It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling all Astrophotographers, all skill levels. Post your work.

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   

ENJOY =)
edit on 18-10-2016 by ebycon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Some pictures I took this past weekend:

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I just wanted to take a photo of that nice tree and path when suddenly this rock falls down to earth

I forgot that I put the camera on bulb long exposure mode and fell asleep, when I woke up I was feeling kinda dizzy looking at my last shot.

Just a photo of the milky way, don't mind that meteor, it ruined the entire shot, dammit!

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Heads up: I'm going to get back to doing this again.

Snapped this 8 second exposure tonight, ISO 6400 f3.5 18mm lens, with my Canon Rebel T3

Bright half moon out and high clouds in the sky.

Hoping to get some better stuff over the next week or so, when the Moon isn't around, and as long as the weather holds.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Just a shot looking towards the Northwest at my house. Pretty night out.

Focal length 18mm, f3.5, ISO 1600, 25 second exposure, single frame

Say hi to the constellation Auriga (Taurus is down below at the bottom of the frame)

Focal length 18mm, f3.5, ISO 1600, 25 second exposure, single frame

edit on 2/15/2017 by eriktheawful because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Did this last night. Using Magic Lantern's intervalometer, I had the camera take 58 one minute shots, at ISO 200, 1 second apart.
Focal length 18mm, f3.5

Looking towards the North East, where the Big Dipper was.

Stacked by Deep Sky Stacker, 1 dark frame, and 46 light frames. Post Processed with GIMP

There is a security light on a power pole about 300 feet away, and it lights up the trees (they look dark to me, but we know better). I'll have to go deeper into the woods for better long term shots.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Went back and restacked some images using Deep Sky Stacker. I'd forgotten that I used to use it, and at first thought I was insane for using it, until I remembered that you do your post processing in some other software, like Photoshop or GIMP:

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Tonight's stars, nothing great. As soon you go outside and have everything set up, clouds are spoiling the sky view.
Managed to get a couple of shots before everything went hazy, better luck next time.

Orion Constellation, the bright star on left is with Sirius nad the one on the top right is Aldebaran from the constelation Taurus. You can also distinguish Betelguese(top left shoulder of Orion) from the rest, it's got definitaly a different color than the rest.
90sec ISO800 @f2.8 14mm

I noticed there is this strange beam of light coming from Sirius, I took multiple shots but the beam is only visible in one photograph?
First thought it was a plane, but after seeing it on the pc I'm pretty sure it's not. No idea what it could be.
Here is a more close up of the original

And to end a single exposure of the Orion Nebula.
150sec ISO640 @ f4 200mm

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

That's quite a difference hey, nice going mate!
DSS is a neat little program, once you get a hang of it

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: intergalactic fire

Those are still awesome pictures! You're an artist.

I'm fixing to head out myself.

Thought I'd do some picture taking of Cassiopeia

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

Thanks much appreciated, truly!
If you're trying Cassiopeia, you'll most likely get a glimpse of Andromeda, it will be very noticeable in your pictures.
Good hunting hope you got better skies on your end of the world

I'm hoping to get some good skies soon as I wanna try the California nebula, fairly big nebula. With a 100mm lens you should get nice shots of it.

edit on 17-2-2017 by intergalactic fire because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Stunning pics friend! Definitely an odd streak of light that lines up with Sirius surely it must be a plane or possibly a meteor. Either way bloody brilliant pics. I'm still waiting for a clear night here in the SE of England but as per usual the weather is stil overcast and just popped my head out the window and it's foggy. Curse that damn English weather. Once I get a clear night I'll head out again and maybe drive somewhere outside my town to see what pictures I can get. Keep it up

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Crud. I got clouds too.

They must have moved in while I was in the house waiting for it to get dark.

I feel like Snoopy shaking my fist at them: Curse you clouds!!

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

Thanks mate.
I don't believe it's a plane, planes leave other kinds of streaks with red blinking dots. Like the one I posted earlier of Andromeda and a plane
A meteor seems too much of a coincidence.
I'm guessing lens flare, but no idea it only appears in one image.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful
Crud. I got clouds too.

They must have moved in while I was in the house waiting for it to get dark.

I feel like Snoopy shaking my fist at them: Curse you clouds!!

Seems like you're having a case of British weather across the pond. Sucks doesn't it

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: intergalactic fire
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

Thanks mate.
I don't believe it's a plane, planes leave other kinds of streaks with red blinking dots. Like the one I posted earlier of Andromeda and a plane
A meteor seems too much of a coincidence.
I'm guessing lens flare, but no idea it only appears in one image.

Ah yes forgot about the red blinking lights and navigation lights on the planes, maybe a plane at high altitude? Lens flare *shrug* who knows but nice catch

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   

That almost looks like a diffraction grating artifact rather than a lens flare or an ET carrier beam but you never know..

new topics

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join