New Neighbor Nightmare

page: 2
14
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   
I can definitely relate to this thread. I have had some of the worst neighbors in the world! Even if it looks like this welfare mom has lots of money to blow on parties, I don't think it always exactly works that way. Maybe she is hosting these parties at her location in exchange for drugs/alcohol or whatever. Ultimately, I wouldn't recommend doing anything direct involving her OR the police, especially if you suspect they are involved in drugs. Retaliation is possible with these sorts of people...

I don't recommend doing anything direct or confronting her or any of the other people over there. I have a suggestion for you that I have used in the past. At most pharmacies and department stores you can find silicone ear plugs. If there isn't anything you MUST hear, those can work wonders. The only downside is they can hurt if you shove them in too hard or leave them in for too long. You can still usually hear a lot of high-pitched sounds with the earplugs in (at least in my case). You get used to wearing them after a while. This might make a big enough difference in your life that you can at least have enough peace to read a book in the afternoon!

The last thing I have to say is that these situations usually resolve themselves at some point. Have you seen the cops driving by their property lately? If you have, more than likely they are watching the place for drug and other criminal activity. She, or one of the other key people is bound to get jailed at some point. Another thing with druggies is if they don't have the money to pay the rent, it will be the cops evicting them! Best wishes to you, and I hope this helps.




posted on May, 3 2013 @ 04:35 AM
link   
I love where i live, enough land to be peaceful but still only about 10 mins from
town, every once in a blue moon when the wildlife is being a bit quiet
i can hear my neighbor strumming his guitar, i rather enjoy it though and
in all honesty its darn quiet, very rarely folks on quads can be heard
running around on the back end of our land, too far to cause issues
but still not polite as they have been told to please ask permission first,
most of the neighbors close to us are great people and never bother,
one has chickens he lets roam the roads but growing up in a third
world country i am used to that so its no bother......

These folks your dealing with sound a bit obnoxious to be honest,
i hate rude and impolite people, manners are a must when living
in close quarters and when they are lacking it can be a major
issue, well good luck with your noisy neighbors, maybe they will
move off or learn their lesson.
edit on 3-5-2013 by bloodreviara because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 3 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   
CODY, ROCKY, DOC, BEEZER, HEFF....

Get yourselves over here, this lady needs help?

We are on our way NightStar... *whistles out loud the theme to the A team*

Kindest respects

Rodinus



posted on May, 3 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   
The same neighbors you don't like have similar complaints when their 'hood' gets taken over and rejuvinated by hipsters. Don't judge, talk to em once in a while and be nice. Maybe they will return the favor, never know.



posted on May, 3 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
If it were me I would move some where else that is quite and pretty. Have the relator only show the house early in the morning when the neighbors are quite. Buy a new house in a spot where your house is the fixer upper and fix it up to your idea of beauty. That way if you make a mistake, and have bad neighbors again, you can sell it at a profit. The only way to truely avoid the neighbors is to get a ten acre plot.



posted on May, 3 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I used to live in an apartment complex on the first floor for three years. Never, ever live on the first floor if you want to keep your sanity. The first guy that moved in had a piano who played very poorly. He would play till 10:00PM and the apartment complex let him do it. On top of that, he taught singing lessons. These women could not sing worth a damn, so the combination of bad piano playing and high pitched female vocals was enough to drive you mad.

After him, hell decided to move in upstairs. This "couple" consisted of a 90LB female, her 200LB all muscle abusive boyfriend and their pitbull. As a former victim of physical, emotional, and psychological abuse, I know what it sounds like when a women gets abused by her spouse. I would wake up in the early hours of the morning, and hear this girl screaming for her boyfriend to let her go, because he's hurting her. I would hear banging on the ceiling along with crying and yelling. It was terrible. This would happen at least 3x a week. This girl would run outside to try to run away, and he would call her name from on top of the stairs angrily, and she would go back up like an obedient dog.

I called the cops numerous times and they came, but the girl would say how the dog gave her those bruises, and not her boyfriend. I heard her struggling for air as he choked her, I know it wasn't the dog.

It got so bad one time, I called the cops and told them what was going on above me. She asked me if I knew his license plate number, and I did due to the parking lot being right in front of our _ She pulled up his information, and of course, he had a criminal record. Battery, kidnapping, and drug abuse. So, they came and kicked down the door and arrested him. They were kicked out of the apartment complex and we finally moved out a week later. After that, I will never move into any apartment complex that does background checks on their tenants. I also will never move to anywhere but the top floor.



posted on May, 3 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Nothing ruins life like other people.

Move to as isolated a place as you can manage to. Preferably an area that has no prospects for development.

Here's hoping for a pandemic that wipes them all out.



posted on May, 3 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quyll
I used to live in an apartment complex on the first floor for three years. Never, ever live on the first floor if you want to keep your sanity. The first guy that moved in had a piano who played very poorly. He would play till 10:00PM and the apartment complex let him do it. On top of that, he taught singing lessons. These women could not sing worth a damn, so the combination of bad piano playing and high pitched female vocals was enough to drive you mad.

After him, hell decided to move in upstairs. This "couple" consisted of a 90LB female, her 200LB all muscle abusive boyfriend and their pitbull. As a former victim of physical, emotional, and psychological abuse, I know what it sounds like when a women gets abused by her spouse. I would wake up in the early hours of the morning, and hear this girl screaming for her boyfriend to let her go, because he's hurting her. I would hear banging on the ceiling along with crying and yelling. It was terrible. This would happen at least 3x a week. This girl would run outside to try to run away, and he would call her name from on top of the stairs angrily, and she would go back up like an obedient dog.

I called the cops numerous times and they came, but the girl would say how the dog gave her those bruises, and not her boyfriend. I heard her struggling for air as he choked her, I know it wasn't the dog.

It got so bad one time, I called the cops and told them what was going on above me. She asked me if I knew his license plate number, and I did due to the parking lot being right in front of our _ She pulled up his information, and of course, he had a criminal record. Battery, kidnapping, and drug abuse. So, they came and kicked down the door and arrested him. They were kicked out of the apartment complex and we finally moved out a week later. After that, I will never move into any apartment complex that does background checks on their tenants. I also will never move to anywhere but the top floor.


you should of befriended the lady and gave her support. now she is probably getting beat up else where.



posted on May, 3 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bugeisha
reply to post by Night Star
 


Ahaha you haven't had a good run!!

Well that's a doozey, hopefully a solution presents itself...

I have a slightly pesky, particularly overly doting neighbour, who is at that stage in her life where i assume she simply yearns for human contact. Sometimes i can sense that she is simply cooking up an excuse to talk to me, about my front tree, my dog, and other neighbours... the other night I felt a little stifled by her when i was unable to have our usual chat, and i feel i may have brushed her off. Instantly regretted it and hope she understood. Something i'm working on, for what it's worth


One thing I learned a long time ago is that you can't please all of the people all of the time. We also need a balance in our lives and time for ourselves or we arn't worth crap to ourselves or anyone else.



posted on May, 3 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by orionthehunter
Sounds like a nightmare since I like it quiet too. My neighbor is probably wondering when I'm going to cut my grass. I see he cut some of my grass near his yard. My grass hasn't grown that tall. I might start more routinely cutting it next week. At least he cuts his grass while I'm at work instead of on a weekend morning when I have a chance to sleep in. My past neighbor would wait until the weekend. I still have to put up with super loud birds and the occasional neighbors dog barking. I use ear plugs when I want it quieter. That really takes away a lot of noise since I don't want to lose sleep. I get the kind I can fully insert into my ears so they aren't sticking out. I can still hear my alarm clock or any really loud noise.
edit on 3/5/13 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)


We have a bunch of dogs in our neighborhood but most are pretty quiet. We have a couple of barkers, but they don't last long and quiet down soon enough.



posted on May, 3 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Hey there Night Star,
I have my share of obnoxious Rhode Island neighbors as well, but mine dont wake up until around 11 pm. With that being said, if you need to run away for awhile and get a little peace, I have a very nice garden that sits on a full lot here in providence. It is pretty quiet in the daytime.lol You can come watch it grow with me if you'd like while you are waiting for the super hereos to show up!
We have chatted before, Feel free to message me if you'd like... yig~



posted on May, 3 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tykonos
reply to post by Night Star
 


It sounds like you could do with some earplugs.


Though not ideal it may help to dull out those intrusive noises. The more you get annoyed, the more it will annoy you.

I'm sure my elderly neighbour gets up every morning at the crack of dawn, just to go into his garage and hit a bit of metal with a metal hammer for absolutely no reason beyond he likes the noise. What he does in their I've no idea.

With the noise from kids in the back yard 24/7, have you considered getting a Mosquito device.

en.wikipedia.org...




I hate earplugs. I'll just have to suffer through. Mosquito device?? Will it zap the kids?



posted on May, 3 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by InFriNiTee
I can definitely relate to this thread. I have had some of the worst neighbors in the world! Even if it looks like this welfare mom has lots of money to blow on parties, I don't think it always exactly works that way. Maybe she is hosting these parties at her location in exchange for drugs/alcohol or whatever. Ultimately, I wouldn't recommend doing anything direct involving her OR the police, especially if you suspect they are involved in drugs. Retaliation is possible with these sorts of people...

I don't recommend doing anything direct or confronting her or any of the other people over there. I have a suggestion for you that I have used in the past. At most pharmacies and department stores you can find silicone ear plugs. If there isn't anything you MUST hear, those can work wonders. The only downside is they can hurt if you shove them in too hard or leave them in for too long. You can still usually hear a lot of high-pitched sounds with the earplugs in (at least in my case). You get used to wearing them after a while. This might make a big enough difference in your life that you can at least have enough peace to read a book in the afternoon!

The last thing I have to say is that these situations usually resolve themselves at some point. Have you seen the cops driving by their property lately? If you have, more than likely they are watching the place for drug and other criminal activity. She, or one of the other key people is bound to get jailed at some point. Another thing with druggies is if they don't have the money to pay the rent, it will be the cops evicting them! Best wishes to you, and I hope this helps.


Like I have mentioned earlier in the thread, I just say Hi and keep my distance. I have no intentions of getting chummie with them. They don't have to worry about paying rent, it's paid for them.



posted on May, 3 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by bloodreviara
I love where i live, enough land to be peaceful but still only about 10 mins from
town, every once in a blue moon when the wildlife is being a bit quiet
i can hear my neighbor strumming his guitar, i rather enjoy it though and
in all honesty its darn quiet, very rarely folks on quads can be heard
running around on the back end of our land, too far to cause issues
but still not polite as they have been told to please ask permission first,
most of the neighbors close to us are great people and never bother,
one has chickens he lets roam the roads but growing up in a third
world country i am used to that so its no bother......

These folks your dealing with sound a bit obnoxious to be honest,
i hate rude and impolite people, manners are a must when living
in close quarters and when they are lacking it can be a major
issue, well good luck with your noisy neighbors, maybe they will
move off or learn their lesson.
edit on 3-5-2013 by bloodreviara because: (no reason given)


Sounds nice where you are. I would love to see chickens walking by. LOL



posted on May, 3 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rodinus
CODY, ROCKY, DOC, BEEZER, HEFF....

Get yourselves over here, this lady needs help?

We are on our way NightStar... *whistles out loud the theme to the A team*

Kindest respects

Rodinus


Thanks Honey!



posted on May, 3 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star
 



New Neighbor Nightmare,
Oh I am so sorry for your distress.

But there might be a solution.

You can buy a pet.

Like this one....


neveryetmelted.com...

He can stay tied to a tree with a 30 feet long and a very thick chain all day and also he can have his daily walk in the park.

But I guess then you will be very alone in the entire neighborhood.
edit on 3-5-2013 by piequal3because14 because: add



posted on May, 3 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by oniraug
The same neighbors you don't like have similar complaints when their 'hood' gets taken over and rejuvinated by hipsters. Don't judge, talk to em once in a while and be nice. Maybe they will return the favor, never know.


I have had similar neighbors years ago in another area. One couple ripped us off, others were stifling and wanted your attention constantly. I was drained and never had time to myself at all. I have a few close friends and that works out perfectly for me. I know I can trust them, count on them and they can do the same with me.



posted on May, 3 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star

Originally posted by oniraug
The same neighbors you don't like have similar complaints when their 'hood' gets taken over and rejuvinated by hipsters. Don't judge, talk to em once in a while and be nice. Maybe they will return the favor, never know.


I have had similar neighbors years ago in another area. One couple ripped us off, others were stifling and wanted your attention constantly. I was drained and never had time to myself at all. I have a few close friends and that works out perfectly for me. I know I can trust them, count on them and they can do the same with me.


Stifling??

Hot And Stuffy??



posted on May, 3 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by frugal
If it were me I would move some where else that is quite and pretty. Have the relator only show the house early in the morning when the neighbors are quite. Buy a new house in a spot where your house is the fixer upper and fix it up to your idea of beauty. That way if you make a mistake, and have bad neighbors again, you can sell it at a profit. The only way to truely avoid the neighbors is to get a ten acre plot.


I don't own this house, my elderly Mother does. It is an apartment building. I have no income right now, just savings and will be soon fighting for disibility because of health issues. My husband will be leaving me after 32 years. So....I can't afford to do much right now.

No one should have to move away from their own home because of disrespectful people.



posted on May, 3 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by amraks
 


I helped her enough by calling the cops and having that guy arrested. The last thing I wanted was to befriend someone who's boyfriend beat them up and could have easily done the same to me. I lived right below them. Common sense said to stay out of it and help from the fringes undetected.

Hopefully the girl will be smart enough now to not get mixed up with abusive guys.





new topics
top topics
 
14
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join