It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Key to Eternal Youth Found!!!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
It would be great to have even just another 100 years to learn what it is to be alive.

People who are going on about over-population, I disagree. I would reckon the UK is probably has one of the largest populations to size of land in the world (maybe?), yet only something like 3% of the land has been populated/urbanised.

That leaves 97% to grow food and raise cattle.

The population would have to grow significantly to even make a small dent.
edit on 14/5/13 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

Yea i love numbers to...IF they are valid...
What % of the world is INHABITABLE.
Like Sahara Desert, Gobi Desert, Northpole, Southpole.
And i mean today, not in 200 years. In 200 years IF
we manage to roote out money, then yes...We could
turn the Sahara into a florishing forest...

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Miccey

There is so much of the world uninhabited that isn't in them areas though, I used the UK as a good example, think how small it is, and yet 60 million people only take up only 3% of that land. With the exception of mountains, most of that 97% is habitable. Ok, you would have to take into consideration wildlife and forests etc etc..but still, plenty of space.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Korg Trinity
i would also like to address the comment about wanting to live long as being selfish?? how can this be selfish?? it's not like I am taking anything away from anyone else to live long.

Most people attach a negative emotional response to the word 'selfish'.

I prefer Ayn Rands 'rational self-interest'.

The fact is, *everyone* is selfish, always, whether they know it or not, and that is the way it should always be - selfishness is the only truly rational way for anyone to lead their lives.

The question is, what motivates you?

If helping others gives you pleasure, then when you engage in acts of helping others, you are engaging in acts of *selfishness*, they just happen to benefit others as well as yourself.

What is evil is the concept that someone else owes you something.

If you do not take care of yourself, first and foremost, then who will? And if you don't take care of yourself, who will care for your family?

What most people actually mean when they say 'selfish', is 'irrational greed'.

new topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join