Boston Bombers' Family Received Over $100 K in Welfare Benefits

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by junglimogli

Originally posted by Signals

The Tsarnaev family, including the suspected terrorists and their parents, benefited from more than $100,000 in taxpayer-funded assistance — a bonanza ranging from cash and food stamps to Section 8 housing from 2002 to 2012, the Herald has learned.

“The breadth of the benefits the family was receiving was stunning,” said a person with knowledge of documents handed over to a legislative committee today.

Further evidence that we probably shouldn't offer welfare to non-citizens?

I wonder if they used an EBT card to buy the pressure cookers and supplies?

I also wonder if they used an ObamaPhone to detonate the bombs?

Unbelievable the mess this country is in....

nation.foxnews.com...
edit on 30-4-2013 by Signals because: (no reason given)

Sooo... the US govt appears to be a sponsorer of terrorism..via funding .. how ironic is that ...

As we speak, they are busy funding millions of possible attackers .. possibly even helping to raise them by awarding them child support ..

Congress, Senate and the whole lot -------> ship them all to GITMO ..

Soooo following your logic, everyone on welfare in the U.S. is a possible Jihadi...

So as of march this year theres 11,742,000 possible Jihadis in the U.S.

Christ, no wonder the FBI cant follow all of them..

What a crock...

Your theory has the same logic as If the neighbours dont go to my church sunday, they must go the muslims.....

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Yet your government spends millions a day on end for over 10 years on wars and here you are complaining about 100,000 bucks....seriously?

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
reply to post by CornShucker

I might have been raised on a farm, but I don't know of any way of dividing 100,000 by 10 and coming up with 2,500...

2500 is between four people, the number of people in the family. Perhaps they could have showed you on the farm when you divide a hay bail in 4 pieces, the hay is equally divided into (get this) four pieces.

I never said they got a solar upgrade. I said that a family, or anyone, could apply for a solar upgrade and receive far more funding than this family got in various welfare credits (for a given year). Simply stating that there are more government handouts than simply welfare. And, with this logic, one might consider, had a person who applied for a solar credit and received 10 or 20k from it, gone out and shot someone, would that make tax payers responsible for the shooting? Because that is what this thread is trying to convey with the "OMG Taxpayers funded terrorism!!!" premise it has.

So to clarify again, 100,000 divided by 10 and again by 4 (the number of people that benefitted) that equals $2500.

edit on 30-4-2013 by boncho because: Took out some unneeded attitude on my part. My apologies to anyone who read it. Decorum and all that.

Thanks for the clarification. I didn't have the opportunity to read your reply before your edit, but the reply is appreciated and makes sense. Don't remember what show it was on, but I remember watching Al Gore (when VP) talking about some policy and millionaires and the host asking how it could apply to people making $250,000 a year. Al Gore (is all seriousness) looked and held his hands palm up and asked, "In four years, what've you got?" Never thought I'd see the day when I'd get suckered into thinking like Al... [hanging head in shame]
edit on 1-5-2013 by CornShucker because: fixed hurried typo

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

The conviction of the accused is already occurring according to the opinion of the ignorant, and a whole lot of other people are being balled up into the category of "guilty" right along with the ones who are on the news.

Opinions such as this by the ignorant masses are why it is so incredibly dangerous to rely on the judgment of one's peers as a last resort when being bullied by a legal system which feeds on the poor, ignorant and weak minded.

Now people who are less fortunate than the ones who ignorantly believe themselves to be not so bad off are branding anyone who is not just like themselves to be something resembling "terrorists".

Ignorance has become a veritable religion.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 06:20 AM
link   

reply to post by boncho

The facts are the facts, Boncho...

This has nothing to do with false left-right paradigms, nice try though

What it does concern is the American taxpayer funding "terrorism", that is the original topic here

Sorry, but you are wrong, this is everything to do with partisan politics and using a terrorist attack to score points for your political ideology.

Facts are facts - and the fact is that more than 99.9% of those who receive assistance do not commit terrorist atrocities. There are hundreds of thousands of people who have arrived in the USA from other nations for a better life, received assistance, then gone on to become valuable and productive members of American society - this is the vast majority that you don't want to talk about because it doesn't suit your right wing politics of attacking the left and the social structure.

Remember, you said it yourself, facts are indeed facts. Don't deny the fact that you - and your conservative Republican "journalist" hacks - are trying to make an extreme minority a massive issue in an effort to attack your opposition.

It's not just distasteful given the circumstances, it's pathetic and transparently clear to almost everyone.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by sdcigarpig
Beyond the amount, as it goes back 10 years, so that is not the issue that most should have. This family came here, claiming persecution, and granted asylum. They left Russia and moved here, then freely moved back home, after being granted said asylum. That should be where the outrage should be, not at the amount of assistance they received over the years, but that they came here claiming that they were persecuted only to turn around and move back to the very country that they were fleeing from.

I'd hate to see such a logical point get lost in the clutter. With your permission, I'd like to pass it on when appropriate. Your sig would not be referred to, of course. I'd only point out an insight someone I knew had.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evanzsayz
reply to post by Signals

Yet your government spends millions a day on end for over 10 years on wars and here you are complaining about 100,000 bucks....seriously?

That sounds like a lot of money when you are barely getting by and don't qualify for squat... Having been raised on a farm, heavy lifting started for me at the age of 10. My brother and I used to water 100 head of cattle after grade school by lugging two five gallon buckets each from the water trough through 10-12" of mud, crap & snow into the barn. (Cattle are valuable. That's why you have kids. Would want one of the herd to break a leg... :lol

I am now 60 and don't want to list all of it. Degenerative disk disease throughout my entire lumbar and advanced arthritis with cysts all over my left hip socket will give you some idea. I don't qualify for anything so far.

The brother that trained in boxing looked pretty healthy to me... It just is getting depressing to see that, in Modern Day America, if you were born and raised here you already have two strikes against you.

I don't remember the exact name, Making Work Pay, maybe? But I didn't want to cash our stimulus check. I told my wife I didn't trust the gov't and would rather deposit it and let it sit 'til tax time. Turned out I was right. There was a glitch in their logic when they wrote the bill. Folks like us got caught in a Catch-22. I was still able to work full time then and my wife had a full time job and worked weekends at a convenience store to try to catch up some bills. At tax time we not only had to pay back the stimulus money but a little over $200 extra because we were too "well off". Kinda makes a guy want to sit down and give up...

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
What outrages me is that we give benefits to these people at all while our own citizens struggle.

10K a year may not sound like much, but when you get sec 8 housing for $25 a month its more then you think. And did you see that house?? I rent a crappy two bedroom that looks like a outhouse compared to that house.

As far as food stamps, you can purchase almost anything but paper towels with them. Ive seen people buying steaks and seafood before with EBT cards, or as they are better known "Eat Better Today" cards.

I bust my ass all week long and sometimes on weekends and I live check to check sometimes rotating which bills get paid. And I have no credit cards and my car is paid for. The only help I would like is some childcare assistance (Im a full time single dad) but I dont qualify.
edit on 1-5-2013 by coop039 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I see both sides here. First of all, truth is that the vast majority of welfare receivers are not active terrorists.
Having said that, it is a personal insult to the working people of America and to those who through no fault of their own need to receive state help. The insult is that this family got safety and help from a country that took them in and have repaid it by killing people because they hate said country.

I don't care if this is an isolated case, the injustice is still there. If you give someone a helping hand, you don't expect them to stab you in the back for it.

Whilst these two boys may be the only ones ever to get free money and then kill those that gave it to them, I am in no doubt that there are a good number who sympathise with them. You'll never find out because they won't do anything but they hate you alright. They take your money and wish you dead.

I live in the UK and it is the same here. There are areas where you can't walk as a caucasian without attracting racist comments. There are areas where it looks like Teheran, men wearing dresses and funny chin beards and women where you can only see the eyes [sometimes not even them]. Nobody there is integrated, they speak their own language, have their own shops, their own laws; it is basically a foreign land, right in the middle of London.

All these people receive some sort of help, unless they run a shop or any other business, they are absolutely unemployable. Whilst British people have to show evidence for actively seeking jobs, these people are somehow excempt. They come to sign on but don't speak one word of English.

There is no way that the covered women are actively seeking employment and neither are the dress wearing males. Yet they get 'benefits'.
I have long given up to be angry about that. Yeah, some people really DO need some help and why not?

However if any of them shows cold hatred towards myself or to Britain as a country, then it is a different ballgame.

If you really hate a country and its inhabitants so much, then have some pride and don't take handouts, or - even better- get the hell out of it. If you kill those that have paid for your upkeep, you should be tried for treason. There is NO excuse in the world ever.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Right. Because poor people from Guatemala, or from Cuba, or from the Congo, or from China are likely to become terrorists?

FAIL thread.

Prove the links between welfare, blanket spread country-of-origin immigration & terrorism. Prove that welfare recipients are more likely than minimum wage earners to commit terrorism. You can't. The poor are the poor, no matter where they're from. They are not more likely to commit terror attacks because they are poor.

In fact, if you can demonstrate a conclusive link between any demographic group and terrorism - excluding the obvious proviso that 'terrorists' are generally Islamists carrying out Jihad (or agents of the globalist cabal carrying out false flag attacks) - then you'll have solved a mystery worthy of Scooby Doo.

We know that fundamentalist Islam breeds terrorism. Does that mean you can deny welfare to all Islamic citizens who were raised in the USA, because more terror plots are carried out by Islamists than by any other group? No. Therefore it would be discriminatory to do the same for immigrants.

Proper intelligence is your only weapon against terrorism. Causing additional suffering for tens upon tens of thousands of immigrants or asylum seekers between low wage jobs, or those who become disabled, by denying basic welfare aid is not a solution. It is inhuman, and besides which it would lead to a ridiculous boom in the number of crimes committed, simply by people trying to get food & supplies for their families.

Wrong attitude Signals - and yet in other subjects I have found your insights compelling..!!!

edit on 1-5-2013 by FlyInTheOintment because: balance

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Such an idiotic thread..

One out of possible millions on welfare and are from another country..happened to be a terrorist. The OP see this is as US funding terrorist...come on...is anyone buying into this garbage.

This is the definition of ignorance...have one do bad so blame the entire bunch.

How about the ones who were on welfare and then went on to success. Why does no one bunch them together.

You wanna know why?...because individual success and failure does not speak for everyone,,,they are all different. With differences in everyone you will get all sorts of stories..good or bad.

The OP is reaching here and anyone with half a brain knows it.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

I am so freaking sick, and tired of that crap for the last 10 years social programs alone has cost over 20 trillion MORE than those "illegal wars".

To the op people should beware of the rampant fraud, and abuse of those social programs(welfare)

Wow, do you honestly believe the government has actually spent this much since the inception of welfare? Fox News much?

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

So. Because of one miscreant family who have become the focus of the world due to the alleged involvement of the boys in a terrorist attack, all the other millions of needy families, from cultures that have nothing to do with Jihadi terrorism plots, they should all suffer because of ONE FAMILY?????

UTTER NONSENSE. Your logic is fatally and disgracefully flawed from an ethical and pragmatic standpoint.

The facts (''The facts are the facts Boncho") which you claim, are the facts of one family, and are not representative of the (VERY BIG NUMBER) overwhelming majority of immigrant families.

A conservative estimate of the number of first generation immigrants living in the USA is presently somewhere around the 45 million mark. That's 45,000,000 people.

So. A family of four. As a percentage of 45 million people? That's:

0.000000008 %

So. The facts are the facts Signals - one family is not representative of the immigrant community, nowhere near, no way, and no how..

No matter how you try to spin it, Boncho is correct, and you are wrong.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I don't know why they give benefits to non citizens! It shows they are not productive to our society!

If I want to move to Canada or France i have to prove I will be good for their economy and WORK not suck off their government for hand outs.

If you aren't a citizen you should get NO assistance.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by BellaSabre
People come to the land of milk and honey, wanting a nice big gulp, and give us nails and ball bearings in return.

Only some do but the ones who feel that way have proven themselves to be deadly.

Muslim hate preacher Anjem Choudary urges Muslims to claim 'Jihad Seeker's Allowance'

Telling fellow fanatics to claim 'jihad seeker's allowance', Anjem Choudary, who in the past has planned to disrupt the minute's silence on Remembrance Sunday, also openly mocked hard-working Britons, calling them 'slaves'.

He said: 'The normal situation is to take money from the kuffar. You work, give us the money, Allahu Akhbar (God is great).

The 45-year-old former lawyer added: 'We are going to take England — the Muslims are coming. Brussels is 30 per cent, 40 per cent Muslim and Amsterdam. Bradford is 17 per cent Muslim.

'These people are like a tsunami going across Europe.

Link

They are a right charming bunch these radical Muslim immigrants.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Procession101

Wow, do you honestly believe the government has actually spent this much since the inception of welfare? Fox News much?

Actually since the "inception" of welfare that all entitlements are they have spent considerably more.

In 2010 alone, government at all levels oversaw a transfer of over $2.2 trillion in money, goods and services. The burden of these entitlements came to slightly more than $7,200 for every person in America. Scaled against a notional family of four, the average entitlements burden for that year alone approached $29,000.

online.wsj.com...

www.usdebtclock.org...

But who care right?

Continue supporting corporate fascism so the "poor" can go out,and buy more corporate products, funded off the back of those who "have".

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   

I wonder if they used an EBT card to buy the pressure cookers and supplies?

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Covertblack
Last I heard the mother has shoplifting charges pending. What a family.....
edit on 30-4-2013 by Covertblack because: (no reason given)
edit on 30-4-2013 by Covertblack because: (no reason given)

Shaking my head.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Irrelevant. Welfare applies as per law. No one can weed out potential terrorists before giving out welfare.

They were entitled to it. If you don't like it, lobby government.

And if your referring to immigrants, your forbears were immigrants once, given cheap or free land taken from Native Americans.....

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 02:20 AM
link   
This just exposes a situation that we, in Massachusetts, know is a real problem, as it probably is in many other states.
The state will be right on you if a taxpayer misses a property tax payment, a registry for a car excise tax or a stupid trailer fee (used for taking your garbage to the dump) or, even in your town, if you even fail to pay your garbage collection fees on time,.

However, they fail to monitor real "Big-Ticket" items like Welfare benefits for people who are illegal in this country, or have failed to file income tax if they are seeking asylum in our country and state

WTF!. I am pissed off, and the fact that it took Boston Bombers to bring this crap out, and have lawmakers and State officials start to make notice, shows how little the people we elected to run this State, really care about what is going on. I would fire the lot of them, but I cannot, because I am just a measly little puke of a citizen that they absolutely know I cannot do anything about it because I am sure that in their puny, malicious minds, I suck, like the rest of the citizens of this state. Considering moving to New Hampshire, where they at least own up to the crap they pull.

Don't get me wrong, I love Boston, but does Boston love me enough to make sure that my rights are more important than foreign people who come here and exploit it? No., and that should ring a big bell for everyone that lives here.
edit on 2-5-2013 by charlyv because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join