It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missy the German Shepard, left stranded on a mountain for 8 days...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by kimcam

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
Beautiful dog!!!
Thankfully, someone was meant to find her....the poor thing.

If there are no legal remedies for those previous owners......I have to hope there is a special "warm" place for them in the afterlife

While it is irresponsible to treat your four legged friend like a liability, it is also irresponsible to blindy include the CHILD owner in this post. The father... GO RIGHT AHEAD!

Yeah, sorry, but the father brought the son to safety. WAITED.....

AND THOUGHT THE DOG DIED!!!

HE NEVER SENT HELP FOR MISSY!!

EVEN WHEN HE AND HIS SON WERE SAFE!

So, don't give me that BS BULL CRAP about the son and himself and making sure they were safe.

THEY, WERE ALREADY SAFE!!...

What, can't call re-enforcements for his dog????

That the people on the internet have to find out about Missy to save her...

FKING SAD...

AND NO EXCUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This turd, better of never gotten custody again.

I will sign a petition.

edit on 1-5-2013 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

I would like to take them to the wood shed. I have zero time for people like that. And I wonder what would have happened if his kid got blisters........................hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tarzan the apeman.
reply to post by semperfortis

I would like to take them to the wood shed. I have zero time for people like that. And I wonder what would have happened if his kid got blisters........................hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Probably left at that mountain like the poor dog.

But, family comes first...

Seeing as, that is, his excuse for the abandonment.

Right?

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

paw protectors / booties - are a nessecary accessory for workimg dogs :

police dogs
military dogs
customs dogs
rescue dogs

who have to ocassionally work in environments with broken glass , metal fragments and shards , chemical contamination etc

" house guest " dogs - should be gradually acclimatised to terrain

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Well, hopefully Missy's story will educate people not to bring their pets into dangerous situations, if they are city dogs to make sure you protect their paws. We have learned from experience to be careful with dogs, especially little dogs, around water...we had to jump in and rescue our little terror when she jumped out of a canoe once in a river with a strong current....don't think I would ever take her again without a doggy life jacket.....

But No excuse for not going back for her....

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   

edit on 1-5-2013 by MountainLaurel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by MountainLaurel

Well, hopefully Missy's story will educate people not to bring their pets into dangerous situations, if they are city dogs to make sure you protect their paws. We have learned from experience to be careful with dogs, especially little dogs, around water...we had to jump in and rescue our little terror when she jumped out of a canoe once in a river with a strong current....don't think I would ever take her again without a doggy life jacket.....

But No excuse for not going back for her....

Beautiful dog..

They, were still safe,
which is why, I have no sympathy after 8 days

They could of called someone to save her.

And, they didn't.

They waited for someone on the internet, to bring attention to Missy.

Shouldn't of have even been that long.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Aww poor baby!

Glad she has a loving home now

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheToastmanCometh

Aww poor baby!

Glad she has a loving home now

Hopefully.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Around here if your dog does that you would either:

1. Leave it
2. Eat it

I don't know the circumstances about that hike, but out here it's very remote and it could be your life vs. a dogs life.. Which is more important?

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Philippines

1. Leave it
2. Eat it

I don't know the circumstances about that hike, but out here it's very remote and it could be your life vs. a dogs life.. Which is more important?

In the situation outlined in the OP I would save the Dog! The owner was a POS.

P

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
In mountain climbing people are sometimes left to die, but there is a big difference...A person makes a conscious decision to go mountain climbing, and should be aware of all the dangers, including the danger of death. A dog does not have that luxury, and requires a human to take care of it, especially in an environment like this that they are not used to. But when people get left on a mountain it is usually because of the treachery and danger level of the mountain. There are just certain places on certain mountains where rescue is impossible, due to terrain and altitude. This mainly occurs on icy mountains though. And from the sound of things, this was not mountain climbing, but rather hiking on a mountain. There was no climbing involved, since dogs cannot climb.

It's because they don't have hands and feet mainly, lol. So why these two people did not carry their dog down is beyond me. Obviously they do deserve to be punished for animal cruelty of some sort. At the very least they could have informed authorities, which would have shown that they at least cared enough to get the dog rescued. But that is if they could not have carried her down themselves. There is just no excuse in my opinion. A dog is just a dog, sure, but dogs have emotions, they get scared, lonely, just like a person would. It is mistreatment. And especially considering they brought her along.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by pheonix358

Originally posted by Philippines

1. Leave it
2. Eat it

In the situation outlined in the OP I would save the Dog! The owner was a POS.

P

I'm not going to defend the owner in any way, but I also don't know the situation of the hike and him. I know we all like to think we would do the right thing but everyone thinks differently.

I think if the people here found a stranded wounded dog in the middle of nowhere, and could easily access it, they may have a picnic.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Dogs are always loyal to their owners, no matter if he abandons it by the motorway or kills it. I remember I bought a 2 year old dog once...it died of sadness. It just refused to eat or do anything. Whilst the dog will be grateful, it will want it's owners...

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
That beauty called Missy would have waited for her owner,even if that owner was a cruel beater of dogs,until she died of starvation.
That is a form of devotion most of us humans would be unable to comprehend.

German Shepherds are amongst the most intelligent and loyal dogs IMO,and should never be treated badly-they need to be well loved and trained for action jobs which they love.
They have a sensitive yet curious nature,believe it or not.
Best dogs ever IMO.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Can the state not press criminal charges on the man that abandoned his dog.

This is a felony isn't it? and the hiker father is an evil one to do what he did and even more of devil for teaching his son to be an animal abuser.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join