It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Key to Eternal Youth Found!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on May, 2 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I have over the last 15 years been researching the concepts associated with human longevity, from the science to the social aspects to the logistics of humans living longer.

I have listened to the likes of Aubrey De Grey and others whom have long held the belief and voiced it that we will all live a lot longer in the future.

De grey once famously stated that the first person to live beyond 1000 is alive today and is already 60....

I have looked at all solutions, most of which have involved gene therapy or to ingest some forms of antioxidants or calorie restriction to trying to keep the telomeres from degrading...

All these solutions appear to have negative implications physically from cancer causing to degrading quality of life.

I was beginning to loose my dream of living beyond 80, (I'm 39 as I write this) until that is until I read this article...

Is this the key to eternal youth? Scientists find the brain region that controls ageing - paving the way to turn back the clock

For generations, we have tried, and failed, to find the key to eternal youth.

But scientists think they may now be one step closer to unlocking the secret.

New research has found that a single region of the brain may control the ageing process.

Researchers believe that the hypothalamus – the area of the brain which controls hunger, thirst, body temperature and fatigue - may be the ‘fountain of ageing’, controlling how the body declines over time.

They say they have discovered a specific age-related signalling pathway which opens up new strategies for combating diseases of old age and extending lifespan.

Senior author Professor Dongsheng Cai, at Albert Einstein College of Medicine in the United States, said: ‘Scientists have long wondered whether ageing occurs independently in the body's various tissues or if it could be actively regulated by an organ in the body.

‘It's clear from our study that many aspects of ageing are controlled by the hypothalamus.

The article states the following

Signal pathway in the hypothalamus controls ageing throughout the body
Signalling can be altered to slow ageing process and increase longevity
Hormone made in the hypothalamus also slows ageing so injecting it into mice increases their lifespan

What has been shown to be true in mice is normally true in man.

I get the feeling that we are well and truly onto something this time...

Your thoughts on this subject and exciting new are welcomed.

Peace,

Korg.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Ageing is just one way body tissues tend toward decreased function and death.

Other things (cartilage in joints, enamel on teeth) just wear down.

Atherosclerosis of arteries can lead to death, dysfunction of any body part.

Toxin accumulation/exposure over time will kill your kidneys and liver.

Cancers will develop from multiple potential causes.

Trauma happens.

Auto-immune destruction occurs.

Infectious processes take hold.

Telomere protection won't prevent any of the above. Nobody is gonna live to 130, much less 1000 yo.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Korg Trinity

Only the very wealthy elite will be allowed to extend their lifespan in their gated and guarded communities.

The rest of us will only suffer in the coming dystopian future,
with the world rapidly slipping into being polluted, constant wars, starvation, etc.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Taking this at face value. There are those involved in administering this planet, who have far too great of an interest in depleting its population, to allow the masses access to anything like this. IF this is true, and is perfected. Only "special" people will ever have access to it.

Great find. But I suspect this will fade away, and be forgotten by the common people.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
This will not slow the aging process. Only make us 'appear' younger and more resilient to free-radicals.

Our bodies will still decay from non-optimal energy transfer.

Resistance to our natural process of decay is obtained through supplements contain monoatomic gold, silver .. ruthenium, rhodium, palladium, osmium, iridium, and platinum.

It increases our bodies energy transfer potential and lessens the decay of the process. That simple.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Dunno anything about the science behind the aging process, but it would be awesome to be able to live super-long, IMO.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Gosh what a lot of negative comments... though I am not surprised.

Often when talking to people about living much longer they seem to not want to live longer... when asked why they tend to say they are tired.... or something to that effect.

I love life and I want to stay alive for as long as I can.

What the article is suggesting is that there is a single mechanism that triggers the downward spiral of old age.

Immortality is possible and does exist on this planet... in the form of a jelly fish called a Turritopsis nutricula. This animal can become an adult and then revert back to a youth indefinitely.

Granted it doesn’t' have anywhere near the complexity of a human body but it does have cells and dna and it does eat and defecate and reproduce... all of the things that are supposed to cause irreparable damage as pointed out in the above post.

I'm stating that the old 'we wear out like a rust old car' argument doesn't stand up when you consider the rejuvenating power of the Turritopsis nutricula.

As for the argument of it will be the rich or the elite only argument.... if this article can find it's way onto the internet then so can the actual research. Internet is our freedom.

Korg.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Who would seriously want to live for 1000 years?

And to have to buy into BIG pharma to achieve this? Good luck with all that!!

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cobaltic1978

O.k....

Let me chalenge you there...

Exactly why wouldn't you want to live for 1000 years???

Do you desire death??

Korg.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Screw eternal youth. If you're that worried about it, you have bigger problems than growing old.
edit on 2-5-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Korg Trinity

O.k....

Do you desire death??

Korg.

Not particularly, but 1000 years?

All those years of working for the man making some other person rich, while you struggle throughout. When would you retire?

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
Screw eternal youth. If you're that worried about it, you have bigger problems than growing old.
edit on 2-5-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

Clarify?

Not sure what you mean....

Looks like Most of you want to die.... I guess it says something about the lives people live.

Stop for one second and think bigger, think beyond yourself.

Think what it would be like if einstein was still around or for that matter newton or or or.... how much further on we would be...

I like to think that the negatives the wasters and the do nothings would choose to do something with thier lives if they had more time to develop themselves.

Korg.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Korg Trinity

O.k....

Do you desire death??

Korg.

Not particularly, but 1000 years?

All those years of working for the man making some other person rich, while you struggle throughout. When would you retire?

How about this... you study for 100 years learn enough to know that money means nothing and life even though extended is what is important.

And yep 1000 years... geeze give me 2 or 3 or imortality please...

I live by a code of doing the greater good regardless of self. If I had 1000 years.... all the good I could do. and yes there is the opposite side to that coin, but that is human nature.

Korg.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Korg Trinity

"I'm stating that the old 'we wear out like a rust old car' argument doesn't stand up when you consider the rejuvenating power of the Turritopsis nutricula." Quote KT

...yes, that old self-fulfilling, bodies break down self hypnotism...

I dont know about this new research (sounds interesting) but studies in TM, for one have shown remarkable results...the 'information' in genes appears to be able to be altered (sometimes almost instantly) to reflect thought patterns ('we wear out like rusted old cars')...this has got to do with more than some vacuous positive thinking...
All the bodys' cells which contain the information necessary for the body to operate, are totally replaced after a year...if the same information is passed on to the replacement cells (through the process of validation of 'we wear out like rusted old cars')...guess what?!...the new cells retain the old instruction...

A99

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by akushla99

Exactamundo!!

At last someone who understands. Seems like we are in the minority here.

Korg.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Star for you...

But there is the contrary aspect, if people did manage to extend life, imagine the effect it would have in many other issues (some would get worst other better). For example nature preservation and pollution would get a bump in priority...

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
The idea of being able to live significantly longer is an attractive one.
I would sign up for that immediately.

However, I see problems with overpopulation.
Our current lifespan, which has already increased significantly in the last century, is partly to blame.
The more people we have walking around, the more we are wearing this planet out.
Unless we stop making babies, we really can't afford to live longer than 120.

I'm just being boringly practical at the mo.
Sorry.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by z00mster
The idea of being able to live significantly longer is an attractive one.
I would sign up for that immediately.

However, I see problems with overpopulation.
Our current lifespan, which has already increased significantly in the last century, is partly to blame.
The more people we have walking around, the more we are wearing this planet out.
Unless we stop making babies, we really can't afford to live longer than 120.

I'm just being boringly practical at the mo.
Sorry.

Not boringly practical, more realistic I say.

Eternal life or the desire to live for 1000 years is borne out of being a fundamentaly selfish person. If you think life should revolve around you, then yes of course you would want this. Instead of just accepting your own fate and embracing life in the moment, some people are constantly on the look out to extend their existence. Life is life!!

Overpopulation and finite resources will put paid to this dream I feel.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Korg Trinity - based on your screen name, I'm sure you've heard Ray Kurzweil's "Singularity" theory.

I was watching the Ray Kurzweil documentary Transcendent Man on Netflix about a year ago, and I remember him saying something along the lines of 'scientists will have figured out how to eliminate the aging gene within the next 20 years or so...'

I always ask people if they'd like to live to a hundred.... a hundred twenty... two hundred... I always get the same response... "why would I want to be a shriveled up old person?"... but when I throw out the idea of science helping with the aging problem, that's when I reiterate my question: If science allowed you to live passed a hundred, would you?'... they still say "no"!

WTF?

I can't possibly be the only one who wants to live for 500 years!

I'm gonna have to really read your post Korg Trinity --- I'm absolutely fascinated by this as well!

Ess and Eff to you buddy!

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
never mind someone beat me to it
edit on 5/2/2013 by ANOK because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join