It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missy the German Shepard, left stranded on a mountain for 8 days...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   

I can not believe the nerve of the previous owner. Thankfully Missy survived because another couple found her and carried her down 13,000 ft.

Poor thing and I'm glad she's safe now.

Beautiful dog...

Just irks me that you bring your dog on a trip and you can't even bring her back???? Why bring your pet with you if you can't even take care of her??

Thankfully, Missy is now with the current owner who rescued her.

Least we know she's safe now.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

A man and his son left their dog, Missy, at 13,000 ft feet as they were hiking between Mount Bierstadt and Mount Evans in Colorado.

Missy was hiking with them when her feet became too blistered to walk. The man and his son left Missy there alone and unable to walk. Missy survived for 8 days on the mountain when another man and his wife spotted her stranded on the mountain.

She was in very poor condition, but the couple made an attempt to carry the dog the 13,000 ft back down. Any longer and Missy would not have made it.

The man that left the dog stranded on the mountain has since received all sorts of negative publicity including death threats. Missy now remains safe under the ownership of the couple that saved her.

Please show thanks to the couple by liking and sharing this post. Bless their hearts for rescuing Missy.

edit on 30-4-2013 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I always disliked people who are very irresponsible with their duties. Yes, I can see they probably thought the dog would be used to hiking. However, if the dog is hurt help it back home. Even if I was tired and what not; I would do the responsible thing and be there. Glad others were there help the dog.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I would love to take the previous owners into the mountains and leave them

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   
My dog is my friend!

For some people a dog is a possession.

I am very happy that Missy was saved. I am guessing that Missy was the typical family dog who was taken for walks occasionally on either grass or pavement. A dog needs to toughen up before going on a multi-day trek in the mountains. Should put the bloody owner in the middle of the trek without shoes to teach him what it was like! As for being a good dad and teaching his child FAIL

P

As for the new owner. Well done. That is a big dog, 40+Kg on his back. He is Hero material

edit on 30/4/2013 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Beautiful dog!!!
Thankfully, someone was meant to find her....the poor thing.

If there are no legal remedies for those previous owners......I have to hope there is a special "warm" place for them in the afterlife

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
I would love to take the previous owners into the mountains and leave them

You and me both..

They made that poor dog walk up the mountain 13,000 ft with no shoes, while their arses got hiking boots!! It's a no wonder Missy wasn't able to walk down...

Idiots..

GRR...

Like to see them walk up a mountain and make it down with no shoes on.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

This is what I am thinking...I think the couple that found and rescued Missy should be the ones to keep her now. They did a wonderful thing and I can tell they all love each other already.

I don't believe the previous owner; this is why...because the couple that rescued her were able to bring her down from the mountain...so therefore the previous owner could of too; but he chose not to. I really don't believe the reasons he gave for not bringing the dog down the mountain himself; I just think he is trying to get out of being prosecuted.

I am so glad Missy is safe and on the road to recovery; animals are so precious.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   

I remember this story...the outrage I felt then, is no less now revisiting it. Your link has the original story date: By Emily Anne Epstein and Daily Mail Reporter

PUBLISHED: 18:24 EST, 17 August 2012 | UPDATED: 11:25 EST, 18 August 2012
IIRC, the last I remember is the original crappy cruel selfish owner, was suing in court to regain custody of poor Missy....

Now, I feel compelled to find out what happened to her...off to research...

Des

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

This is what I am thinking...I think the couple that found and rescued Missy should be the ones to keep her now. They did a wonderful thing and I can tell they all love each other already.

I don't believe the previous owner; this is why...because the couple that rescued her were able to bring her down from the mountain...so therefore the previous owner could of too; but he chose not to. I really don't believe the reasons he gave for not bringing the dog down the mountain himself; I just think he is trying to get out of being prosecuted.

I am so glad Missy is safe and on the road to recovery; animals are so precious.

The owners who have Missy now, are the owners who found her.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Thank you MH...I'm still looking for a story published on the outcome of the court case....I'm so glad Missy has a good and loving home.

Des

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Thanks.

I'm trying to find out too, but they said that the owners who found her, now have custody of her.

That's all I could find out about it.

My sister said the judge gave custody to the owners who found Missy.

Story is from 2012 .

Court date was Oct. 2012

She's now with the owners who found her.

So, I guess the rescuers won that battle.

I was trying to find the verdict of the court case.

Here! Here!

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Great job MH....thanks....

Des

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I would never make my dog walk 13,000 Ft.

Let alone 26,000Ft just to get back.

Especially, without any protection on my dogs paws.

That's torture.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   

"A man's soul can be judged by the way he treats his dog" -Charles Doran

I think that quote sums up the dog's original owner.
edit on 30-4-2013 by Carreau because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Lets see here, how about we walk the previous owners barefoot up the mountain to 13,000' with their feet all blistered and unable to walk and leave them there for 8 days without food or water. If they survive fine, if not ahhhh tooo bad.

My dogs are not my friends, they are family...noway would I ever do this to my dogs it would be like taking one of my kids and doing that to them, impossible to do. I love my dogs!

It's great to hear that Missy has a loving home and owners that really love her.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   

A dog can do that sort of thing all the time as long as they are fit for it. Part of 'fitness' for a dog is toughening up their paws to take the terrain. Wolves and Coyotes are related with much the same paw structure and they do it all day long every day of the year.

The sad part here is taking a city pooch on such a trek without a seconds thought. It is EXACTLY like putting a human in that terrain without shoes. It is stupid, thoughtless and disgraceful. Did I mention how stupid the dog's owner is? Idiot!

P

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

If Missy was my dog, I would have at least tumble down the mountain with her. Rather then, leaving her there to die. I would of carried her, if it killed me. Her previous owner didn't even try.

Putting bandages on her paws, doesn't save face with me.

Oh, okay and leaving her some water.

Like she can fend for herself.

Especially that high in the mountains.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by pheonix358
My dog is my friend!

For some people a dog is a possession.

I am very happy that Missy was saved. I am guessing that Missy was the typical family dog who was taken for walks occasionally on either grass or pavement. A dog needs to toughen up before going on a multi-day trek in the mountains. Should put the bloody owner in the middle of the trek without shoes to teach him what it was like! As for being a good dad and teaching his child FAIL

P

As for the new owner. Well done. That is a big dog, 40+Kg on his back. He is Hero material

edit on 30/4/2013 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

Ive never understood people who treat their animals like property that can be abandoned at the drop of a hat. My 2 dogs are just as much part of the family as anyone that shares my blood, if my dog got stranded up on a mountain there is absolutely NO WAY i could leave him there, i would have to carry him or stay with him untill help arrives.

Ive seen friends and family get rid of animals before just because its become an inconvieniance to look after them, If you commit to an animal you should be willing to se that relarionship through to the very end, animals are a life commitment, their life, not yours, its really not even that long, 10-15 years?.

My father had a similar attitude recently. i was supposed to be moving literally a quarter of the world away from where i am now (east coast Australia to Mauritius) and it never even crossed my mind that i would leave my animals behind. I was looking at about $7000 to get them overseas, thats money i didnt have, but never once did i think about leaving them, and i could have left them at mums house where they would live out their days on the lounge eating bacon and egg sandwhiches ( i kid you not, my mother is crazy, she will actually make them a sandwhich)

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 04:08 AM
link   
These stories pain me. I am a cat lover, but have always wanted a dog. Problem is, my work takes me away from home for days at a time, therefore I am unable to properly look after a dog.

My last cat, which passed away a few years ago (age 16) I could leave for a few days without major worry. I would leave a bowl of water, a big bowl of dry food, the window open so she could go out, and the tap running in case she ran out of water.

I live in a tower block at the moment, so cannot (rather will not) have a cat here, they'll not be able to get out.

As human beings, it is our responsibility to treat our pets as we would a family member, anything less, is just not good enough

The original owners should be banned from having pets.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 05:12 AM
link   
i just cant see how people can be so uncaring of their best friends who love them unconditionally and are almost totally reliant on them

i used to do a lot of hiking and hillwalking when i was younger, mainly the pennine way in parts or the whole of it twice, my ridgeback/pointer X dog (bobert) would always come with me on my trecks, he loved to walk and loved the wild places, but even though he had paws like aged leather and could probably walk over broken glass with no problem i always carried medication and paw protectors just i case, i would have rather lost my own first aid kit than his. and the first order of business at any stop was to check his feet and legs

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join