It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Boston police take three Boston Marathon bombing suspects into custody

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by butcherguy

Originally posted by butcherguy
Trouble is, when do we decide the stories are believable?

I think each person has to apply their own logic and do the best we can. I still haven't decided concretely that the brothers did this, so I may never feel like I know the truth.

They are getting help from various sources....they've been semi-suspects from the start....no rush to judgement on my part. They are all so young...at my age, they are like babies....

Yerlan Kubashev with the Consulate General for Kazakhstan in New York confirmed in a statement to Fox News that the consulate is helping the young men with legal representation.

Kubashev said the two men are “shocked at the bombings,” and “they express sorrow to the bombing victims and their families.”

Attorney Robert G. Stahl confirmed to Fox News he is representing Kadyrbayev in an upcoming immigration hearing.

"He’s a 19-year-old with student visa problems, and he may or may not be returned to Kazakhstan," Stahl said.

Fox News' Catherine Herridge contributed to this report.

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

Des

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Thank you everyone for the posts and the information so far as it keeps coming in

I agree with everyone who is saying that reports will be fast, furious and in droves (well droves in a crowd sense not a crowd of ppl) lol. It seems that even now as I posted on the first page that they are already flooding in. Just so many things don't seem right to me about this. I'm still trying to get over the whole twitter thing. A bit of a recap.

On the Friday the 19th that all of this was going down reports came in that the younger Tsarnev was tweeting while on the run. This account was quickly deemed fake. Anonymous (vehemently I may add) tweeted that his twitter account was one which simply posted not much else besides european soccer scores back (through the winter is as far as I looked) and spent a good bit of time that day defending it as original and claiming that the one which is now known as his was not. I re tweeted their link to his and made a comment on it In the ever lengthy Boston bombing thread that day, it was overlooked than a day or two later when I commented on it again and someone concurred to looking at it as well. However it has been erased and only a tweet was left on it. Now did he perhaps have two? Why was everything scrubbed from the one I thought was original. I am not quite sure and perhaps this is nothing at all it just strikes me as odd and seems that we may have witnessed things being rewritten to fit a story. Anonymous removed all of their tweets defending the page as well which again I thought odd.

Sorry for rambling but i just thought this may carry some weight as things being manipulated and changed on a whim. Just a thought and something to look out for. If anyone has interest I can post links to my quotes and the pages later (at work now) but all in all they may not have much to do with this thread at all.

That is all

Trowa

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
WCVB TV News reporting that suspects #3, #4, and #5 are being transported to the Boston Federal Courthouse for a hearing.....

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
From what I understand so far...the 3 people being held and questioned...may be charged with (obstruction of justice); they may have gotten rid of some evidence (after the fact) of the young man that is still alive; and is being charged with the Boston bombings.

I do get the feeling that whoever these 3 young people are; they are probably going to do time in prison.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
From what I understand so far...the 3 people being held and questioned...may be charged with (obstruction of justice); they may have gotten rid of some evidence (after the fact) of the young man that is still alive; and is being charged with the Boston bombings.

I do get the feeling that whoever these 3 young people are; they are probably going to do time in prison.

Total prison time, for sure. If one of my friends had asked me to help him throw away a bag of fireworks after a major terrorist bombing just took place, i would be suspicous. First of all, who needs help throwing away things. I have never required assistance with garbage. And just the mention of a backpack with fireworks in it seems odd. Those things plus "terrorista" plates = jail time. This whole story reeks to high heaven and im lost as to what to believe anymore.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I don't think it is going to turn out to be the big conspiracy everyone is hoping for.

I think this will turn out to be 3 kids thinking they were helping out their friend because they probably trusted him when he said he didn't do it. When questioned about if they saw him or where he was, they probably said they had no information.

From what I'm hearing, it doesn't sound like these kids were directly involved...just lied to police to try to protect their friend (which should be a lesson to everyone...don't lie to police).

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by LogicGrind

From what I'm hearing, it doesn't sound like these kids were directly involved...just lied to police to try to protect their friend (which should be a lesson to everyone...don't lie to police).

They lied to the FBI; and that is one of the reasons they may do time in prison.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Trouble is, when do we decide the stories are believable?

I think each person has to apply their own logic and do the best we can. I still haven't decided concretely that the brothers did this, so I may never feel like I know the truth.

I agree.
There are still a lot of unanswered questions in many peoples minds regarding the JFK assassination and that was nearly 50 years ago!

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   

They lied to the FBI; and that is one of the reasons they may do time in prison.

Yep, if they did that then they royally screwed up.

It doesn't matter if they truly had no involvement, you don't lie to the feds.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
It was all in this thread. I got a lot of flak from A LOT of you that we were accusing the wrong guy. Had people tell me it was on the car because of the Harlem Shake, that they were Spanish Pirates....

Just we here broke the news about mom...

Link

I mean, the license plate meant Number One terrorist!!!! If you hang with the wrong people, you will get burned but maybe they are chasing the money?
edit on 1-5-2013 by esdad71 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
It was all in this thread. I got a lot of flak from A LOT of you that we were accusing the wrong guy. Had people tell me it was on the car because of the Harlem Shake, that they were Spanish Pirates....

Just we here broke the news about mom...

Link

I mean, the license plate meant Number One terrorist!!!! If you hang with the wrong people, you will get burned but maybe they are chasing the money?

Yes, another poster had said that it was because they were street racers.
Terrorist seems to fit!

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

If they are involved...what a dumb license plate to buy for his buddy.....

The Kazakh Foreign Ministry said Monday night that U.S. authorities came across the two while searching for "possible links and contacts" to Tsarnaev, a sophomore at the university. U.S. immigration officials have declined to discuss the reasons why the men were detained.

John Hoey, an assistant chancellor at UMass Dartmouth, said Kadyrbayev is no longer enrolled; he was last a student in the fall. Tazhayakov is enrolled.

The pair had lived at an off-campus apartment in New Bedford, about 60 miles south of Boston, and got around in a car registered to Kadyrbayev with a souvenir plate that says "Terrorista (hash)1." The car was pictured on Tsarnaev's Twitter feed in March.

That plate was just a joke gift from some of Kadyrbayev's friends, meant to invoke his penchant for late-night partying rather than his political sentiments, Stahl said.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Des

Des,
I am compelled again to point out that this licence plate has nothing whatsoever to do with "terrorism". I can just imagine these kids explaining it to their lawyer the way kids might try to explain something like this to their grandparents i.e. "it's just a joke grandma". It is genuinely a reference to a club remix that has become very popular in the club dance scene called "Harlem Shake".

Penny

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by pennylemon

I am compelled again to point out that this licence plate has nothing whatsoever to do with "terrorism". I can just imagine these kids explaining it to their lawyer the way kids might try to explain something like this to their grandparents i.e. "it's just a joke grandma". It is genuinely a reference to a club remix that has become very popular in the club dance scene called "Harlem Shake".

I need to ask, pennylemon:
How can you be so certain?
Do you know any of these characters personally?

link   
Three more arrests and still no link to the Tea Party as many were originally hoping for.
Sucks being the MSM.

link   

My point exactly.
Uh, so, how many people do YOU know with that PERSONALIZED license plate? The kids father also said it was just a joke. That would be like a redneck with a COON KILLER #1 or a Black panther CRACKERBREAKER #1 as their license plates...yeah, just a joke.

so, we just take the accused word now, right?

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaDe_

Here is an idea for reporters and analysts, report the story when you have the facts straight.

So like years later when it's been through court, or never!!!
I don't know when what reporters wrote became gospel?

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   

I need to ask, pennylemon:
How can you be so certain?
Do you know any of these characters personally?

Of course I don't know these kids personally and what I am attempting to point out is the fact that anyone who is into the urban dance scene would know what this licence plate is and where it came from. I have seen it on t-shirts and hats and stickers and such. It generally appears along with the phrase "Keep calm con Los terrorista # Harlem Shake". I'm not sure what inference you are trying to make here. It is what it is. I am neither asserting their guilt or innocence. I'm just pointing out that this licence plate has nothing to do with it.

Penny

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
Here is some info on possible charges they were arrested under.....

CBS confirms 3 suspects were arrested for harboring/aiding the bombing suspects after the fact. These will be federal charges.

I would think they may be possible room mates?

Des

I wonder who their lawyer will be?

Will MSNBC portray these 3 as innocent kids just victims of a Witch Hunt?

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Common...no....One tshirt in this list says it...and if you wore it, you would be an idiot. It is just showing how blatant people are now, just like the online groups who love #2, etc....talk about brainwashed....

Link

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Just ask Martha Stewart.

I expect more arrests very soon.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join