It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Key to Eternal Youth Found!!!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by Korg Trinity

Nope.. not saying that at all... Quite the opposite in fact.. your negatives are all about the individual staying the same while everything else changes.

I am simply stating that all things will change and adapt. Nothing will remain static.

And I am simply stating that anyone who wants to stay young forever is already young and therefore has no idea what it means to be old. And if you are old and want to be young again forever, then you have some serious appreciation issues. Why is it some people want to live forever and others have no problem with dying?
edit on 11-5-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

So you think that having a physical young body means you would act like a kid??

This doesn't make sense does it.

Just because your body remains to be young doesn't mean your mind remains to be childish.

The more time that would go by the more you would learn and the more wise you would become.

Don't you see that?

Korg.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Just because your body remains to be young doesn't mean your mind remains to be childish.

The more time that would go by the more you would learn and the more wise you would become.

Don't you see that?

And eventually you'd be ready to die, but your body wouldn't be even close.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Don't you see that?

And eventually you'd be ready to die, but your body wouldn't be even close.

This is the idea I have a problem with.

Death is oblivion... you simply do not exist. How can anyone be ready for that or choose that over life?

Korg.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Death is oblivion... you simply do not exist. How can anyone be ready for that or choose that over life?

Because when we're alive, we're not really living anyway.

“The paradox of our time in history is that we have taller buildings but
shorter tempers, wider Freeways, but narrower viewpoints. We spend more,
but have less, we buy more, but enjoy less. We have bigger houses and
smaller families, more conveniences, but less time. We have more degrees
but less sense, more knowledge, but less judgment, more experts, yet more
problems, more medicine, but less wellness.

We drink too much, smoke too much, spend too recklessly, laugh too little,
drive too fast, get too angry, stay up too late, get up too tired, read too
little, watch TV too much, and pray too seldom. We have multiplied our
possessions, but reduced our values. We talk too much, love too seldom, and
hate too often.

We've learned how to make a living, but not a life. We've added years to
life not life to years. We've been all the way to the moon and back, but
have trouble crossing the street to meet a new neighbor. We conquered outer
space but not inner space. We've done larger things, but not better things.

We've cleaned up the air, but polluted the soul. We've conquered the atom,
but not our prejudice. We write more, but learn less. We plan more, but
accomplish less. We've learned to rush, but not to wait. We build more
computers to hold more information, to produce more copies than ever, but we
communicate less and less.

These are the times of fast foods and slow digestion, big men and small
character, steep profits and shallow relationships.

These are the days of two incomes but more divorce, fancier houses, but
broken homes. These are days of quick trips, disposable diapers, throwaway
morality, one night stands, overweight bodies, and pills that do everything
from cheer, to quiet, to kill. It is a time when there is much in the
showroom window and nothing in the stockroom. A time when technology can
bring this letter to you, and a time when you can choose either to share
this insight, or to just hit delete...

Remember, to spend some time with your loved ones, because they are not
going to be around forever. Remember, say a kind word to someone who looks
up to you in awe, because that little person soon will grow up and leave
your side.

Remember, to give a warm hug to the one next to you, because that is the
only treasure you can give with your heart and it doesn't cost a cent.

Remember, to say, "I love you" to your partner and your loved ones, but most
of all mean it. A kiss and an embrace will mend hurt when it comes from
deep inside of you.

Remember to hold hands and cherish the moment for someday that person might
not be there again. Give time to love, give time to speak! And give time to
share the precious thoughts in your mind.” - Bob Moorehead

You talking about being oblivion...about how death is so terrible compared to being alive. That's pretty funny when all the while you're enjoying life, you clearly are oblivious to the suffering that has become a lifestyle in half the world. A lot of those people are glad to be dying. It means they don't have to be hungry, afraid, aching, mourning, running, hiding, fighting, vomiting, or praying useless prayers anymore.

The only reason you enjoy being alive is because you know only a tiny fraction of what life on Earth is like. And you don't seem to realize that.
edit on 11-5-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   

The more time goes by, the more your body would age--irreplaceable cartilage, teeth, brain cells--even if somehow telomere shortening were eliminated. Gravity, friction, virus, radiation--all will have their effects on your tissues.
--
Without death, we can not have births---and the joys of childhood and youth exceed the joys of old age.

Spiritual immortality would be tolerable--if we have become worthy spirits. Such is the promise of some religious teachings.

Perhaps one sign of acquisition of a worthy spirit is elimination of the fear of death.
edit on 11-5-2013 by MuzzleBreak because: spelling

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   

You talking about being oblivion...about how death is so terrible compared to being alive. That's pretty funny when all the while you're enjoying life, you clearly are oblivious to the suffering that has become a lifestyle in half the world. A lot of those people are glad to be dying. It means they don't have to be hungry, afraid, aching, mourning, running, hiding, fighting, vomiting, or praying useless prayers anymore.

I'm talking about giving people a choice and if they choose oblivion over life then that's fine, I don't have a problem with that at all.

But just because there are people out there that would prefer to not exist doesn't mean those of us who see life for all that it is and all that it could be should also follow them into nothingness.

Korg.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by MuzzleBreak

The more time goes by, the more your body would age--irreplaceable cartilage, teeth, brain cells--even if somehow telomere shortening were eliminated. Gravity, friction, virus, radiation--all will have their effects on your tissues.
--
Without death, we can not have births---and the joys of childhood and youth exceed the joys of old age.

Spiritual immortality would be tolerable--if we have become worthy spirits. Such is the promise of some religious teachings.

Perhaps one sign of acquisition of a worthy spirit is elimination of the fear of death.
edit on 11-5-2013 by MuzzleBreak because: spelling

What you are talking about is environmental factors... what I am talking about is allowing our bodies to regenerate and recover the damage it undergoes through living.

To replace damaged cells with young new ones.

For your body to replenish and repair itself almost indefinably. Sound like science fiction but believe me it is a very real possibility.

Korg.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   

But just because there are people out there that would prefer to not exist doesn't mean those of us who see life for all that it is and all that it could be should also follow them into nothingness.

I'm done discussing this with you. You're afraid of death because you haven't lived yet. I get it. Why don't you go get a list of the most crime-rampant countries in the world, spend a few years in each of them, and if you're alive when you come out, tell me how you feel about life in general. You like being alive because you haven't done anything with your life. You've seen nothing, done nothing, you are a peon compared to the thousands of men and women who have suffered the various cruelties this world and its inhabitants have to offer. You express the jovial enthusiasm of a child who has yet to witness the barbaric sadism the world can so easily unleash upon itself.

Go ahead. Visit those countries. Spend some time getting to know the worst of what this world has to offer. Then go and experience the best. Then go back to the worst. Then go back to the best. Keep doing that for a few centuries. See how you feel. Not only will the worst get old, so will the best. You will look for something new only to discover that the world has been retracing its old steps for thousands and thousands of years. Same old concepts, same old inventions, different look and different place by difference faces.

And that's when you realize that the people who live a really long time, are only living long enough to watch civilization gobble itself up and crap out a naive new one again and again.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   

I'm done discussing this with you. You're afraid of death because you haven't lived yet. I get it. Why don't you go get a list of the most crime-rampant countries in the world, spend a few years in each of them, and if you're alive when you come out, tell me how you feel about life in general.

I'm a 39 year old father of 3. I have traveled all over the place. I loved in Japan for one year. traveled all over Asia including the Philippines, hong kong, south korea, Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand. I have been all over Europe too... I haven't done the states but will get around to it I'm sure.

I've seen things most people wouldn't believe...

How do I feel... great to be alive, thankful for what I have and a deep thirst for more life.

Afraid of death... not at all.... death is nothingness... I would not exist so would know nothing as there would be no me to contemplate so why should I be afraid of it??

What I am is afraid to loose life, that's something entirely different!!

Korg.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   

I'm done discussing this with you. You're afraid of death because you haven't lived yet. I get it. Why don't you go get a list of the most crime-rampant countries in the world, spend a few years in each of them, and if you're alive when you come out, tell me how you feel about life in general. You like being alive because you haven't done anything with your life. You've seen nothing, done nothing, you are a peon compared to the thousands of men and women who have suffered the various cruelties this world and its inhabitants have to offer. You express the jovial enthusiasm of a child who has yet to witness the barbaric sadism the world can so easily unleash upon itself.

Go ahead. Visit those countries. Spend some time getting to know the worst of what this world has to offer. Then go and experience the best. Then go back to the worst. Then go back to the best. Keep doing that for a few centuries. See how you feel. Not only will the worst get old, so will the best. You will look for something new only to discover that the world has been retracing its old steps for thousands and thousands of years. Same old concepts, same old inventions, different look and different place by difference faces.

And that's when you realize that the people who live a really long time, are only living long enough to watch civilization gobble itself up and crap out a naive new one again and again.

AI, thats some wierd ideas about living and being ALIVE.
Its so saaad...

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Korg Trinity

Korg.

No one knows with 100% certainty what death is like, not scientists and not NDE survivors. Each group has totally different views yet believe the other is wrong. The truth is we won't know until we are dead, and if you cease to exist then you won't know anything. If you cease to exist then no matter how much time you spend living, none of it will matter once your dead and you would be none the wiser. The only certainty is death itself, even if you lived for eternity that won't stop you from having an accident one day or experiencing an extinction level event.

There is also no certainty you will go to heaven and you could end up in hell, which makes living a better alternative. For the spiritual and religious it may provide time to mend their ways or become enlightened. I really don't understand atheists who believe they will cease to exist, if that is the case why do they continue living? as soon as they are dead it will be like none of it existed in the first place.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Miccey

Its so saaad...

No, that's my idea of being immortal. Not being alive. There's a difference. If you're immortal, you're not technically alive because you're incapable of dying.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Afraid of death... not at all.... death is nothingness... I would not exist so would know nothing as there would be no me to contemplate so why should I be afraid of it??

What I am is afraid to loose life, that's something entirely different!!

You mentioned having children, correct?

"Our death is not an end if we can live on in our children and the younger generation. For they are us, our bodies are only wilted leaves on the tree of life." - Albert Einstein

While we may differ in opinion on this matter, I still respect you, and I leave you with the above quote in the hopes that in time, you will understand what I'm saying and perhaps embrace the inevitable in time to make peace with the law of entropy as it affects you personally.

Clearly we will not agree at this point in time, and I've said my piece and you yours, so I guess it's time to set the matter down until we both can come back at a later date and reevaluate.

edit on 13-5-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
The hypothalamus controls the body temperature. the lower the body temperature to a certain point the lower the metabolism, the lower the metabolism the longer you can live. A person who has a 97 body temperature can live a lot longer if their genetics is already in place, this cannot be effectively changed in one generation. The lower metabolism means that the telomeres don't degrade as fast.

That is why they are trying to tell people to eat more antioxidants. They are wrong though, along with lower metabolism comes a lot of problems. I have this lower body temperature, I know quite a bit about the problems associated with it and have spent a lot of time trying to figure out how to keep from having negative effects that can kill you or make your life a living hell. The people messing with this have not got a clue as to how this works. Only if you have this lower temperature and you are aware of the exact complications can you get a longer life without having a longer miserable life. I have been working on isolating the problems and haven't actually been able yet to figure out how to fix the problems associated with this cool body syndrome. We make good customers for the doctors if we do not know how to eat.

I'll let your great grandchildren know in a hundred years if I have succeeded in figuring this out. Then in three hundred years maybe I will finally decide to go back to school again to get a degree.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   

reply to post by Miccey

Its so saaad...

No, that's my idea of being immortal. Not being alive. There's a difference. If you're immortal, you're not technically alive because you're incapable of dying.

And thats fine with me, you have "your" idea of things, i have mine..
And these questions are so far to philosophical theorys there
cant ever be a definite TRUTH..You and no one else cant possibly
define to ME what´s like to "be alive", or what it´s like to be "imortal".
Ever.

And if we are spinning this like god, life after and things like that,
im sorry but you cant, and i mean really CANT, KNOW whats
after, what WILL be.....You can have hope, but thats it....

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eonnn

Korg.

No one knows with 100% certainty what death is like, not scientists and not NDE survivors. Each group has totally different views yet believe the other is wrong. The truth is we won't know until we are dead, and if you cease to exist then you won't know anything. If you cease to exist then no matter how much time you spend living, none of it will matter once your dead and you would be none the wiser. The only certainty is death itself, even if you lived for eternity that won't stop you from having an accident one day or experiencing an extinction level event.

The easiest way to define and visualize what it is to be dead is to try and visualize what it was before you were born,

I can say with 100% certainty that I didn't exist, there was no me to count the time I didn't exist so total nothingness.

It is true that the longer you live the chances increase of as I said earlier a death by either misadventure or some other violent end. But I would gladly sacrifice a quite easy death for a whole lot more life!!

I've not seen anything that couldn't be explained by logical reasoning concerning NDE and those that contend to the existence of an afterlife. I've not felt the hand of god or seen his supposed work in nature.

There is zero evidence to suggest that humans have a soul and even those that believe cannot define exactly what they mean when talking about their souls.

I really don't understand atheists who believe they will cease to exist, if that is the case why do they continue living?

I don't follow your logic and you don't appear to be following mine.

We continue to live because we believe that that is all there is.

as soon as they are dead it will be like none of it existed in the first place.

Yes you are right. For the dead there is no knowing and that includes knowing about being alive since there is no you anymore to contemplate anything.

But for those that are alive even after your death, your actions can have great influence. This is the meaning of Einsteins quote in the post a few above this one.

But wouldn't it better to continue to live and influence reality than to be not a part of reality anymore??

Korg.

edit on 13-5-2013 by Korg Trinity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Yes you are right. For the dead there is no knowing and that includes knowing about being alive since there is no you anymore to contemplate anything.

None of us actually know that. Who here can say that they have been really and truly dead for any substantial amount of time? Who can say they were dead and not simply in some between state?

None of us know for a fact that what you say above is true.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   

None of us actually know that. Who here can say that they have been really and truly dead for any substantial amount of time? Who can say they were dead and not simply in some between state?

None of us know for a fact that what you say above is true.

But everyone here can say that they were born... and that there was nothingness before being alive.... strongest case to visualize what it is like to be dead.

This evidence against what religion has to tell you with zero scientific or any shred of tangible evidence to back it up. Not even a thought experiment such as the before you were born to visualize a so called afterlife.

See what I'm getting at.

Usually the simplest answer is the truth wouldn't you say?? What is more likely nothingness after death or some heaven like place where all your dreams are realized??

Korg.

Korg.
edit on 13-5-2013 by Korg Trinity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   

The easiest way to define and visualize what it is to be dead is to try and visualize what it was before you were born,

I can say with 100% certainty that I didn't exist, there was no me to count the time I didn't exist so total nothingness.

It is true that the longer you live the chances increase of as I said earlier a death by either misadventure or some other violent end. But I would gladly sacrifice a quite easy death for a whole lot more life!!

I've not seen anything that couldn't be explained by logical reasoning concerning NDE and those that contend to the existence of an afterlife. I've not felt the hand of god or seen his supposed work in nature.

There is zero evidence to suggest that humans have a soul and even those that believe cannot define exactly what they mean when talking about their souls.

I actually have a memory from before birth, and there have been cases where others have too. Some in which children have known countless details about their previous lives which were later confirmed to be correct, things they couldn't possibly have known. It's also possible to see these things through meditation and past life regression, including your DNA memory/lineage which I have also seen. There are also numerous cases of NDE's where people have come back with details they couldn't possibly have known. The conversations doctors had while in surgery, seeing a pair of shoes on the hospital roof, and blind people seeing for the first time. I'd also like to point out that you could be a new soul so you can't define death by what happened (or rather didn't happen) before birth. When people are knocked out unconscious or drink so much they can't remember anything there is a blank void of nothingness yet they were still alive. Just because you can't remember anything doesn't mean you weren't existing.

Most closed-minded people won't accept this or explore it because it doesn't fit their belief system. The reason closed-minded people don't have any experiences of god, the soul or supernatural phenomenon is because they are not open to it, their belief limits their perception which means they perceive less and only perceive things which fit their belief system. I was like this once but curiosity got the better of me and I started diving into the occult, astral projection and altered states of consciousness. What I experienced could not be explained rationally or logically and threw that whole belief system out the window.

I'm not saying science is wrong but it can't explain all these things yet. It probably will one day and these things we thought were illogical will become logical, verifiable and explainable. It only seems illogical now because science can't validate it to be true but I'm sure in time they will. They will realise there is life after death and understand it scientifically.

I really don't understand atheists who believe they will cease to exist, if that is the case why do they continue living?

I don't follow your logic and you don't appear to be following mine.

We continue to live because we believe that that is all there is.

as soon as they are dead it will be like none of it existed in the first place.

But for those that are alive even after your death, your actions can have great influence. This is the meaning of Einsteins quote in the post a few above this one.

But wouldn't it better to continue to live and influence reality than to be not a part of reality anymore??

Korg.

Whats it matter if you influenced reality in some way? once your dead it won't matter and will have never mattered. You may as well quit life right now because nothing will matter once your dead. You won't remember anything, you won't be aware of anything so why continue living? your going to die anyway may as well end it now if you won't be aware of the life you lived.
edit on 14-5-2013 by Eonnn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
It would be great to have even just another 100 years to learn what it is to be alive.

People who are going on about over-population, I disagree. I would reckon the UK is probably has one of the largest populations to size of land in the world (maybe?), yet only something like 3% of the land has been populated/urbanised.

That leaves 97% to grow food and raise cattle.

The population would have to grow significantly to even make a small dent.
edit on 14/5/13 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join