It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boston Bombers' Family Received Over $100 K in Welfare Benefits

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

It would only be state sponsored terrorism if the authorities had prior knowledge that the suspected bombers had become radicalised and were planning an attack. Before that they were just regular folks, claiming benefits.
It looks bad I think but it is what it is

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Is this the ATS lynch mob ?
Why not string 'em up right now ?

They haven't been found guilty and one is dead and the other is as good as from what I'm seeing.
edit on 30-4-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Of course the Feds knew what was happening, and, at the very least, let it happen. At the worst, were involved in these crimes.

The point of the thread was to point out serious problems with the welfare state we have allowed to be created...

Nice vid, BTW.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

Originally posted by Signals
reply to post by boncho

The facts are the facts, Boncho...

This has nothing to do with false left-right paradigms, nice try though

What it does concern is the American taxpayer funding "terrorism", that is the original topic here

How were they funding terrorism. There was how many people in the family, the two brothers, the mother and father? It says 'parents' so I assume it's plural.

“The breadth of the benefits the family was receiving was stunning,”

No, no it's not.

That is only 2500/year.

Take for instance this tax credit program, they could have alone taken in $12,500 in one year had they installed "green energy" equipment.

What the hell does that have to do with anything? It doesn't.

What the hell does them getting certain benefits over a 10 year period? Nothing. Did it cause them to radicalize into enemies of the state? Did it make them pervert their Muslim faith into something that justified killing innocent civilians? No? Okay, so it is of no relevance.

Are you going to seriously throw a fit because (the family) of two nutjobs were able to file for welfare benefits? Do you throw the same fit when a US armed group attacks soldiers overseas, causes terror attacks overseas, etc? Are you demanding justice for all the aide, for all the weapons and training that was given to various militia or government groups in the Middle East over the years which has since been used to attack US military, US people directly, US friendly nations in terror attacks... etc?

Does the welfare have anything to do with the attack? No, it doesn't. Unless that was their total income (Which I highly doubt) they did not need it to do what they did.

Now, on the other hand, when the US trained and armed Saddam Hussein's armies, which in turn used those weapons and training to kill US soldiers, well, that one was a bit of an "oopsy"

Where did you come up with any information about their qualifying for tax credits because of solar upgrades?? Can you provide a source?

Let me refresh your memory:
"The Tsarnaev family, including the suspected terrorists and their parents, benefited from more than $100,000 in taxpayer-funded assistance — a bonanza ranging from cash and food stamps to Section 8 housing from 2002 to 2012, the Herald has learned.

“The breadth of the benefits the family was receiving was stunning,” said a person with knowledge of documents handed over to a legislative committee today."
Source

Notice the words MORE THAN, CASH and HOUSING and plus there is no way yet to know what the person making the comment has seen that hasn't gone public yet.

I might have been raised on a farm, but I don't know of any way of dividing 100,000 by 10 and coming up with 2,500...

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tranceopticalinclined
I'd like to clear some things up, since I am on some forms of Welfare, I'm also a Air Force Veteran, and recently recovering from server digestion problems suffered over the past 10 years.

For one, Food stamps cannot buy anything other than cold organics. meaning, if it is not having to be kept warm, and can be consumed by human beings, you can buy it with foodstamps be it the store who sells the product accepts them.

You cannot buy ANYTHING else warm or not organic.

Now with TCA ( Temporary cash assistance ) you can get 300 I believe a month, but that's only if you are seen by a social worker weekly, are proving that you are seeking employment, have kids and need that money to keep a major necessity available to you. You must pass drugs tests, and manual screenings as well financial checks to make sure you are not having other accounts or property elsewhere that could of been liquidated and used prior to receiving funds.

First, thank you for your service.

I don't think some of the folks that want to start slinging insults the minute that someone complains about food stamps has a clue about why there are so many of us frustrated and fed up.

Let me tell you about my education with the program:
During the Carter double-digit inflation days back in the '70s, I had a wife and a newborn to feed and house. Our plant would work 3 days then lay us off a week, call us back for 4 days and lay us off 2 weeks, etc... Regardless of what I applied for, we got turned down for everything but unemployment.

One day I saw a woman I knew that worked for the state away from her workplace and kind of cornered her. I asked her to explain to me why I saw all these people getting food stamps, help with their utilities, free insulation and storm windows, WIC, etc and we didn't qualify for anything.

She said she would talk to me, but if I quoted her to anyone she would call me a liar.

First she wanted to know what I drove. A ten year old Plymouth with 100,000 on it but paid for. She said that if I had a newer car that I still was making payments on and it was worth over $5,000 my payments would apply toward benefits.

Then she asked where we lived. We owned an 80+ year old house that needed a LOT of work but paid for. She said if we were renting a furnished apartment our monthly rent would apply toward benefits.

That was when I asked, "Let me get this straight. My wife and I are trying to live within our means but have to lose everything we've worked for to get help but some guy that is already living better than me gets help right away so that he doesn't lose any of the stuff that HE DOESN'T EVEN OWN????

She said, "I'm not saying it's fair, that's just how it is. And I never told you this."

So I asked her, "What would you say if I told you I could show you three people today that are making more in a week selling pot than I do in a month at the plant and are all making out like bandits on state benefits?"

Her response was, "I'd say, 'Don't tell me because I can't do anything about it'"

And then they wonder why this kind of crap gets me bent out of shape...!!

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by BellaSabre
People come to the land of milk and honey, wanting a nice big gulp, and give us nails and ball bearings in return.

It literally makes me nauseated to think about it.
edit on 4/30/2013 by BellaSabre because: (no reason given)

What did your ancestors bring for the native Americans?

talk about nauseating...

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

I know I was slightly off topic Sig. Apologies but once in a while
it seems like we're all to willing to forget
we were once the USA. I have no pity for
him if he is a terrorist collecting welfare.
But can you imagine if he is innocent ?
The two seem like the typical patsy.
edit on 30-4-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by boncho

Boncho...the Mother of this poor desperate family, can't even come back to the Country that gave her all those benefits due to shoplifting charges against her. It's not like she was stealing food from Walmart to feed her poor starving family.

She stole from one of the most expensive, exclusive Woman's apparel stores...Lord and Taylor...$1,600....

Sorry, you argument falls on deaf ears at this point....

Des

edit on 30-4-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

She could sell that expensive shirt that can fit in her purse for a couple hundred dollars.

How is she supposed to get out of a grocery store with a couple hundred dollars worth of food undetected?

I give her props.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by FirstCasualty

Really....really really...you condone and applaud stealing...by a family of terrorists.....

Des

edit on 30-4-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Really....really really...you condone and applaud stealing...

Des

I said I would giver her props...

Ur Mom.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   

As a Woman, I can tell you, you don't steal from Lord and Taylor because you are hungry. You steal there for high fashion you want to wear.

Des

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Beyond the amount, as it goes back 10 years, so that is not the issue that most should have. This family came here, claiming persecution, and granted asylum. They left Russia and moved here, then freely moved back home, after being granted said asylum. That should be where the outrage should be, not at the amount of assistance they received over the years, but that they came here claiming that they were persecuted only to turn around and move back to the very country that they were fleeing from.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   

As a Woman, I can tell you, you don't steal from Lord and Taylor because you are hungry. You steal there for high fashion you want to wear.

Des

As a poor person Ill tell you...

Thats not true.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by CornShucker

Where did you come up with any information about their qualifying for tax credits because of solar upgrades?? Can you provide a source?

Let me refresh your memory:
"The Tsarnaev family, including the suspected terrorists and their parents, benefited from more than $100,000 in taxpayer-funded assistance — a bonanza ranging from cash and food stamps to Section 8 housing from 2002 to 2012, the Herald has learned.

“The breadth of the benefits the family was receiving was stunning,” said a person with knowledge of documents handed over to a legislative committee today."
Source

Notice the words MORE THAN, CASH and HOUSING and plus there is no way yet to know what the person making the comment has seen that hasn't gone public yet.

I might have been raised on a farm, but I don't know of any way of dividing 100,000 by 10 and coming up with 2,500...

2500 is between four people, the number of people in the family. Perhaps they could have showed you on the farm when you divide a hay bail in 4 pieces, the hay is equally divided into (get this) four pieces.

I never said they got a solar upgrade. I said that a family, or anyone, could apply for a solar upgrade and receive far more funding than this family got in various welfare credits (for a given year). Simply stating that there are more government handouts than simply welfare. And, with this logic, one might consider, had a person who applied for a solar credit and received 10 or 20k from it, gone out and shot someone, would that make tax payers responsible for the shooting? Because that is what this thread is trying to convey with the "OMG Taxpayers funded terrorism!!!" premise it has.

So to clarify again, 100,000 divided by 10 and again by 4 (the number of people that benefitted) that equals $2500.

The lady down the street said it was "amazing that a coloured boy could run so fast" during the last summer olympics. She wondered how more of them never made it off the plantations years ago. But, I told her, they had these special weeds they'd plant outside of the plantation, and the weeds would close up when touched, showing the path that the slaves would run off to. So, it was real easy for the plantation owners to track them down and bring them back.

What the hell does that have to do with anything? You guessed it, nothing. Same as that idiot's comment which got plastered all over the right wing hack job article for Fox News. And just so you know I'm not partisan, I already condemned the Liberals on their actions after the Aurora shooting. Don't worry, I'm an equal opportunist when it comes to political and MSM bashing.

edit on 30-4-2013 by boncho because: Took out some unneeded attitude on my part. My apologies to anyone who read it. Decorum and all that.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Des

Or sell. I don't see what the criminal history of a family member has to do with anything. If the criminal behaviour fit in with something related to what happen, then maybe, but shoplifting and killing people in a "Jihad" against innocent people, those are two entirely different things.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by sdcigarpig
Beyond the amount, as it goes back 10 years, so that is not the issue that most should have. This family came here, claiming persecution, and granted asylum. They left Russia and moved here, then freely moved back home, after being granted said asylum. That should be where the outrage should be, not at the amount of assistance they received over the years, but that they came here claiming that they were persecuted only to turn around and move back to the very country that they were fleeing from.

There you go. Now if the MSM were asking those questions, that would be worth something. That shows that the claims made might have been fraudulent to begin with. Or a number of other implications could arise out of such a topic.

In any case, good on you for bringing up relevant issues on this case. Ignoring the pointless partisan bashing/manipulation/nonsense.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
So 100k in assistance over ten years....
That works out to around 10k a year, that's below poverty level, and you think that is real assistance?

So that's criminal of them? To be dirt poor? Is it criminal to need food stamps and assistance with housing?

What jobs did they hold? What was their median wages during that time period?
Were the sons going to school on student loans and grants? If so that's an easy 25-30k in that alone.

Seriously, is this the best people can come up with to point fingers at the Government as supporting them?

This is so much a non-issue I can't believe you all didn't spend a few moments of rational thought and dismiss it as bologna.

Do the math people, because the MSM is jerking your chain hard.
M.

edit on 30-4-2013 by Moshpet because: M+A+T+H = 42

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Des

I thought the charge was destruction of property, would love to know what happened exactly.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I've nailed my colors to the mast with this case.
The US once gave these people sanctuary...
Not even the crazy mother denies that.

And look what they did with it!

Is there an apology to the victims?
Is there any sense of remorse?

Even if there was no direct complicity the apple doesn't fall from the tree in this case.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

what is YOUR solution then ?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join