It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling all Astrophotographers, all skill levels. Post your work.

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Stitch of 5 frames.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   

edit on 13-10-2016 by spacedoubt because: T and C violation

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ngchunter

I plan to take about 6 months of images of it on a regular basis to construct a color time lapse

WOW! thats awsome cant wait to see the end result.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   

edit on 13-10-2016 by spacedoubt because: T and C violation

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   
im sorry i dont have any photos to add (although i am now more than inspired to take this hobby up ) i just wanted to say that i have spent 4 nights going through from the fist page before i sleep. it is without doubt the best, most amazing eye opening thread ever! just wow.

i have held a deep intrest in space since i was old enough to remember, when i see the stars i have a crazy feeling inside that consumes my entire body and mind. its a feeling similar to been homesick (im not saying im from out there lol) im sorry i cant discribe it very well but ive definetly felt it here from the first to last page.

i look forward to all the photos to come and really big well done to everyone of every skill level that has contributed to this fantastic thread, i will most definetly be investing in some equiptment so will be making my own contribution here in due time

thank you all again

ps. my finger hurts from giving out so many post stars in here

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Couldn't sleep last night so was up at 3:30Am and decided to go for a mooch around the local reservoirs in the dark. Cloud was clearing away when I got there so set up the camera and tripod and fired off a few shots as I waited for sunrise.

First shot is looking across one of the reservoirs as the cloud cleared away. The second shot is of Orion and had the added bonus of capturing a bright meteorite in frame. Also saw the ISS pass over as well which was cool.

edit on 938Thu, 12 Nov 2015 15:31:28 -06003130300000015 by Britguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Hello everybody, I started getting into astrophotography about a year ago and have been loving it. I currently have 2 refractors, 2 reflectors and use an AVX mount. I have so far used my 900mm Celestron 70 refractor, or piggybacked my Nikon D3200 to get shots. I just got a 500mm f5.6 achromatic doublet, but I haven't taken her out yet. Also saving more $ for a modified canon that will be dedicated to astrophotography. These are some photos that I have taken with the 900mm refractor. I will upload some of my piggybacked shots in a few. Love everybody's work, keep it up!

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Here are a couple of galaxy shots and one of the Double Cluster that I got. These are with a NikonD3200. M51 is through my Celestron 70 refractor, Andromeda is 200mm lens piggybacked on my scope/AVX, and Double Cluster is through the Celestron70.

Here is a wide shot of Capella, Pleiades and Aldebaran, D3200 35mm 1:1.8 @f3.6 piggybacked.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Here are some wide shots with a D3200 and a 35mm 1:1.8 lens. Big Dipper, Lagoon/Trifid/Omega, Orion and a Perseid I managed to capture.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Anjaba

Great photos! I had the chance to view Saturn once on a very nice telescope in Hawaii, it was amazing. ~$heopleNation

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Last night:

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   

last night

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Hello space lovers, nice to find my own kind!
I had no idea this thread existed. It was just pointed out to me since I occasionally post some of my moon shots on another thread.
I live in Okeechobee Fla., and I'm lucky enough to have a pretty open sky without a lot of light pollution. Just moved back to Florida from Providence RI and when I was up there I was thrilled just to be able to see the big dipper on some nights. Lol yes, it was that pitiful!

Anyhow I use a Canon Power Shot SX60 HS. It is still new to me so I haven't really utilized all the features just yet. So normally when I'm taking a picture I have it set to either Auto, or the Sport, moving setting.

These shot below were not fully zoomed as I to don't have a tripod and I usually just try to lean against something and do a lot of breath holding!

First one is the moon from yesterday morning and the second one is of the blue moon we just had.
Looking forward to seeing more great shots from other members. I have loved what Ive seen so far

and just a artsy shot of the blue moon too!

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: onehuman

Hi onehuman so you made it to this thread I like your first and arty shots the best well done now get that camera on manual and practice

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008

Lol you've tracked me down! I was thinking I would look through some how too videos on the ol you tube to get some help, but perhaps maybe you or someone else here could point me to a good one to begin with?

I'm literate, but my brain drifts to other worlds when presented with numbers and such. The price a artist pays I suppose. I understand I need the shutter to stay open longer for a dark shot minus a flash, but is that a larger number setting on the second?

The good news is at least you know I'm consistent!

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Hi your camera should have a manual setting that allows you to set the shutter speed aperture etc you may not be able to set all of them.

Have a look for a Canon users forum , I will see what I can find for you.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Thanks! I have the link to the PDFs for the camera, but it's the understanding what it all does that is tricky.

Thanks so much for the help. I may get that space station better next time when I know what I'm doing!

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Hi this may inspire you it's a Nikon shot from a P900.

Details
ISS with Nikon P900

Picture
P900 CROP

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Ugh, I really wish I had know that was the space station heading my way that night. I would have been better prepared or at least set up a little better instead of sitting there going wth is THAT thing! I'm sure I would have captured it a little better at least. My camera is capable. Tripod would probably help immensely too, as it is so hard to not shake on major zooming.

Great shot of the iss you posted btw

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join