It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling all Astrophotographers, all skill levels. Post your work.

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Man it's been forever since I've posted in this thread. I lost all my gear and I've been slowly building it back up. Finally got a new wide angle lens and tonight was the first time I've been able to get out and shoot any astro. Slowly remembering how to do it. I also realize how much I missed it and how calming it was.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Guys,
Im very new to telescopes and how to use them. My wife bought me one by surprise for my bday so I want to put it to use.
The specs are as follows:

Objective Lens diameter: 130 mm,
Focal Length: 1000 mm,
Eyepiece: 1.25 - PLOSSL 10 mm & 20mm, SR4,
Barlow Lens: 1.25-2x,
Finder scope: 6x30mm

what type of objects should I be able to see with this when I get a bit more experienced.
I was also wondering if it would be possible to have some tracking installed on the scope and how to do long exposure pictures. Sorry lads, im very new to this.
www.capeunionmart.co.za...#

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 07:08 AM
link   
A diagonal line up of Planet X and a few more orbitals. Bottom object is actually planet Helion with its moon Harrinton which is in a short orbit around it. I have an hours worth of these images taken in sequence, they are all included in my thread "persistent anomaly at two o'clock (guess who?)" Been watching this on and off for two years.

Original

One of the first images of what was the the anomaly at two o'clock, you're looking at a tiny orb within a pair of 'wings' (bow shock wave).

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: EndOfDays77

Those appear to be normal clouds and contrails.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 01:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: xGerhardSAx
Guys,
Im very new to telescopes and how to use them. My wife bought me one by surprise for my bday so I want to put it to use.
The specs are as follows:

Objective Lens diameter: 130 mm,
Focal Length: 1000 mm,
Eyepiece: 1.25 - PLOSSL 10 mm & 20mm, SR4,
Barlow Lens: 1.25-2x,
Finder scope: 6x30mm

what type of objects should I be able to see with this when I get a bit more experienced.
I was also wondering if it would be possible to have some tracking installed on the scope and how to do long exposure pictures. Sorry lads, im very new to this.
www.capeunionmart.co.za...#

Anyone? Some advise?

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 01:44 AM
link   
a reply to: EndOfDays77

This thread is for REAL astronomical objects

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Quick snap of the Milky Way, with a full moon rising. I'm excited to try this lens out in an absolutely dark environment.
edit on 28-7-2016 by w810i because: (no reason given)

(post by ngchunter removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 02:42 AM
link   
a reply to: ngchunter
Excellent.
Thank you
ps...Yes, I am from South Africa

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 11:58 PM
link   
We are made of Star Dust. Intergalactic debris and far flung atoms, shards of carbon rounded up by gravity to circle the sun. As Atoms pass thru an eternal revolving door of possible form, energy and mass dance in a fluid relationship. We are stardust, we are man, we are thought, we are a story.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Yesterday I had headed up to Glacier National Park to pick out some choice sites to shoot the milky way. I climbed I guess a 1000 feet up the foothills of one of the mountains to what would have been amazing shot. Across the valley was a massive mountain and in the foreground was a plateau with a stream running through it to a waterfall. I headed back there about 9ish that night only to find out from people down below on the road that there had been 4 grizzlies sighted up there. So back up plan. I ended up crawling through a drainage tunnel to the lip of haystack falls where I sat at the edge where the falls plunged a 100 feet into the valley below while I watched the Milk Way carve a path across the sky above.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 12:08 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 12:29 AM
link   
The aliens are coming for us!! Just Kidding....or am I??

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Mt Reynolds, Logan pass, Glacier National Park

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   

edit on 13-10-2016 by spacedoubt because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Time lapse video of asteroid 2016 RB1 as it approached earth this morning. Closest approach wasn't visible from my location, but at the time I recorded this it was already closer than the moon:

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Made another trip out last night to a Windmill close to my usual hangouts in the Chiltern hills. Had to wait a while for the moon to set but managed to get some decent shots. First one is the windmill with the moon setting behind it and the next 2 are up close at the windmill for a bit of foreground detail.
Supposed to maybe have another couple of clear nights this week so I might well be out again in the early hours and hang out until sunrise for some shots.

Shots were taken with my Pentax K1 and Samyang 14mm F2.8. 15 Sec exposure on the first shot and 30 Sec on the next 2. I have not tried the Astrotracer function yet for longer shots but will need to first find somewhere darker with less light pollution.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   
always a pleasure to follow the invitation via my subscriptions to this threads.

my camera is not good enough to contribute here too often, unfortunately, so i'm more than happy to post an image that actually was taken in my backyard by a visiting friend.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Ok so here is a bunch of various astro shots I collected over the summer from my adventures.

new topics

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join