It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you ever spoken to a child who talked of a past life?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I can't say that I'm a confirmed believer in reincarnation, however I do think that there may indeed be something of substance to it, but to what degree, I can't say.

I was present for the birth of my fourth grandchild, a girl. My daughter's pregnancy had been unproblematic, and the delivery, while induced, was routine, however my granddaughter immediately at her birth gave us some very tense moments as she was not responding appropriately. She was extremely lethargic, her APGAR scores very low, and was having difficulty taking her first few breaths. With a pediatric crash cart on standby the medical staff worked with her, rubbing her chest, tummy and back, and suctioning the mucous from her airways.

After what felt like an eternity she gave a weak whimper and began to pinken up. As the nurses bundled her in a blanket, she turned her head and her eyes met mine. I can not put into words the impact that I felt at that precise moment. In my life I have fallen in love with a man with whom I've shared 25+ years of marriage and have borne five children of my own, and as memorable as each of those moments of initial eye contact were, not a single one of them hold a candle to that second we shared. That baby and I just stared at one another, mesmerized. We would probably still be doing so had not a nurse come between us and began to clean her up properly. I turned to my eldest daughter who was also present and said, 'That child has an old soul.' She looked at me as if I had suddenly declared I was going to crowned the empress of China.

My granddaughter just turned five a week ago, but nothing in the past five years has done anything to alter my opinion one iota. She has verbal skills far beyond any other five year old I've ever met, has a vocabulary that some high schoolers would be hard pressed to match, an attitude and demeanor that is more in line with a woman in her thirties, is quite comfortable in her computer skills (which even at my age is something I can't boast of), shows an interest in a variety of music and dance which I don't normally associate with children that age, gets frustrated easily if other family members don't readily grasp the concept or idea she is trying to get across, and speaks frequently of 'when I was a little girl.'

Her mother both attends college and works during the day, so we spend a great deal of time together. As an infant i would rock her and we would just get lost in staring at one another. She rarely blinked when very small. Quite often now, we have discussions which I don't consider typical of that between a five year old and someone of my age. Just recently she described to me how she had been on a safari in Africa. She had told me of lions, giraffes, elephants, great herds of deer with sharp horns (I took this to mean gazelles or wildebeests), savannas of grasslands and mountains in the distance. Needless to say, not a single member of my family has ever visited Africa, much less been on safari.

I apologize for being so long-winded but to conclude with the most recent instance we've shared, about three weeks ago we were engaged in a tickle match, a game she adores, and it appeared that she was ready to concede, she called a time out (a known strategy of hers employed to regroup and make a fresh attack). Rather than the full frontal assault I anticipated she looked very seriously at me and announced matter of factly , 'I knew you when you were a little girl, Granny.' The hair literally stood on end on my neck. I answered, 'Oh, really...and what was I like when I was a little girl?' She replied, 'Well, you were a lot smaller than now, you had long dark hair, you were skinny, and you hated to be tickled.'

All true! As a child, I would have been smaller. I wear my greying hair not quite collar length now, but as a child I had dark hair to my waist. I was abysmally skinny (I was actually blown off an aunt's porch by a severely strong gust of wind once), and I loathed being tickled to such a degree that over the years I've schooled myself to not react to being tickled in order to avoid further such treatment.

If my granddaughter is indeed a return visitor to this dimension and did encounter me as a child, I have combed my memory for anyone, family member or not, that might match with some of the tales and experiences she has related to me, and so far, I've come up empty. Quite honestly, I'm not sure I really want to make that match or have that type of confirmation because in a way I feel that it might take away from the beautifully unique child that has me wrapped around her finger.

Thanks for allowing me to share and a huge Star and Flag for this lovely thread!

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I believe we often come down from a larger family, with certain people within that group, sometimes to work through problems in the past, sometimes to help, always to grow more.

My youngest son from the time he could speak, which was a little later, he needed leg braces, and speech therapy and began to speak just before 2 years I believe. In any case, he would take eveyr toy, car, there was and say, "and he fell, fell, fell" and then when we were out, he would get very interested in the tall buildings and always repeat this. We had to bolt the windows shut for I raced in the bedroom to find him straddling the window frame, really horrified that he was trying to relive something.

We also had a ministry foster child just prior to being 19 stay with us, and we will continue to be a support for him as they don't prepare people for life, and he doesnt have a life plan. This young man wanted to join the army and his worker was going to drive him right up to sign his name on the dotted line. And we all reasoned with him, please don't do that.

I began to have images come in dreams of his face, almost the same, during ww2. Wasn't sure what side he was on, but knew he had died young in the war, and that he was not meant to join the army in this lifetime, no matter how hard it was to heal up and reach for goals, that wasn't the short cut needed. It felt like that was the main reason for our interaction, was to prevent that from taking place, and anything was rewriting a script.
edit on 28-4-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Minnie1985

The problem with children growing up in the western world is that the programming and indoctrination starts early on, children are made to conform to the norms and learn very quickly not to make a fuss as adults are scared that they have a difficult child, or one with mental health issues, it is just a sad fact of life, these days most young children are brought into a world of tech and computers etc, whereas in the eastern world children are taught to express all things esoteric and i bet the children are more confident as adults as there is a balance.
My mother from the age of three was aware of the little folk who used to walk through her bedroom walls, to her it was normal, but she remembers only making the mistake once in telling her folks, as they forbade her ever to speak of it or them again or she would end up being taken away. I guess it is fear of the unknown, i think all western schools should have an hour a week where they discuss topics of spirituality and cosmic life, in which there are millions of other species out there and perhaps maybe the children will grow up balanced with no prejudice to anyone they meet, and perhaps then we as a race can be accepted into universal life instead of just Earth life and its limitations.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Great read. My friend's half brother used to speak of a past life. I am going to spend some time with him today and will write down the accurate details to the story later tonight.

It's interesting to see that children are more inclined to see and speak things of an esoteric nature. I have my own assumptions to what is, but an interesting note is that children make a "decision" to stay on earth after a few minutes chilling here and once that decision is made, it seems as if their minds are more focused on the ways of earth.
edit on 28-4-2013 by DelayedChristmas because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
My mom has told me a story for years about when I was around 4years old (38 now) that really freaked her out.
Apparently, when I was little, I turned to her one day and asked her "Where is my rocking chair?", when she asked what chair, I apparently proceeded to describe the rocking chair I used to sit in, along with the slippers I wore when sitting in it, along with several other things that I don't remember right now...
What freaked her out was that I had just described, to a T, her grandfather's chair and items and the room they were in. I had never been in that house, as my great-grandfather (mom's grandpa) had died about a year before I was born.
My mom swears to this day that it's true, and how much it affected her at the time, of course I don't remember this, it was a long time ago. I have also been told by several people over the years that I have an old soul, although I never really was sure what the heck that was supposed to mean, lol.
That's my story, I hope someone can relate or something. I have a son who used to say some things that made my wife and I wonder about what was going on with him....but thats another subject entirely.
edit on 28-4-2013 by MrGrumpy because: added a sentence.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Neat stories everyone.

I used to think the idea of reincarnation was just silly. However, I began to wonder otherwise a year or so ago when my now almost 4 year old began to talk about her brown mommy and daddy (we are white). At first I kind of brushed it off as her confusing words, especially since she is a bit speech delayed. However, as time went on she kept bringing up her brown mommy and daddy. She has since talked about a brown house, a pet dog (she is terrified of dogs but speaks of this one fondly), and a brother that she seems very attached to. Several weeks ago (6 or so?) she became very upset at me because I could not take her to see her brother. She seemed to think I should know how to find him. I'm wondering what I should ask her if/when she brings them up again.
edit on 28-4-2013 by Saorsainn because: Forgot the pet dog!

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Sure, I talk to him daily, he is my youngest son. Latest example, a song came on a Pandora station I had on and my son sang it word for word. This song was from maybe the 1930's-1940's...certainly nothing that is on the radio and it wasn't a popular singer even back then...can't recall the guys name. Anyway, my son is 8 years old. I asked him how he knew that song and he says, "it was on the radio all the...oh wait, that was before you"

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I have not had any experience with children re-calling past lives but my grandmother and mother have both told me that I used to say strange things from the age of 3/4 until I was around 8. Most of these things were minor and could have meant anything, however my grandmother told me of a rather sinister thing I had said and she told me she was quite disturbed. Apparantly, when I was 5/6 years old, I was sat outside and it was day time. I was visiting my grandmother's house. I was upset about something or other, and my grandma came and sat beside me, to which I pointed at the sky and said ''I want to go home''. My grandmother said that she was concerned about me because she thought I was going to commit suicide lol, but still, it's very strange. The nurse that delivered me at the hospital also told my mother ''She has definitely been here before'' in an excited tone.

Oh, my little siblings are quite fascinating. My little brother who is 4, often tells me about how he loves 'lights (electricity) and cars/trains', and often remarks that he has 'never seen one before' and . My little sister who is 1 is very smart for her age in her actions and her eyes are quite deep. My grandmother thinks my little sister is an 'old soul'.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
At a family function the subject came up about our furthest memory. Most of us had normal childhood memories. My cousin who was maybe 5 at the time told us of a "time before he was born". He insisted that he had to stand in line and choose whether or not he would be a boy or a girl and even got to pick who his parents would be. Most of the adults laughed at his "memories" until my grandmother announced that her furthest memory is also before she was born. She remembered being a ball of light! She said she was floating around with other balls of light and they where all very happy and carefree. She became very curious about a window that was cracked open and got closer and closer. The other balls of light became concerned and warned her not to get too close. Curiosity got the better of her and she eventually got close enough to look in the window. She immediately got sucked in! We laughed a bit at her story and asked her what she saw when she looked in the window. She saw her parents laying in bed! She considers this a memory and she swore it was true.

This isn't about past lives but shortly after we moved to a new house my 2 year old daughter began wetting the bed. She was suddenly afraid to get up at night because she saw "monsters". This went on for a few months and one night we asked her what the monsters looked like. We expected her to make up something scary but instead she said he "has hair like Daddy" and began describing a man, and that he asked her to "Come up with me tonight" in a deep voice and pointed at the ceiling. She said that she saw him in the bathtub one night and that when he turned to look at her the water turned all dirty. She said that the monster came in and out of her closet and that he looked like a stranger. My 7 year old son took his fake sword and slashed it around in her closet and said that he killed all the monsters and she was safe now. She looked at him puzzled and said "He was already killed by himself" Well, the strange thing is that we found out after buying the house that the family's 19 year old son had committed suicide.
edit on 29-4-2013 by sio10580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Interesting thread indeed. I'm still skeptical on this whole idea of reincarnation.. Although it does sound plausible.

My only thoughts is how do you go to your kid and ask him about his/her past life, they may look at you as if your crazy or just tell you some insane story, although it could just be a dream they had that felt really real..I've had some intense veryy vivid dreams where, I wake up and I have to look around the room to make sure I'm awake..

Some of these stories are pretty intriguing, but how do we not know maybe they're just sharing a dream that felt real to them, to us? How do we really know it's about past life?

Interesting topic though!

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I saw this thread when it was first posted (Luckily, it made it to front page so was easy to find), and didn't think much of it until I came across the reddit article by chance. Not sure how much truth is in it as most of the stories seem right out of a horror movie, and wouldn't put it past the late night trolls to have some fun with it, but I've read many stories of children recalling past lives. It's certainly something I'd like to see investigated more thoroughly,
edit on 29-4-2013 by Ginga because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
my sisters 4 year old has been talking about past life type stuff, for over a year, she has spken of having another mum and dad and a sister, of being killed, by people with swords, of seeing yoda in a film at the cinema when she has never been near one let, alone alive when empire, jedi, tpm,atotc, rots were, she told my sister, she chose her and my sisters partner and has been with them before

I met a past life lover on dance floor 3 years ago and it turned my world upside down, there were memories of us in the past and an ineffable knowing and love bond and a ton of conflict and energetic experience to settle karma

past lives to me, at this point are obvious

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
my sisters 4 year old has been talking about past life type stuff, for over a year, she has spken of having another mum and dad and a sister, of being killed, by people with swords, of seeing yoda in a film at the cinema when she has never been near one let, alone alive when empire, jedi, tpm,atotc, rots were, she told my sister, she chose her and my sisters partner and has been with them before

I met a past life lover on dance floor 3 years ago and it turned my world upside down, there were memories of us in the past and an ineffable knowing and love bond and a ton of conflict and energetic experience to settle karma

past lives to me, at this point are obvious

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by live2beknown
Interesting thread indeed. I'm still skeptical on this whole idea of reincarnation.. Although it does sound plausible.

My only thoughts is how do you go to your kid and ask him about his/her past life, they may look at you as if your crazy or just tell you some insane story, although it could just be a dream they had that felt really real..I've had some intense veryy vivid dreams where, I wake up and I have to look around the room to make sure I'm awake..

Some of these stories are pretty intriguing, but how do we not know maybe they're just sharing a dream that felt real to them, to us? How do we really know it's about past life?

Interesting topic though!

An excellent point. I am a pretty skeptical person by nature, and I am not claiming, by any means, that I am my great grandfather reincarnated. For all I know I may have dreamed about the things I described to my mom. As I said, I do not remember the conversation when it happened, only my mom's retelling of it. That being said, my mom does not lie, and had absolutely nothing to gain by fabricating the story that I have heard so many times over the years. She claims that I asked the question about the chair completely unsolicited, out of the blue. Also, throughout the various retellings, her story has never changed in the slightest. She swears that it happened, and that there is absolutely no way I could have known about the chair and other things that I apparently described in such detail as to leave no doubt in her mind what I was talking about. Who knows? Make of it what you will, because after all these years......I still don't know what to make of it myself. I have always just thought it was kind of a neat little story, but she still gets chills down her spine when talking about it.
edit on 30-4-2013 by MrGrumpy because: I'm tired and my brain is not in sync with my stupid fingers

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I have been reading about past lives and reincarnation a lot due to some of the recent posts on ATS and it has been very interesting reading. Everyone has their theories, and I wish sometimes we as humans would spend more time studying the space between our ears instead of the space outside of our atmosphere.

I'm about to put something out there that has concerned me. For as long as I can remember, I have had my own voice pop into my head (always sounds like the "current" me) that says this:

"I've killed 5 people"

Now, this used to concern me- and for obvious reasons. I'm not a murderer, I'm a nice guy! After being a lurker for years on this site I figured I would ask here. Is this an echo of guilt from a past life? How would I even start looking for information or leads? As I am in my late 20's I get that message less and less, and am beginning to think I missed maybe more details to a past life as a kid. Any help would be appreciated, though at this point I'm not quite sure what I'm even asking...I guess just where to start looking so I can find a starting point for some answers.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I ve had a dream about it to... But never searched it much, as I believe it.. My countries ancient philosophers supported it, not only that, they even wrote a book how the physical body connects and moves in our everyday routine, with the soul inside... Even with mathematics!

My dream was me.. looking into mirrors (old dream)... I saw inside the first mirror and I saw me.. but in a different body! I was Caucasian, blond... I remember we went for a kind of a small trip with a group of people and at night they butchered us!! HAHAHA ... sounds funny... it was a creepy experience, because the dream ended the time I felt the butcher knife in my throat. It was about nearly 30s-60s... I remember the cloths.

The dream didnt ended there... I watched in other mirror and I saw me again, but as a child from Ethiopia, dying and starving... died like that... It was me in my dream but in different bodies and roles.

in the topic about (Creepy things kids have said to you) I ve wrote an experience with a baby girl... she spoke to me spanish!!! But she couldnt even say "dada" ... And we are not spanish! And that was not a dream!

edit on 1-5-2013 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by MaMaa

Sure, I talk to him daily, he is my youngest son. Latest example, a song came on a Pandora station I had on and my son sang it word for word. This song was from maybe the 1930's-1940's...certainly nothing that is on the radio and it wasn't a popular singer even back then...can't recall the guys name. Anyway, my son is 8 years old. I asked him how he knew that song and he says, "it was on the radio all the...oh wait, that was before you"

Wow!!
I'm working my way backward through the thread to get caught up...
this is an awesome story. So are many of the others that came after it.
Thanks for sharing, folks!

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Minnie1985

Hi Minnie,
Sorry I've been away from your thread for a few days...

interesting about the exploding head syndrome. I've never had that, nor Sleep Paralysis as people describe it.

something tells me your going to tell me not to be so silly!

Try not to be so silly!
I notice plenty of posted grammatical and spelling errors in my own posts sometimes. Writing is a discipline that mostly has to do with a lot of RE-writing.

Not published yet, I am currently repolishing the first one - the two sequels will be up next. I've had interest from some small presses, but no hits yet.

My dad's mother died when he was in his early 20s - she was a prolific (but unpublished) writer who use the pen name Natalie Bly. No one knows why. I have some of her manuscripts, and have read them, and some of it was spookily eery...am I her? I don't know....but I have always felt a strong connection to her somehow.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saorsainn
Neat stories everyone.

I used to think the idea of reincarnation was just silly. However, I began to wonder otherwise a year or so ago when my now almost 4 year old began to talk about her brown mommy and daddy (we are white). At first I kind of brushed it off as her confusing words, especially since she is a bit speech delayed. However, as time went on she kept bringing up her brown mommy and daddy. She has since talked about a brown house, a pet dog (she is terrified of dogs but speaks of this one fondly), and a brother that she seems very attached to. Several weeks ago (6 or so?) she became very upset at me because I could not take her to see her brother. She seemed to think I should know how to find him. I'm wondering what I should ask her if/when she brings them up again.
edit on 28-4-2013 by Saorsainn because: Forgot the pet dog!

I thought I would add to this. On a parenting site I visit, a discussion similar to this came up yesterday. This morning I decided to ask my daughters where they were before they were with mommy and daddy. Initially both looked at me confused. Then my oldest daughter volunteered that my youngest daughter had a brown mommy and daddy she talks about a lot after nap time before they come out of their room. I was doing their hair when I brought this up and my youngest volunteered that her brown mommy had long black hair that was tangled a lot. Much more than hers. She also said that when her brown mommy had white hair she told her to lay down and close her eyes and she laid by her and went to sleep. I asked what her name was and she said something like Lama or Lamya. Initially I questioned, Llama? and she corrected me, so there is a subtle difference. I looked it up and apparently it is arabic in origin. She also told me that her brown daddy had brown hair and not black hair. That is all I could get out of her this morning.

I also wanted to add that on the other site there were also a few stories where a child mentioned being in a room (sometimes well lit/bright) when they picked their parents. Seems to be a common theme to me.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by trinityalways

It’s been 3 years now and I’m trying to hang on, each day is a different day I just wonder how I make it to the next one is still a mystery to me.

Thank you so much for your reply, i'm so sorry that i'm only just replying, i haven't been online since the weekend,

your experience has really moved me, you are an amazing person and must be so proud of your daughter, even though she didn't have very long on this earth it sounds like she was a bright and loving child who has more than likely made a deep impression on lives of the people who were lucky enough to meet her,

i can't even imagine what it must feel like for you to lose a child but my heart is with you all the same,

can i ask you a question that i really hope you don't mind me asking? between your daughter writing her last entry in the journal and her passing away what were her emotions like?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join