It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FDA suspends license of Johnson & Johnson

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   

www.niticentral.com

Food and Drug Administration (FDA), the apex body for food and drug products, reportedly suspended the license of Johnson & Johnson...

As per the reports, the order was issued in a case dating back to 2007 when residues of carcinogenic substances were found in 15 batches of Johnson & Johnson baby powder. And later it was found out that the residue was found because that the talcum powder was sterilised by ethylene oxide which is carcinogenic and irritant.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Why does it seem as if the FDA has Johnson and Johnson in their cross hairs? I never hear, ever of seemingly blatant corrupt multinational corporations (Monsanto/Pfizer) having their licenses suspended. I would have thought that a fine is all that the FDA would have been looking for.

Also there are absolutely no MSM outlets carrying this story that I can find, if anyone can verify this or debunk it great

As per the reports, the order will become effective from 24 June.

(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 2-5-2013 by Phayte because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   

edit on 2-5-2013 by Phayte because: double post

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
seems that J&J aren't keeping up their protection payments or are refusing to pay them all together... Sad for them, they do make good products and are striving for a green footprint.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I think they are an openly Christian company.Not too popular with the progs

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
How an outfit like J&J doesnt use gamma sterilization, is a real eye opener. Wasn't it Bayer that was shipping out aspirin or something to that effect that was infected by HIV/AIDS?

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phayte
Also there are absolutely no MSM outlets carrying this story that I can find, if anyone can verify this or debunk it great

From your article:

As per a report in Newindianexpress, Kamlesh B Shende, FDA joint commissioner (drugs), said

Googling that guy's name returns multiple copies of that story, along with this:

Over 2,000 chemists of Retail and Dispensing Chemists of Association (RDCA) and Pharmacutical Wholesales Association (PWA) gathered to address their grievances to the minister of state for FDA, Satej Patil on Monday.

The FDA started a drive to ensure that a pharmacist is present in every medical store and if it was adhering to the rulebook and ensuring that patients, who are buying medicines, are properly counselled.

Kamlesh B. Shende, joint commissioner (drugs), Greater Mumbai, said, “We are conducting this drive so that, patients, who buy medicines are counselled well.” (Source)

Given that the US Food and Drug Administration does not have Commissioners from Mumbai, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that, if this story is true, it is the Indian FDA, not American, that is doing something, which also explains why the American media isn't covering it.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

newindianexpress.com/nation/FDA-suspends-JJ-Licence/2013/04/25/article1560077.ece

The Maharashtra Food and Drug Administration (FDA) ...

(...)

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
FDA in India has cancelled their license...not the USFDA. That should clear up some confusion. The Maharashrta FDA in India suspended Johnson & Johnson's license in India for the carcinogens.

newindianexpress.com...
www.mumbaimirror.com...

Ahhhh, you beat me by a couple minutes wujo of the long nick.
Glad to see it!

edit on 2/5/13 by WhiteAlice because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavtrooper7

Perhaps that is why they don't care if the Indian babies being subjected to their products get healthy doses of toxic carcinogens.

CJ

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
This report stems from an incident that happened in India in 2007

in which 15 batches of Johnson & Johnson baby powder manufactured at a plant in Mulund (a suburb of Mumbai), India, were found to have been sterilized with ethylene oxide (an irritant and potential carcinogen) without having been subjected to appropriate post-testing to determine whether the amount of ethylene oxide residue left in the product was within acceptable limits.

... and all internal safety protocols were followed to ensure that safety of the consumer was not compromised. In addition, we have ascertained that there were no complaints or unexpected/undesirable effects reported concerning any of the batches in question.

Nobody was injured as a result.

Sources:

Jog, Sanjay. "J&J's Licence for Cosmetics at Mulund Plant Cancelled."
Busines s Standard. 25 April 2013.

Shelar, Jyoti. "J&J's Licence to Make Cosmetics Cancelled."
Pune Mirror. 28 April 2013.

"Johnson & Johnson has lost its license to sell cosmetics."
Snopes.com

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

Dear ColoradoJens,

Good to see you're still posting, but this most recent one is a bit below your normal standards.

Perhaps that is why they don't care if the Indian babies being subjected to their products get healthy doses of toxic carcinogens.
That sounds like an unsupported general attack on a particular religion with an extraordinarily vicious claim. I suppose you were trying for humor, but it struck me rather unpleasantly.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Hi Charles1952. Sorry if I offended you. I thought my response was as silly as the poster's to whom I quoted.
The Indian FDA is not attacking J&J because of their religious beliefs. No one in their right mind believes J&J is poisoning Indian babies because of their beliefs. I suppose the attempt to point out the absurdity of the original post I quoted was lost in translation.

CJ
edit on 2-5-2013 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

Dear ColoradoJens,

Thank you for clearing things up for me. I have a constant fear (because it happens to me nearly every day) that what I write doesn't convey my meaning. Blast this internet thingy. I wonder how many fights are started here because of misinterpretation? Is this all a net plus or net minus? I don't know.

But I am relieved because of the basic level of respect I have for you and your work. Thanks again.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Johnson and Johnson is probably one of the better Pharma companies. Maybe they are a little too honest and the other companies want them gone.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Phayte

If you look at political PAC spending, Johnson and Johnson is one of the rare corporations that donated more money to Republicans than Democrats.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I remember them saying THC was found in their shampoos too. (Mother's baby's were testing positive for THC)

I think it was just moms using Cannabis, which is their right as individuals. No one has ever died from it anyways.

What was weird is they targeted J&J for the baby's testing positive.

So they have been in their cross hairs for awhile now.

top topics

join