It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most hazardous material on planet leaking at U.S. nuclear site, worker brought to tears over leaking

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by mactheaxe

I am no expert but all waste sites are near water for the cooling. Or at least it seems that way to me. I guess at one point they figured a large body of water such as the ocean would have the ability to absorb the leakage, but we now know that is simply untrue.

Do not take my words for fact, just observation from my limited view point.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by DAVID64
Because of things like this, I believe if we don't find a way off this planet, we are doomed. We can't keep polluting and contaminating our environment and expect to survive. We need people with a conscience running places like this, not ones just worried about their wallet. And sadly, that's what it boils down to. The owners have placed a value on human life and decided you aren't worth it.

Done and Done

I concur 100%

IMO, we(the human race) specifically TPTB-

Have most likely developed advanced spacecraft that allow for places to be explored that are NEVER mentioned.

Knowing this planet has been on a collision course for a long time; there have likely been ongoing projects that would allow for recolonization of the human race(or something akin to) ... elsewhere.

This ship is about to sink. You can bet your bottom dollar that the Captains(TPTB) won't be going down with it.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar

I am no expert but all waste sites are near water for the cooling. Or at least it seems that way to me. I guess at one point they figured a large body of water such as the ocean would have the ability to absorb the leakage, but we now know that is simply untrue.

Needs more fairy dust ...

rense.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by MariaLida

my question on this happening is WHY IS AN OUTSIDE PRIVATE ORGANIZATION allowed to run waste farm and second question WHY WASN'T GOVERMENT INSPECTORS DOING INSPECTIONS EVERY 3 OR 4 MONTHS.
this is extreme toxic waste not a sewer treatment pond it deserves alot more attention,

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Wow the guy monitoring all of this for signs of leakage found some, then passed on the information to his superiors and they ignore it. Hello dumb asses the space between containment 1 and 2 has a white radioactive ooze in it! That's the whole point of having a sensor in there god almighty what a bunch of retards. Rain water doesn't look like that white and green and practically glowing.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   

See coldfusionnow.org Edward Storms has suggested using certain bacteria that transmute radioactive nuclei to their stable isotopes : It's already been demonstrated that radioactive Cesium can be transmuted in a few hours to regular Cesium. So, the Hanford Facility can easily get rid of ALL its waste simply by dumping in the bacteria like echericae coli , thiobaccili, etc onto the waste and let the bacteria "eat" the Plutonium into Gold. In fact the world's oil reserves were created by bacteria doing cold fusion from Silicon since Sulphur is always found with crude oil and sodium chloride side products of the cold fusion reaction. All the Helium and Tritium produced over millions of years of cold nuclear fusion by microscopic bacteria and plants has since leaked off into Space,while any Hydrogen gas in our atmosphere left billions of years ago.If there was a lot of radioactive waste in our environment, the bacteria would rid of it in a few years ,anyway . There wouldn't be hundreds of years of radioactive pollution. See the book by C. Louis Kervran on Biological Transmutations.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   

S&F for an informative post. It is logical to think that this sort of thing is most likely happening all over the world at these site's. The quote from the worker "I kept trusting them, and when nothing happened I really struggled" is so telling. These people that control these site like in Japan where 7 tanks are leaking just don't know what to do and it would seem that no one in the world does.

What is also telling is that with all the technology in the world the Steven Hawkings of the world is that no one seems to be doing anything to find a way to neutralize this stuff. Ofcourse then they would have to admit that these plants were built with no thought of what they were going to do with this material when stored.

As a species we really are lacking and will no doubt commit suicide by greed.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by siluriancryptic

See coldfusionnow.org Edward Storms has suggested using certain bacteria that transmute radioactive nuclei to their stable isotopes : It's already been demonstrated that radioactive Cesium can be transmuted in a few hours to regular Cesium. So, the Hanford Facility can easily get rid of ALL its waste simply by dumping in the bacteria like echericae coli , thiobaccili, etc onto the waste and let the bacteria "eat" the Plutonium into Gold. In fact the world's oil reserves were created by bacteria doing cold fusion from Silicon since Sulphur is always found with crude oil and sodium chloride side products of the cold fusion reaction. All the Helium and Tritium produced over millions of years of cold nuclear fusion by microscopic bacteria and plants has since leaked off into Space,while any Hydrogen gas in our atmosphere left billions of years ago.If there was a lot of radioactive waste in our environment, the bacteria would rid of it in a few years ,anyway . There wouldn't be hundreds of years of radioactive pollution. See the book by C. Louis Kervran on Biological Transmutations.
This sounds so common sense and easy..........so why don't they try it????

I am afraid of the answer.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar

it requires a large source of water to cool down the waste until it is temperature stable enough for long term storage, so they will always be located by large bodies of water.

It isn't so the water can "absorb" anything except temperature.

(also why you will always see reactors near water sources as well)
edit on 30-4-2013 by SlasherOfVeils because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Unfortunately, my family is not unique. There were an estimated 200,000 servicemen, many probably having families or on the verge of it, that have experienced the damage from our atomic testing days and most of them will never be acknowledged. We were one of the lucky ones in that my grandfather, at least, was acknowledged early on.. Someday, I should just make a thread on the subject because, really, unless you're an atomic veteran or descended from one, very few people know occurred and it's a very, very telling story.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Absolutely lovely how much media attention this gets. I guess maybe if somebody lit a firework next to it, then they could call it an explosion and get media attention. The environmental impact is huge for this.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Absolutely disgusting. S&F as this is the REAL stuff, that needs to get out, and be dealt with. Poor management practice caused by sheer laziness and contempt while chasing their bonuses. YOu ain't gonna get nothing if YOUR DEAD!!. These fools should be shipped of to some archipelago, because they have clearly demonstrated they cannot live is civil society.

This company and its assets should be seized and forced under government control. I feel sorry for the workers, but their management are the ones to blame.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Battleline

Originally posted by siluriancryptic

This sounds so common sense and easy..........so why don't they try it????

Because it's BS. They would have done it already. Some magic life form that "eats" radioactive contamination? Thats disinformation press being pushed by the industry. Radioactivity is only diminished by decay over time, period.

Might as well claim they found some bacteria that can eat the Sun.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ElizaWindso

I was watching this video before logging in today...

I am frozen inside from all of this worst case scenario bs from the nuclear community and their absolute evil.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

"Descendents of Atomic Veterans"

Please link me to the thread and information once it's up. You are brave and I am interested in what you have to share, teach us.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

This company and its assets should be seized and forced under government control. I feel sorry for the workers, but their management are the ones to blame.

Unfortunately, Nuclear is a large chunk of American Industry.

Start with the mining of ores, the refining and all the waste from that. Then make reactor fuel, build reactors to boil water and generate electricity for distribution. Then take the waste or spent fuel from that and make nuclear bombs and other weapons like depleted uranium in factories for war.

The stored waste from mining, production of power plants and war machines like ICBM's, submarines, bombers and the power grid? This is a huge chunk of Americana as we know it. That waste that has been stored for decades in these "tank farms" has also been leaking for decades as well. I first heard about it in the 80's.

When they first started storing it, they thought that by now they would have a permanent solution.

Here we are. Now everybody is starting to get a glimpse. Now we are going to reap what we have sown.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

And so you just sit and do nothing when a clear violation and criminal negligence has been committed. I dont car what part of industry this company is, it is just that a company. And you know the guy at the top. we is know as

THE ACCOUNTABLE MANAGER

HOLD HIM ACCOUNTABLE,

If you swallow this know, you'll be swallowing it for as long as it take you to get radiation sickness and die!! simple as. There ARE NO MITIGATING FACTORS in this regardless of HOW BIG the the criminal element is.

Believe me, I work in Aviation and there are two places for people involved with situations caused by negligence. Prison and the Graveyard!
edit on 30/4/2013 by JakiusFogg because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
We are a cancer on this planet. As a species we are vile putrid garbage and we should be done away with.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

www.pbs.org...
Actually, not sure of the methodology but apparently, reprocessing can be done that purportedly recycles 96% of the waste and turns it into new fuel rods. So, with reprocessing, we basically would reduce our radioactive waste by 96% and dramatically reduce the formation of new waste. The problem?

The Congressional Budget Office reported in 2007 that current reprocessing technologies are more expensive than direct disposal of waste in a deep geologic repository. And an earlier study from Harvard’s Kennedy School of Government also found that “the margin between the cost of reprocessing and recycling and that of direct disposal is wide, and is likely to persist for many decades to come.”

Cost. It's cheaper to create new fuel rods and bury the waste.

This one is pretty interesting as it's always important to look at the group that is making the statement. These scientists are pushing for green technologies and nuclear power isn't a green technology. www.ucsusa.org...

Their biggest beefs outside of cost? That a. it increases the risk of nuclear terrorism and b. it "looks" bad in terms of nuclear proliferation (while France and the UK are doing reprocessing..). Really so leaving toxic waste and continually making and mining for more (risking radiation exposure to uranium miners) while we wait for the government to get off their buns and go the way of Germany (awesome stuff in Germany) is a better alternative for the interim until the privately owned energy companies and government decide that building new and greener power supplies is a great idea. I don't see a flaw in rational there at all.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

It's like the West coast is dying but there is no mention of it in the media.

The stock market just keeps going up and up. It's like an alternative reality.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join