody wins world.

edit on 3-5-2013 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   
No, but I live in the desert...my nearest neighbor is about 5 miles away and he's only there half the year.

Don't like it then I guess you should move. Either that or become either more obnoxious than them. Maybe they will get the hint.

Here's what I would do.

Begin shotgun practice every morning at 6 a.m. You can use blanks but make sure its loud and you do it for at least an hour a day.

Next I would buy some pet snakes and make sure your neighbor kids see them. You may happen to mention they escaped next time they are screaming in the tent.

I would buy some fish and leave it out for a few days so the smell drifts around the neighborhood....hopefully you will be so obnoxious they will approach you and you can bargain with them.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Sounds like a nightmare!!

Im lucky i live in the countryside, most of my neighbors are polite and quiet. I dont live in a field or anything, a small town.

I would hate to have loud annoying neighbors, it would drive me insane.

I have a couple of neigbors that can be a bit annoying, but nothing like what you have. One that insists on revving his car outside before driving off, and one who plays loud music in his car. Neither lasts too long, and its not every day.
My closest neighbor sometimes cranks his sound system up, but we are good friends so i have no problem with that...its never late, and it never goes on for hours on end. He texts me to see if its too loud lol

Some people are just scumbags and dont respect others. That seems the case where you are.

Id do what Hopechest suggested haha shotgun practice at 6am haha

edit on 3-5-2013 by AmberLeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Hi Night Star,

I left my husband about 6 months ago and went from a secluded home on an acre of land with so much privacy and quiet, to an apartment building that is bustling with action.

Quite a culture shock. One of my neighbors has a newborn and the sweet thing is always crying. I have two marines that live next door that slam their front door every time they leave. There is another neighbor that has a yappy ass dog, LOL.

I have neighbors above me that I swear to gawd are trying to pound their selves into my apartment by way of my ceiling.

It sounds like you and I need some peace
. Let's do a road trip.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix267

So true. Thank you!

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by SubTruth

Maybe the problem is not with everyone else but is a little closer to home.

It reminds me of a great story maybe you have heard it before it is about the neighbor next door who is always wondering when are you going to cut your grass......as the grass in his yard has gone to seed it is so long.

But I am sure you will find ton of sympathy in this progressive everybody wins world.

edit on 3-5-2013 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

Are you saying the problem isn't them it's me?
I'm a quiet and respectful neighbor. Always have been.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest
No, but I live in the desert...my nearest neighbor is about 5 miles away and he's only there half the year.

Don't like it then I guess you should move. Either that or become either more obnoxious than them. Maybe they will get the hint.

Here's what I would do.

Begin shotgun practice every morning at 6 a.m. You can use blanks but make sure its loud and you do it for at least an hour a day.

Next I would buy some pet snakes and make sure your neighbor kids see them. You may happen to mention they escaped next time they are screaming in the tent.

I would buy some fish and leave it out for a few days so the smell drifts around the neighborhood....hopefully you will be so obnoxious they will approach you and you can bargain with them.

Thanks for the laugh!!!! I really needed that!

I'm just saying hello when I see them, commented on the nice flowers, aside from that, I keep my distance.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by AmberLeaf

I don't have a shotgun and I don't get up that early.
Besides, don't want to annoy the good neighbors.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

Sounds good! How quick can you pack?

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 02:49 AM
link   

LOL. I am on my way

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Perhaps try talking to them and establish a relationship? They may be hard to approach or obnoxious, but despite the gap in demographic you'll find them warm and friendly if you treat them in the manner you would expect to be treated.

The divide between you and them really is minimal, a matter of space, circumstances and time.

Excuse me if that comes across as condescending, by no means my intention.

One thing my grandfather and parent's taught me, value & cherish your neighbours,and like all things, we can't always choose them.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 02:51 AM
link   
I went to live in a quiet country town. It was peaceful for the first few years. Birds chirping, furry animals, cute lizards everywhere.

Then the neighbors from hell invaded. They said they came for the peace and quiet. 250cc trail bikes in the back yards. Exhaust systems - Nah mate, sounds better without them. Drove me nuts. Lasted a while until a vet got POed because they were coming within a few meters of his van.

He opened up one day! Was not aiming for them. Scared the crap out of them. Of course then we had the Police in the town and all the crap that followed. Went quiet for a while then another group moved in for the peace and tranquility, and of course they too had 250cc trail bikes...........

I moved to the suburbs, much quieter.
except for the partially deaf lady who home schools her kids and is often yelling. She is easy to quieten down. I just reply to whatever she is yelling at the kids with, "Yes Mum." She just goes real quiet.

P

ETA Come to think of it, she seems to have received the message, been quiet of late! Talked to her a few times. I did tell her I hoped she didn't mind my sense of humor!
edit on 3/5/2013 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrantedBail

LOL. I am on my way

I'll be waiting!

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bugeisha
Perhaps try talking to them and establish a relationship? They may be hard to approach or obnoxious, but despite the gap in demographic you'll find them warm and friendly if you treat them in the manner you would expect to be treated.

The divide between you and them really is minimal, a matter of space, circumstances and time.

Excuse me if that comes across as condescending, by no means my intention.

One thing my grandfather and parent's taught me, value & cherish your neighbours,and like all things, we can't always choose them.

I tried that years ago when I lived somewhere else. One couple ended up ripping us off. One woman couldn't stand not being with me for one single day! I was stifled. If I missed one day visiting, she would be asking what's wrong, what did she do, am I mad at her etc. Drove me insane! Another couple...the boyfriend beat his girlfriend, the girlfriend would call me non stop night and day about all her problems for hours and never listened to good advice, but the minute I would need someone to talk to, it was, oh can I call you later? Bah!

I have my close friends careully chosen and wouldn't trade them for anything in the world!

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

Glad you can relate!

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Ahaha you haven't had a good run!!

Well that's a doozey, hopefully a solution presents itself...

I have a slightly pesky, particularly overly doting neighbour, who is at that stage in her life where i assume she simply yearns for human contact. Sometimes i can sense that she is simply cooking up an excuse to talk to me, about my front tree, my dog, and other neighbours... the other night I felt a little stifled by her when i was unable to have our usual chat, and i feel i may have brushed her off. Instantly regretted it and hope she understood. Something i'm working on, for what it's worth

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Sounds like a nightmare since I like it quiet too. My neighbor is probably wondering when I'm going to cut my grass. I see he cut some of my grass near his yard. My grass hasn't grown that tall. I might start more routinely cutting it next week. At least he cuts his grass while I'm at work instead of on a weekend morning when I have a chance to sleep in. My past neighbor would wait until the weekend. I still have to put up with super loud birds and the occasional neighbors dog barking. I use ear plugs when I want it quieter. That really takes away a lot of noise since I don't want to lose sleep. I get the kind I can fully insert into my ears so they aren't sticking out. I can still hear my alarm clock or any really loud noise.
edit on 3/5/13 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 03:29 AM
link   

It sounds like you could do with some earplugs.

Though not ideal it may help to dull out those intrusive noises. The more you get annoyed, the more it will annoy you.

I'm sure my elderly neighbour gets up every morning at the crack of dawn, just to go into his garage and hit a bit of metal with a metal hammer for absolutely no reason beyond he likes the noise. What he does in their I've no idea.

With the noise from kids in the back yard 24/7, have you considered getting a Mosquito device.

en.wikipedia.org...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join