It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boston Bombers' Family Received Over $100 K in Welfare Benefits

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   

The Tsarnaev family, including the suspected terrorists and their parents, benefited from more than $100,000 in taxpayer-funded assistance — a bonanza ranging from cash and food stamps to Section 8 housing from 2002 to 2012, the Herald has learned.

“The breadth of the benefits the family was receiving was stunning,” said a person with knowledge of documents handed over to a legislative committee today.

Further evidence that we probably shouldn't offer welfare to non-citizens?

I wonder if they used an EBT card to buy the pressure cookers and supplies?

I also wonder if they used an ObamaPhone to detonate the bombs?

Unbelievable the mess this country is in....

nation.foxnews.com...
edit on 30-4-2013 by Signals because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Last I heard the mother has shoplifting charges pending. What a family.....
edit on 30-4-2013 by Covertblack because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-4-2013 by Covertblack because: (no reason given)

+15 more 
posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Why, because a family of people (not a single person) who came from a war-torn country received 10,000/year in benefits over a ten year period?

Jesus. What a totally low-class way of the right politicizing such a tragic event. Almost as bad as how the left politicized the Aurora shooting.

Politicians have no class whatsoever. Whoever brings up points like this should be ejected from office. Whatever media outlets do it should be boycotted.

There are many families that didn't have a "my son turned into a disillusioned terrorist" problem. I would say the statistics would probably be overwhelming.

eg.

"0.000123349999% of immigrants receiving benefits will have a son or sons who become state enemies."

The numbers speak for themselves.

Stop trying to make disaster political.

edit on 30-4-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Covertblack

maybe she's sealing more pressure cookers.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Cannot let a tragic event go to waste.

Feels good to say that, after seeing it 1000x.
edit on 4/30/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Signals

The Tsarnaev family, including the suspected terrorists and their parents, benefited from more than $100,000 in taxpayer-funded assistance — a bonanza ranging from cash and food stamps to Section 8 housing from 2002 to 2012, the Herald has learned.

“The breadth of the benefits the family was receiving was stunning,” said a person with knowledge of documents handed over to a legislative committee today.

nation.foxnews.com...

Sooo... the US govt appears to be a sponsorer of terrorism..via funding .. how ironic is that ...

As we speak, they are busy funding millions of possible attackers .. possibly even helping to raise them by awarding them child support ..

Congress, Senate and the whole lot -------> ship them all to GITMO ..

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

The facts are the facts, Boncho...

This has nothing to do with false left-right paradigms, nice try though

What it does concern is the American taxpayer funding "terrorism", that is the original topic here

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Sweet Jeebus!
The American government has been funding terrorism for a long long time.
In fact id say the bulk of the terror is instigated for other reasons b covert agencies of the US and others.

Much of the terror created inthe world is in reaction to US activity with other soveriegn states.
Like invasion, economic manipulations and outright assassinations and regime changes.....

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Boncho...the Mother of this poor desperate family, can't even come back to the Country that gave her all those benefits due to shoplifting charges against her. It's not like she was stealing food from Walmart to feed her poor starving family.

She stole from one of the most expensive, exclusive Woman's apparel stores...Lord and Taylor...$1,600....

Sorry, you argument falls on deaf ears at this point....

Des

edit on 30-4-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I'd like to clear some things up, since I am on some forms of Welfare, I'm also a Air Force Veteran, and recently recovering from server digestion problems suffered over the past 10 years.

For one, Food stamps cannot buy anything other than cold organics. meaning, if it is not having to be kept warm, and can be consumed by human beings, you can buy it with foodstamps be it the store who sells the product accepts them.

You cannot buy ANYTHING else warm or not organic.

Now with TCA ( Temporary cash assistance ) you can get 300 I believe a month, but that's only if you are seen by a social worker weekly, are proving that you are seeking employment, have kids and need that money to keep a major necessity available to you. You must pass drugs tests, and manual screenings as well financial checks to make sure you are not having other accounts or property elsewhere that could of been liquidated and used prior to receiving funds.

Now I will be the 1st to say it's possible something else is going on here than what is being told, but to say that welfare benefits are responsible for this act or future acts is beyond not doing what this site's motto is.

It's far to easy to take advantage of people online, and in other aspects to make money that way than it is to go through all the hoops and hurtles one has too ( with kids minds you ) to collect government welfare. It is not as easy as you may want to believe.

If terrorists or even blackops wanted to make money, and I mean real money not 300 a month, 700 a month tops for food stamps and thats if you found someone to trade money for food?!>!>! You know people sell drugs and guns and information now to make money, i mean around the terms of 80,000.00 USD a week, some of them that's daily. If you've seen the wire, you may understand a bit more, if you wanted to make money in america you wouldn't try to do it legally, our banks have shown us that.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
BS..!

How come you guys gets picky for a lousy 100G over a ten years as social help, but DO NOTHING bout billions of dollars being wasted in one day in US overseas illegal wars killing and terrorizing people and civilians in addition stealing their national/cultural/personal treasures too?

Goddamn hypocrites.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   

reply to post by boncho

The facts are the facts, Boncho...

This has nothing to do with false left-right paradigms, nice try though

What it does concern is the American taxpayer funding "terrorism", that is the original topic here

How were they funding terrorism. There was how many people in the family, the two brothers, the mother and father? It says 'parents' so I assume it's plural.

“The breadth of the benefits the family was receiving was stunning,”

No, no it's not.

That is only 2500/year.

Take for instance this tax credit program, they could have alone taken in $12,500 in one year had they installed "green energy" equipment.

What the hell does that have to do with anything? It doesn't.

What the hell does them getting certain benefits over a 10 year period? Nothing. Did it cause them to radicalize into enemies of the state? Did it make them pervert their Muslim faith into something that justified killing innocent civilians? No? Okay, so it is of no relevance.

Are you going to seriously throw a fit because (the family) of two nutjobs were able to file for welfare benefits? Do you throw the same fit when a US armed group attacks soldiers overseas, causes terror attacks overseas, etc? Are you demanding justice for all the aide, for all the weapons and training that was given to various militia or government groups in the Middle East over the years which has since been used to attack US military, US people directly, US friendly nations in terror attacks... etc?

Does the welfare have anything to do with the attack? No, it doesn't. Unless that was their total income (Which I highly doubt) they did not need it to do what they did.

Now, on the other hand, when the US trained and armed Saddam Hussein's armies, which in turn used those weapons and training to kill US soldiers, well, that one was a bit of an "oopsy"

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by boncho

Boncho...the Mother of this poor desperate family, can't even come back to the Country that gave her all those benefits due to shoplifting charges against her. It's not like she was stealing food from Walmart to feed her poor starving family.

She stole from one of the most expensive, exclusive Woman's apparel stores...Lord and Taylor...$1,600....

Sorry, you argument falls on deaf ears at this point....

Des

edit on 30-4-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

Des, what does that have to do with anything?

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   

nation.foxnews.com...

yeah...the obamaterrorists used obamabombs made with obamamade bombing parts for an obamafalseflag event

edit on 30-4-2013 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
People come to the land of milk and honey, wanting a nice big gulp, and give us nails and ball bearings in return.

It literally makes me nauseated to think about it.
edit on 4/30/2013 by BellaSabre because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

What I have presented is completely relevant.

Not only did DHS and all the other 3 letter agencies horribly fail in protecting Americans, WE GAVE THESE TERRORISTS MONEY TO LIVE HERE...

Are you okay with that? It's your tax dollars in use, assuming you are American.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

The tax dollars were in use to kill children and innocent in Iraq as well.

The Tax dollars were in use to fund the gunman that shot up kindergartens.

The point?

I sense an alternate agenda behind the top layer.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   

reply to post by boncho

What I have presented is completely relevant.

Not only did DHS and all the other 3 letter agencies horribly fail in protecting Americans, WE GAVE THESE TERRORISTS MONEY TO LIVE HERE...

Are you okay with that? It's your tax dollars in use, assuming you are American.

I'm not American, but if this happened in my country that is okay with me. The goal of welfare programs for immigrants is not to carry out Jihad against the US, and for the most part (almost entirely), that is not what it's used for. From what I have read so far there was a major issue with how the FBI handled the file regarding the two brothers. They need to assess the mismanagement and make appropriate corrections. Whether that be termination of employees or changes to procedural code. How the FBI managed the file, is not okay with me.

In any case, I already highlighted many counters to your argument. The number of immigrants in the US is high,

The number of immigrants (legal and illegal) in the country hit a new record of 40 million in 2010, a 28 percent increase over the total in 2000.
Source

With an equally high number of them using some kind of welfare program:

In 2009 (based on data collected in 2010), 57 percent of households headed by an immigrant (legal and illegal) with children (under 18) used at least one welfare program, compared to 39 percent for native households with children.
Source

Heck, we are talking about over 20 million people here.

If you do the math, that means that

0.00000005% are likely to become terrorists that actively take action on the US, or that have sons who will become radicalized Muslims and do such things.

Now, consider that nearly every country in the Middle East that has received aid from the US, has produced some kind of terror 'actor'.... The numbers are far more pressing to cut foreign aid before welfare if the sole purpose is to avoid "funding terrorists with your tax dollars" as you so eloquently said. (paraphrased.)

Also, if you look at the root cause of the problem, one could argue that all the drone strikes that take out small villages, sometimes killing woman, children and other non-combatants/civilians, which means, your defence dollars are creating terrors too,

Since your plight is that you want to avoid "making bad guys" so-to-speak, out of your money, you are going to have to petition the government to cease foreign aid, to cease military aid, to cease military spending, and last but not least, (the least pressing of them all because it has the lowest rate) welfare programs to immigrants, so they are unable to use your money to buy rice cookers.

Edited to add:

Earlier I had predicted the problem of welfare recipients turning into terrorists as a "0.000123349999%" possibility. But when I did the actual math it was more around 0.00000005%

I was wrong, the possibility was far, far lower than I predicted.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by amkia
BS..!

How come you guys gets picky for a lousy 100G over a ten years as social help, but DO NOTHING bout billions of dollars being wasted in one day in US overseas illegal wars killing and terrorizing people and civilians in addition stealing their national/cultural/personal treasures too?

Goddamn hypocrites.

I am so freaking sick, and tired of that crap for the last 10 years social programs alone has cost over 20 trillion MORE than those "illegal wars".

To the op people should beware of the rampant fraud, and abuse of those social programs(welfare)

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I'm not American, but if this happened in my country that is okay with me. The goal of welfare programs for immigrants is not to carry out Jihad against the US,

Oh so blackmail?

Pay them people "not to hate and wage Jihad" when they do anyway.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join