Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Stop screaming

page: 1
4
<<   2 >>

log in

join

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 04:20 AM
link   
It seems that today's female of the species will screech like a banshee at the slightest provocation and for the most trivial of reasons. This is not only extremely irritating it is also irresponsible and dangerous.

Allow me to explain why; if 'Ladies' you scream because your friend has changed her hair, at a new pair of shoes, because One Direction have released a new download, or simply because it is cool to monumentally over react to everything around you how are we to know when you are really in pain, danger, or distress.

So please Gentlemen make every reasonable attempt to educate your mothers, wives, girlfriends, daughters etc out of this practice. If this fails may I suggest an unremovable, scream activated, electric shock collar.

Rant over I am off into the garden to dig a grave for rationality.




posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 04:30 AM
link   
LOL. I'm a woman and I don't scream over things like that. I find that sort of behaviour immature and irritating. I did let out a little shriek when I found this hand sized rain spider crawling over my chair (I was sitting in it), but that doesn't happen every day.



posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Elentarri
 

Well that at least seems to me to be a decent reason to scream because if memory serves those things are dangerous. If my memory serves me correctly those bloody things are only found in Australia where just about every living thing is dangerous.



posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 04:43 AM
link   
lol epic rant! (sorry ladies


s/f
edit on 29-4-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by hotel1
It seems that today's female of the species will screech like a banshee at the slightest provocation and for the most trivial of reasons. This is not only extremely irritating it is also irresponsible and dangerous.

Allow me to explain why; if 'Ladies' you scream because your friend has changed her hair, at a new pair of shoes, because One Direction have released a new download, or simply because it is cool to monumentally over react to everything around you how are we to know when you are really in pain, danger, or distress.

So please Gentlemen make every reasonable attempt to educate your mothers, wives, girlfriends, daughters etc out of this practice. If this fails may I suggest an unremovable, scream activated, electric shock collar.

Rant over I am off into the garden to dig a grave for rationality.


I hope that grave really is for rationality and not for Mrs Hotel?


Actually, you would be surprised at the amount of men who will scream like banshees too for some of the things that you have listed in your post!

May i suggest that if you use the electric training collar to use the small metal probes as the long ones tend to leave nasty burn marks on the neck if used for prolonged periods? Normally 2 to 3 sharp bursts are enough to get things running smoothly and quietly again :



Ladies, this is all in humour so please don't resort to verbally kicking my head in


Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 29-4-2013 by Rodinus because: A rather crap spelling mistake
edit on 29-4-2013 by Rodinus because: I need coffee!



posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rodinus

Originally posted by hotel1
It seems that today's female of the species will screech like a banshee at the slightest provocation and for the most trivial of reasons. This is not only extremely irritating it is also irresponsible and dangerous.

Allow me to explain why; if 'Ladies' you scream because your friend has changed her hair, at a new pair of shoes, because One Direction have released a new download, or simply because it is cool to monumentally over react to everything around you how are we to know when you are really in pain, danger, or distress.

So please Gentlemen make every reasonable attempt to educate your mothers, wives, girlfriends, daughters etc out of this practice. If this fails may I suggest an unremovable, scream activated, electric shock collar.

Rant over I am off into the garden to dig a grave for rationality.


I hope that grave really is for rationality and not for Mrs Hotel?


Actually, you would be surprised at the amount of men who will scream like banshees too for some of the things that you have listed in your post!

May i suggest that if you use the electric training collar to use the small metal probes as the long ones tend to leave nasty burn marks on the neck if used for prolonged periods? Normally 2 to 3 sharp bursts are enough to get things running smoothly and quietly again :



Ladies, this is all in humour so please don't resort to verbally kicking my head in


Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 29-4-2013 by Rodinus because: A rather crap spelling mistake
edit on 29-4-2013 by Rodinus because: I need coffee!



posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by hotel1
 

There is only one circumstance under which I cause Mrs Hotel to scream and if it was any other way she would not have qualified for the position (ahem no pun intended)

I did not intend this as a reply to myself, and I have no idea how that happened
edit on 29-4-2013 by hotel1 because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 04:58 AM
link   
wow that is a huge generalisation.

I am the 2nd female to reply to your rant (I think) and I do not scream or yell.

I am the quiet one that will just tell those in my family: "family meeting at the table now" and then they know.... oh shivers... Mum is serious




posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Not really wanting to get all generational on you, but I will anyway
. I'm wondering what age group your talking about because I don't scream ( well not over a hair colour, music or the likes of what your talking about.

I don't see a lot or women in my mothers age group or grandmothers age group screaming ( with exception of maybe a bingo win
)

Neither do any of my girl friends mid to late 30s age group. I don't get it and would have to agree, save their screaming for things that warrant a scream, like spiders.

edit on 29-4-2013 by feelingconnected because: Wrong word used



posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz
 


If my rant does not apply to you then dear lady I say good for you. But it is becoming dangerously prevalent and my rant was much more about the danger than the irritation factor.

Kind regards



posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by feelingconnected
Not really wanting to get all generational on you, but I will anyway
. I'm wondering what age group your talking about because I don't scream ( well not over a hair colour, music or the likes of what your talking about.

I don't see a lot or women in my mothers age group or grandmothers age group screaming ( with exception of maybe a bingo win
)

Neither do any of my girl friends mid to late 30s age group. I don't get it and would have to agree, save they screaming for things that warrant a scream, like spiders.



It would seem to be the younglings that are the most guilty although I have known older women to do it under certain circumstances,







such as when they have partaken of certain liquids

Go on admit you thought I was going to say something else.


I have to admit to quite liking the idea of you getting all generational on me
edit on 29-4-2013 by hotel1 because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by feelingconnected
I don't see a lot or women in my mothers age group or grandmothers age group screaming ( with exception of maybe a bingo win
)




I just had a real laugh WAY OUT LOUD...

thx



posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by hotel1
 


..... Lol funny you, lookout you may get exactly what you are ranting about. A scream!!!



posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by feelingconnected
 


Will it be loud enough for me to hear from the other side of the world?



posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by hotel1
reply to post by feelingconnected
 


Will it be loud enough for me to hear from the other side of the world?


*Gets the electronic collar out with an evil grin on his face and throws it over to Hotel...* Oh, and here are some ear plugs too


Kindest respects

Rodinus



posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Elentarri
LOL. I'm a woman and I don't scream over things like that. I find that sort of behaviour immature and irritating. I did let out a little shriek when I found this hand sized rain spider crawling over my chair (I was sitting in it), but that doesn't happen every day.


Agreed. That screaming type behaviour sounds more like it would come out of 13 years olds, not anyone who has grown up. It is very annoying.

I can't even scream at spiders, my biggest phobia.
I was in the laundry room a while back, and a spider came out from too close to my foot. I let off such a string of profanities

Same thing happens if I get stung by a wasp. Children should not be within hearing distance :shk:

I'm normally more of a lady than that, until I see a spider, get stung by a wasp, or hurt myself....



posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   


Found it Chief!


(Ps, you've never heard a woman screaming until you've heard the common-shopping-mall-variety pram-pushing-mother-viper..(motherus getoutofmywayyafugnbarstdus) she'll scream at the top of her lungs and not let the ciggy fall from her lips as she picks up the packet of nappies and throws them at little tianas head for saying "mum I need to go wee wee" twice in less than 45 seconds. Onya Straya!!)



posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by hotel1
 


I hope you're only talking about 20 something gals or younger....



posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend
 


Pulling them along by the wrist and smacking the back of their legs just for good measure in quite a few cases!!!

You and Gazrok are going to be the death of me today



Kindest respects

Rodinus



posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by hotel1
 


Not ALL women scream. I only scream when there are spiders or snakes involved and that usually includes running really fast too and I am a smoker, so when I run it is hard to run AND breathe much less scream.


So, to switch it around a little, why are guys emotionless beings? I mean a little emotion would be great now and then. My husband, for example, I do not think I have ever heard him shriek over anything ever in the 27 years we have been together. (Married 23)


So it appears women are truly from venus and men from mars.






top topics



 
4
<<   2 >>

log in

join