Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Missy the German Shepard, left stranded on a mountain for 8 days...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
I would love to take the previous owners into the mountains and leave them

Yeah,likewise,thank god for the couple who found her.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   
My dog is everything to me and no way regardless would I have left him the way that guy did on that mountain. I hope he gets what is coming to him as it sickens me just reading about it. Why didn't he go back if he was so concerned and why leave him in the first place? At least his life has been saved and he looks so happy now.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by garret

You always need paw protectors.

Even for snow.

That's why, I want 1 minute with this guy to go round to round with him.

He'd be chopped suey when I get done with him.

edit on 1-5-2013 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   
There's this cozy spot in hell reserved for dog breeders and jerks like this guy.

Hoping there's a hell, just for these folks, almost makes me religious.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Make Missy's original adult owner do the same hike without shoes, and let him walk back on his own. If he can't make it, tough.

In any case, he should be brought up on animal endangerment/abuse charges.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrInquisitive
Make Missy's original adult owner do the same hike without shoes, and let him walk back on his own. If he can't make it, tough.

In any case, he should be brought up on animal endangerment/abuse charges.

He was brought up on charges.

And he tried to sue the rescuer for custody to get Missy back.

I'm trying to find the court case, but so far no luck.

To my knowledge he doesn't have Missy anymore.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

I get lumbered with dog sitting for my parents every time they go away (saves them Kennel fees and, lets face it, you can never get yourself too many brownie parents with your parents, no matter how old you are!).

Frankly, i walk too quickly for the gorgeous but extremely lazy dog in question (Labradoodle, same size as that Alsatian if not bigger). I have lost track of the amount of times she just sits there looking sad and refusing to budge........basically, she likes me to pick her up and carry her.

Know if this guy could walk up there, there is absolutely no reason he couldn't walk down carrying his dog. Apart from the cruelty aspect it is just plain laziness and deferral of responsibility.

As an aside though, what the hell are Paw Protectors and why do any animals need them? Serious question there.........i mean they have managed well for millenia without the need for clothing of any description. I have to admit i laugh my head off every time i see a poor animal dressed in clothes.......

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Damn, i'm a grown-arse man and tearing up at the coffee shop. Gotta say, I love these people. I once had to carry my rottweiler for a mile or so on flat ground while my wife walked our other two big dogs when we had taken a wrong turn on a hike. No phone with us (last time for that), and so there was no stopping me., though I felt like I would likely die before making it home. I don't for a second think the nice picture we see here is indicitive of the struggle this man went through to carry Missy all that way. Massive kudos for what they did!

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Well done to the rescuers-it makes my blood boil when I read of how cruel some people can be,and doubly so as I have a GSD in my family.
I hope the dog has a long happy life,and the cruel previous owners catch rabies.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   

What a lovely dog, and well done to her rescuer. I can't say here what I truly feel about the dogs former owner.

As a dog owner / lover myself, this has restored my faith in humanity, or some of it at least.

There are some good folk out there, I hate to see dogs treated badly or neglected, I'm just pleased this story had a happy ending...So many don't.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
This is a news clip on this story...

No updated info though unfortunately.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Even if the owner couldn't carry the dog, he should have sent someone back who could! There is no excuse for this kind of behavior! Some people should not be pet owners! They better award the dog to the rescuers!

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I wish that people had as much love for people as they do animals.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
This is absurd I cant believe the owner would just leave the animal up on the moutain. If the dog was too injured to walk they should have just put it out of its misery before trekking back down the moutain. But I can understand why they left it, if trying to rescue the dog created such a burden in which it endangered the lifes of the man and son and could have led to their lives being at risk, then they made the right choice. If I had to choose between my life and my kids life vs the dog the choice is obvious...you can always get another dog you cant just replace a human life.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I bet the Dog was like, "Thank God, Not another the Lazy A$$ human to come and rescue me", but someone with passion and Love for animals. 13000ft. A sure death, for a dog with barley any walking capabilty, the previous owner knew what would happen, leaving the dog.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
I would love to take the previous owners into the mountains and leave them

make sure u broke his leg or something before leaving him.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star
Even if the owner couldn't carry the dog, he should have sent someone back who could! There is no excuse for this kind of behavior! Some people should not be pet owners! They better award the dog to the rescuers!

Exactly ! Why wouldn't he go back to get Missy with some help once he got his son down the mountain? She must have been sooo scared, and so happy when someone helped her......

Great Movie if you haven't seen it...
edit on 1-5-2013 by MountainLaurel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by pstrron
My dogs are not my friends, they are family

Well said

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
Beautiful dog!!!
Thankfully, someone was meant to find her....the poor thing.

If there are no legal remedies for those previous owners......I have to hope there is a special "warm" place for them in the afterlife

While it is irresponsible to treat your four legged friend like a liability, it is also irresponsible to blindy include the CHILD owner in this post. The father... GO RIGHT AHEAD!

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by MountainLaurel

My point exactly.

Once the threat was gone of his life and his son's, then why didn't call for help if he loved Missy?

He waited 8 days and someone on the internet had to find out about Missy?

He cared nothing for her.

Not even finding help for her.

I hope to hell he never got Missy back.

Missy doesn't deserve him.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join