It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time for the ultimate 'Tin foil hat' Discussion. Place them on, now.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Ok, your anticipated by the title. Well,i'm going to make this simple,this isn't news with a source nor is it a terrible prediction. It's more or less something to pickle your brain over.

NOW,I noticed lately that facebook is actually terrible for moderation of the site. It's out of control am i correct? The other day, a video popped up with 2 guys getting they're heads cut off. A simple 'WTF' is in order here.

KIDS use facebook. Now surely one, if not the biggest, social site in the world would have great moderation to it.

But i feel like it's just a piece of the puzzle board. Here it goes in simplistic terms.

*places on tin foil hat*

Just like other things, they want it to go out of control, they know people won't leave facebook, it's like leaving youtube, twitter or even google. So they leave it out of control until people have had enough forcing facebook to create some 'changes and moderations' which people will instantly except and lead onto a better Facebook.

Such as 'terms and conditions' or just the instant changes they do without your consent (i have noticed) they will then use the out of control site as a weapon to place security on facebook. Pretty much throwing out the quotation 'Order out of chaos'.

Like most policies, throw something out of control, the people turn to the government for help, the government then apply whatever to keep the people happy with 'extras' thrown in. Wouldn't surprise me if facebook is the same. What i mean is, facebook is the most useful site for data collection. Considering for the last year or so they keep trying to push internet 'security' by allowing use of your data (which they pretty much do already) They put you in a situation where you have 2 choices. Leave facebook, or accept the fact that your data is allowed to be used to stop all this bizzare stuff being thrown onto facebook. Such as the following:

User:Man, so much crap on here now. I really wish Facebook would sort out this, i mean, 2 guys getting they're heads cut off. WTF facebook!

Facebook:Sup brah, would you like us to change the moderation?

User: Do whatever it takes, my kids are on here. This has to stop.

Facebook: For safety reasons, we'll take everyones data so if anything such as that will be placed on there and send it to the U.S government so we can minimize such things. When we do this, we'll need as much data as possible to track down these people. Are you ok with this?

User: Sure,whatever!Just make Facebook safe!

Facebook:Sure...

I see that pattern in all forms of politics and a lot of 'false flags' too.

People:Look at the twin towers!Government, were on your side,do what needs to be done to keep us safe...anything.

Summery:

I feel like all these little actions over the last few years are so subtle but heading for something 'big' should i say.
I mean,lets face it,when you have all the money in the world,next thing you turn to is..power right?the power of control?

Thoughts?

Those that 'mock' the post shouldn't bother posting at all. I'm intrigued by the idea, because of it's plausibility..

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
How does stuff get on your Facebook page without:
1) YOU "liked" a site
2) YOU FRIENDED someone who posted it, or
3) YOUR " friend " put it on your page???

Posts my miscellaneous idiots do not automatically make it to your page.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Winged-Sphinx

So I believe facebook tracks what you look at or what they think you may be interested in...just like on ATS I can go search for some stuff on Amazon and to my amazement it's showing up on ATS advertisement...devils

Did you just see without any explanation two people having their heads cut off or was it advertisement for a game that you may be playing that is similar in nature like walking dead or some other facebook community game?

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   

My $.02

FB has grown faster than it can manage itself. I don’t think it would knowingly allow content like that because it would open the company up to lawsuits.

Also, FB has every right to censor it's site just as ATS does, so there is no need to go extreme so that people ask for censorship. If they wanted to do it they could...today.

edit on 1-5-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
It isn't beyond the government to use any means to their advantage.

How do you control a society?
"Bread and Circuses" comes to mind, but with a twist.
Using our need for social connection to create a problem/solution to generate political direction and control.
While we thank them in the process.

Could be...

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
This is a great post! Excellent way to put a very real issue into perspective for those who don't think the government, coorperations, etc would ever purposely allow people (including children) to be harmed for the sake of the opportunity that would then arise to push an agenda.

I tip my tin foil hat to you

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Not a crazy idea at all. Sure they let things get out of control just so people will accept anything.

I see this happening right now with the banking crisis, housing and jobs.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ConstantConfusion3

Oh my goodness...you are all brainwashed into thinking we are being brainwashed...it's advertising for gods sake..has nothing to do with a plan to crash society...come on people...

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
sure. for me, you are right on cue. nothing to be done about it, though, it seems. use it, overshare, have your data collected, and when it's right we'll pump what we can into your ol' 'puter and have our way with you.....and your neighbors will say how glad they are you're gone. (well , maybe some won't. maybe some will just hide behind their doors and thank god no one came for them yet.)

This isn't new. This is the Fema Sector #________ you live in.
Oh, almost forgot, OP, what I wanted to post more than anything in reply to your title, was the whole tinfoil hat thing...check it out....just makes it all worse. That's been googleable long before google. So if you're not adding to the disinfo, well then, add to real info....so all those poor folks will give up on the tinfoil thing.

Did you miss camp, or what? They gave you a slip when they took the tag off your ear, but then again, they did that memory thing to a lot of folks, maybe that's what you're missing
Sorry. Couldn't resist. But this truly is the way I feel every day.
Good luck.
edit on 1-5-2013 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I don't do facebook so I don't know how it works. My wife uses facebook and she tells me what others are up to. It is a good way to keep in touch I guess and pass interesting stuff around.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrismarco
reply to post by ConstantConfusion3

Oh my goodness...you are all brainwashed into thinking we are being brainwashed...it's advertising for gods sake..has nothing to do with a plan to crash society...come on people...

LOLLOL

you are brainwashed into thinking others are thinking they are being brainwashed, which is just as brainwashing as anything. You know the worst, your brain still isn't fri433ging clean, yet.....only when the "state" decides it is, whichever state that happens to be......

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by MuzzleBreak

1. Most things are 'suggested pages' nowadays. you don't really get a choice. But placed subtly so it doesn't piss you off to an enough extent for you to leave,but enough to gel in.

2. Well, like most things on facebook, things pop up what your friends like or share. So i will always see it. Regardless whether that 1 friend had posted/shared/liked it or whatever,still 'quite a few' more people on facebook who would have seen it through these circumstances.

3. Refer to 2.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by tetra50

I'm not brainwashed...I don't think the government bombed the marathon, I didn't think the end of the world was 2012 and I don't think aliens will be saving our planet if there is a nuclear war...I do think the government is directed by private corporations and no conspiracy needed there but to think that there is some nefarious scheme going on in facebook to desensitize us through violent images...laughable..

And seeing that I am a member on this site and have been for sometime we need the tinfoil reference now and then because everybody needs to be grounded from time to time...those who sat in their bunkers because of some prophecy deserve the crown as a card carrying tinfoil hat wearing individual...
edit on 1-5-2013 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismarco

Why wouldn't you think the government bombed the marathon? This site is based on reasoning. I would prefer an answer to that.

But then again,considering you just said:

.I do think the government is directed by private corporations

That alone,my friend, is based on conspiracy. You need conspiracy,it's the only way that people create critical thinking. You obviously to not understand the power that facebook has.

It feels like your the typical 'sit back in my chair,watch the world go by' kinda guy.

Question everything,now matter how stupid.

Otherwise you'll just sit in that chair forever with the same perspective..

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Once you join fb you can never leave. I closed my account years ago and my family still has my profile in their contacts which tells me that fb never deletes your accounts even when they say to you that your account has been closed. I wish that now I never had a fb account.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sk8ergrl
Once you join fb you can never leave. I closed my account years ago and my family still has my profile in their contacts which tells me that fb never deletes your accounts even when they say to you that your account has been closed. I wish that now I never had a fb account.

I feel the same way. I read they archive all your posts, pics and messages for an indefinite amount of time.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   

for some this site is based on reasoning but for most it's a knee jerk reaction to star and flag anyone who believes a conspiracy is afoot such as the marathon bombing or a plane going down in some other country..just like some people cannot live without office gossip many on here cannot live with the idea of a conspiracy around every corner.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   

The old "give them enough rope and they will hang themselves" came to mind while reading your post.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by synnergy

Yes and fb will be having more data storage places around the world to cope with world-wide users. Facebook was a test from the start to get people to share their id and comments about everyday problems. The government has lots of black projects called social media and they will use any means to gather that data from you. Look at these smart tv's that are connected to the internet 24/7 while spying on you and your friends via the built-in webcam that you can't even see if its remotely activated due to no led indication. I have also noticed that all laptops nowadays has no way to tell if your webcam is on when your connected to the www. Very scary indeed, they have tried for so long to gain access to peoples homes for surveillance and now we have handed it to them on a plate in the name of future technology.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I want to reply to this thread with a little story. It may seem off-topic, but bear with me as it is relevant.

I had a neighbor, and older gentleman who used to purchase nothing but used cars although he had obscene amounts of money. As I got a bit older, I asked him (his name was Sam) "Sam, why do you never buy a nice brand new car?" He replied to me "because I let other people find out what's wrong with it first!"

Well, in what seems like a global pandemic "Ive got to have the newest; Ive got to have the greatest; I've got to subscribe to every new service because its way cool" mindset, what people aren't doing, is letting the more professional amongst us, find out what IS wrong with these services, gadgets, and toys, before they are actually being used by the populace. Unintended consequences.

For those worried about "cameras turning themselves on" without your authority, I will tell you, knowing much about data and data streams, these companies are not about to re-invent the wheel with respect to how video data is transmitted. With that firmly in mind, there are (admittedly low-level geek stuff) several tell-tale signs to video actually BEING transmitted, as well as a recourse for if it were to ACTUALLY happen. It's all about getting yourself informed and doing some homework. A packet sniffer is absolutely your best friend if you think data that you NEVER intended to go out, actually IS going out. A packet sniffer, to keep things on a simple level, will allow you to view the contents of network "packets" being received and sent from a particular IP and MAC address. Video, in this case, will travel in structured packets and always have a particular header indicating that it IS video. So, you don't need LED's or any visual cues to find out if you are being watched. Also, keeping in mind that these companies are NOT going to re-invent the wheel, traditionally video transmission is EXTREMELY bandwidth hungry. If you are that worried about it, prudence would suggest that you keep a watchful eye on your WAN indicator light on your router. If it is flashing almost non-stop quickly, 3 things then are highly likely: That you are correct about your video, that there is a trojan virus on one or more of your devices that are sucking up bandwidth, or a LOT of people are using your internet connection at once. The recourse? Simply block the offending outgoing port(s) on your firewall that allow the transmission of that video (or other undesirable) data.

Yes, keeping yourself safe and feeling secure is a hard job, and a geeky one at that. But in this world; in this day and age, is it not worth it? Then again, the quote comes to mind "In a world where ignorance is bliss, it is folly to be wise".
edit on 2-5-2013 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

top topics

join