It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 top spots to be abducted by aliens in Britain

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
any links or is this just a random list

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Um, usually its your bedroom or home. And everyones been taken but most don't remember. We all have teams watching over.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
any links or is this just a random list

Looks like one of the usual selections based upon media coverage in the past 30-40 years. Rendlesham Forest , The Tor at Glastonbury, Bonnybridge all places we'd associate with sightings certainly (most of them have their own Wiki pages by now) But not a lot of 'abductions' per se. Maybe the OP is regretting their choice of thread title.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Personally, I don't want to go out walking in East or West Lothian, Scotland. Nor the Northern Highlands. Yet they are some of the most scenic and beautiful places on these shores... Too many weird robot UFO's coming and poking people and strange alien abduction encounters for my liking... and enough local witnesses of strange activity to suggest things really are happening up there...! Not like the tourist hotspots of southern England. People just go there to 'feel energy' don't they? Go up to Scotland. See some UFO's and get abducted instead

After being hypnotically regressed they recalled, in 
astonishing detail, how they were taken on board the craft, stripped and examined by strange creatures before being returned to their vehicle on the A70 Edinburgh to Lanark road on the outskirts of the capital.

www.scotsman.com...

Interesting to note from that article, that these things were still reaching the top early this millennium:

...a lengthy briefing on UFO policy which was given to Tony Blair when he was prime minister when the government was about to implement the Freedom of Information Act, and the findings of an “Unexplained Aerial Phenomena” study which suggested that some UFOs were rare atmospheric plasmas that could be harnessed or used by the military as “novel weapon technology”.

The paragraph beneath that about the Navy is also interesting

And as you made me google some stuff, here's a fun little semi-interactive (but outdated) UK map of sightings: www.guardian.co.uk...

Lots of reports following the release of Star Wars and Close Encounters of the Third Kind in '77

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by madmax8

I could not believe it when i saw Bedhampton, which by the way is on the south coast by Havant Nr Portsmouth, i grew up there, and my family on my mothers side, so 3 generations and yes we are contactees. And i have to pass through Cley hill on my way from Bristol to visit my mother who now lives in Bournemouth, and yes i had an experience one night beginning of Dec 2010.
You can also add Bristol to that list, as i know of a least 2 other families who could be contenders for being abductees,[anomalous occurances have happened, i will not push them on my thoughts though, not wanting to scare].
And there is another place near Bedhampton, which is Portsdown Hill, fomer ? navel forts across the hill which looks out over Portsmouth Harbour, and Paulsgrove, a housing estate at the base of Portsdown hill, where my brother had an encounter in one of the caves buried into the chalkpit pit below Portdown Hill, as it so happened was directly below the 30s built [now closed ASWE building].which top secret stuff was happening until the late 80s that i know of..

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by madmax8
hello everyone at ats just came across this and thought it would be an interesting one to share.
and has anyone had any experiences in or near the areas??

1 Bonnybridge, Lanarkshire, Scotland
2 Cley Hill, Wiltshire
3 The Great Orme, Llandudno, North Wales
4 Bedhampton, Hampshire
5 walthamstow, London
6 Bonsall, Derbyshire
7 Rendlesham Forest, Suffolk
8 Bexleyheath, Kent
9 Glastonbury Tor, Somerset
10 Lewisham, London

SOURCE? Tiny amount of Googling brings this from: www.myalienabduction.co.uk

"Logic suggests you’re most likely to be abducted from places aliens are
known to have visited, and this list is the definitive guide to alien
activity in the United Kingdom. Some locations exhibit a high
incidence of sightings while others report only one or two UFO visits
– the locations have been ranked on a scale of one to ten accordingly.
While it’s clear that sightings can happen anywhere, aliens prefer to visit
particular places in the UK repeatedly. The distribution is such that few
people are more than one to two hours drive away from a likely alien
abduction spot.The top ten hotspots are listed below."

[List as above, though still no original source...]

edit on 28-4-2013 by rubberchicken because: You can't just quote something without saying where it came from.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I find it hard to believe that this country's most famous and still allegedly unsolved UFO case at Rendelsham Forest could even be on the same list as Walthmstow

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by AriesJedi

cockneys are NOT descended from gypsies - get a grip FFS
Cockney's are English people who happen to live in London who are born within the sound of bow bells.
They do not exist any more ... or are a dying breed anyway.
edit on 28-4-2013 by HelenConway because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by madmax8

there is a documentary on channel 5 this evening regarding UFOs in wales that were sighted in 1974 in the berwyn mountain range it is on at 00:00 till 01:00

looking into the connection of lights in the sky after an earthquake there :-)

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by malchir

Object. Speculation. How would you know the ET's tendencies? We are going from in some cases physical trace evidence, in few cases implantations, and in many cases corroborating testimony.

Occam's Razor is a very played out defense. Why not try to judge the phenomenon dispassionately? Like any other phenomenon for example "Orbs vs Ball Lightning" "Norway Spiral vs Missile" "Space Anomalies vs Space Debris/Ice" etc. etc.

I would hesitate to just automatically assume something isn't happening because the process of coming to terms with such a reality would be potentially mind altering. But that is the fun part. Once you get past the fear/depression/lethargic phase of "waking up" or at least opening yourself up to the possibility of: globalism/new world order/ghosts/aliens of every kind/bigfoot and other possible cryptids based on the evidence, the sadness and depression phase doesn't last very long and soon it becomes a desperate need for truth and understanding.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I was stationed at RAF Lakenheath about 40 miles from Rendleshum for about 7 and a half years betwenn 82 to 91 and had a couple of missing time incidents.

And why does everyone assume only redneck country folk and nut bags are abducted. I think they take all sort of social classes, it's just that there's such a stigma attached to admitting anything, that those with titles, money, and position don't talk about it for fear of losing their status. Where as nutbags like me no longer care or have anything to lose.

When I first admitted that I believe alien life existed, I was kidded, but then about a month or two later, those that gave me a hard time usually came back with, "you know, there was this one time..."

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by facelift

Really? This is the first time I have heard about this...

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Well I guess I'm safe down here in the Sunshine State.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Another confirmed sighting today, not far from Bonnybridge, in Glasgow's east end. (Reported in December, Confirmed today)

www.eveningtimes.co.uk...

A JET with almost 200 passengers on board had a near miss with a UFO in the skies above Glasgow's East End, it was confirmed today. Shocked pilots told how they spotted a blue and yellow object pass under the plane as they approached the city's airport.

The incident happened 11 miles east of the airport as the Airbus was flying 3500ft above Baillieston. The stunned A320 pilot told air traffic control: "Er, yeah, we just had something pass underneath us quite close." But a controller told the pilot: "We've got nothing on, er, radar and we're not talking to any traffic either."

The UK Airprox Board, which probes near misses, revealed the unidentified flying object was first spotted 100m in front of the plane. But it was travelling so fast the pilot and co-pilot could not give a proper description. Passenger and freight planes are all fitted with transponders which activate traffic collision avoidance systems. However, the UFO failed to activate the system on the Airbus and was not picked up on radar at Glasgow Airport.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Okay, now I see there are THREE threads on that story already.. I don't know who is worse, you or me..

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: monica1968

Hi, I grew up in paulsgrove and had three ufo sightings in the mid 80s, also there have been many ufo sightings above Portsdown hill in the past 60 years ever since the navy have been playing with radar on it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join