It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Disappearance" - How Would The World React??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Consider the hypothetical situation:

- A young man who was at college/university goes "missing". Friends and family raise the alarm some time after finding out that this man is nowhere to be found. An investigation is begun; the police appeal to the community, particularly as the circumstances in which he went missing are suspicious and unexplainable (e.g. phone, keys, computer, bank cards etc all still in his dorm). The police continue searching for him to no avail.

- Six months later, a young girl and her father are out in a park walking the dog in the late evening. The young girl spots something giant on the ground in the distance (her dad is busy on his iPad :lol
. She draws the attention of her father to this "thing" in the distance.

- To her father's horror and shock, it turns out to be a giant man (he estimates him to be *at least* 9ft tall) lying motionless on the ground. The father doesn't know who to call - he calls the cops and paramedics etc.

(- When the giant man does eventually wake up, he doesn't remember anything that has happened, but does vaguely remember the young man he used to be; the young man the we met earlier above.)

(- Also, some of his features have changed - e.g. great musculature, different hair texture, different eye colour etc).

(- Note, he also has a much larger and faster working brain, bigger bones etc that kind of thing - like an ideal male figure, except he possesses what could be comparable to the height of a Greek God - i.e. he's 9ft tall)

In short, how would the world react to this? Especially as he claims to be the young man we met earlier (and is indeed found out to be etc)?

What do you think will be the aftermath?

How will we humans deal with this?

edit on 4/30/2013 by HomoSapiensSapiens because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by HomoSapiensSapiens

The world would never know about it. He would be rushed away to an undisclosed location for dissection. The military, the main culprit of the kidnap, would delve into how he became so large with the hopes of creating super soldiers.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Where exactly are you going with this?

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
He would be admited into a mental hospital. Maybe played on local evening news. Thats it.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by CrisMajor

What do you mean?

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by theconspirator

A "mental hospital" - why that?

A 9ft man has just turned up out of nowhere, purporting to be a young man that went missing 6 months ago and he'll *only* star on the local news and that'll be it??
That tallest man alone ever to have existed was 8'11 - I'm sure a random 9ft guy would draw at least *some* mainstream attention!

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Covertblack

This is an issue, yes - but surely the world would demand to know more about him and the circumstances surrounding him? I mean, the little girl and her father saw him. The entire circumstances throws up questions about our existence; questions like - "where" has this young man been for six months?; "how" is he 9ft now, when only 6 months ago, he was under 6ft etc etc

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomoSapiensSapiens
reply to post by Covertblack

This is an issue, yes - but surely the world would demand to know more about him and the circumstances surrounding him? I mean, the little girl and her father saw him. The entire circumstances throws up questions about our existence; questions like - "where" has this young man been for six months?; "how" is he 9ft now, when only 6 months ago, he was under 6ft etc etc

The world would never know. If he ever spoke out he would be painted as a lunatic and instantly lose any credibility. They tried to do this same thing with Alf.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Are you writing a script for movie?

confused...

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Well, if I was a shadow government type, I'd:

1) Have a press announcement that he was exposed to some kind of mutagen and needed emergency medical help. His condition would be announced as a mutation that endangers his organs, mostly due to the height mutation putting stress on the organs.

2) Stash him in a top secret lab, where we could reverse engineer the cause, to then make our own super soldiers.

3) Announce he didn't make it in the emergency surgery, closed casket funeral, nice (empty) crypt in a (guarded) military cemetery. All the while, he's in the lab of course.

But, that's just me.....

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   

He would be seen as a Freak and hounded. Humans are ignorant, cruel and jealous creatures.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

You can trust the United States to be dodgy like that.

It also makes me think of what the response would be if an Extraterrestrial Intelligence landed (but crashed or injured) - would we be informed? If they deemed that it would cause a panic - then you can be certain that we wouldn't be informed. It all comes back to the "an asteroid will crash into Earth on November 26th 2013" - they'd never inform us if that were true!

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

I can understand that - but I thought in this situation we humans would have looked on in awe due to his Greek God look, and magnificent height no? Or will we still exhibit fear and ignorance?

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I'd totally be able to help you if it had only been three months since he was last seen. Or if he was ten feet tall. But the six months and nine feet are stumpers.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   

It also makes me think of what the response would be if an Extraterrestrial Intelligence landed (but crashed or injured) - would we be informed? If they deemed that it would cause a panic - then you can be certain that we wouldn't be informed.

Google on The Brookings Report, and you'll have your answer...

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by roughycannon

If I were, has this piqued your interest?

new topics

top topics

join